Slideshow: Is Packers' McCarthy the NFL's best coach?

Apr 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Today's TMJ4

The Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy celebrates with the Vince Lombardi trophy after his team beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 in Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas Sunday February 6, 2011.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Of course he is. He clearly outcoached Harbaugh in the playoffs. It was just a fluke the 9'ers won
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I put him in the top 5, but probably not #1. Not yet, he needs to win a few more Super Bowls.

The Packers were definatly out coached in playoff loss.

LBF where would put that CFL coach?:)
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Time will tell. It will be good to have a coach with an offensive approach
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Time will tell. It will be good to have a coach with an offensive approach
He could be quite good even though I rip him for being a CFL coach, I have to do it for fun. He could bring some new wrinkles to the game and different approach from what the Bears normally are like.(defense defense defense)

I read good things about him and heard he is a QB guru, do you think he will want to stay with Cuntler or bring in someone new next year he can mold and develope? I hope he stays with Cuntler for GB's sake :)
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Oh yeah.. Trestman creep me out! He looks like my account and with all his macro and micro talk he might just be.

See here
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000012802...

I just don't think Cuntler is going to want to redo all his mechanics and everything Trestman wants him to do. I don't think Cuntler will be resigned after this year.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Does anyone else get the serial killer with a foot fetish who lives in his mom's basement vibe from Trestmanís interview in the above link. Just me? Creepy!

He sounds like one of the inventors of scrabble too.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Best coach? Some say Belicheater ( but the name says it all doesn't it?_) either Harbaugh can be mentioned.
Coach Mc has 3 division titles,2 NFC championship games and a SB in the last 5 years,
SO again,we all have opinions and points can be made for either end of it,He has to be considered near the top with other deserving candidates
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

eric wrote:
Best coach? Some say Belicheater ( but the name says it all doesn't it?_) either Harbaugh can be mentioned.
Coach Mc has 3 division titles,2 NFC championship games and a SB in the last 5 years,
SO again,we all have opinions and points can be made for either end of it,He has to be considered near the top with other deserving candidates
There you have it. Agreed once agian. Don't forget Coughlin though, he win some good games.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

for trivia sake..

...What if I where tell you the Bears have only made the playoffs-
5 times in the last 20 years

Packers 15 times in 20 years.
Vikings 11 times in 20 years.
Lions 6 times in 20 years.

ohh my!
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Winning seasons in the last 10 years

Lions - 1
Bears - 5
Vikings - 5
Packers - 7

WOW the Lions suck! We better watch out they are due!
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

GBPmies wrote:
for trivia sake..
...What if I where tell you the Bears have only made the playoffs-
5 times in the last 20 years
Packers 15 times in 20 years.
Vikings 11 times in 20 years.
Lions 6 times in 20 years.
ohh my!
To be honest,thats more then i would have guessed. I do know they made the playoffs once in 6 years and made the SB in 06 vs INDY, so thats 2 times in 7 years,,so they still have 3 times in 14 years left i guess.
Laughing Bear Fan

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
There you have it. Agreed once agian. Don't forget Coughlin though, he win some good games.
Turn Head and Coughlin?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••