Cap space as of Friday
eric

Verona, WI

#1 Apr 29, 2013
Packers as of Friday is 13.23M according to an MJS article.
eric

Verona, WI

#2 Apr 29, 2013
SO with 5M going to 11 picks,where does the remaining 8M+ going to go?
Sam Shields
James Jones
BJ Raji
Ryan Pickett
all these guys and them some others will be FA after the 13 season
GBPmies

Finland

#3 Apr 30, 2013
eric wrote:
SO with 5M going to 11 picks,where does the remaining 8M+ going to go?
Sam Shields
James Jones
BJ Raji
Ryan Pickett
all these guys and them some others will be FA after the 13 season
Tough call eric, I think SS should get something and may not cost too much right now. BJ shold get something too, I know many don't think he is that good but I disagree I think does a lot on the line and most of it is overlooked because he doesn't have the stat line. Picket and JOnes might be after the season thing, Jones will want #1 WR money I think. If he has a great year he will demand a lot of dough. Pickett will probably be after the season, he is older and will probably sign for less and play a few more years. He has mentioned how he likes in GB so he may not want to move to a new team for 1 or 2 more years.

I think it is great we still have all that room to negotiate and sign more guys after the Rodgers and Matthews deals. From all the recent 'troll talk' everyone thought the Packers were screwed and would no longer be able to manager their cap. Guess they were wrong, again.
eric

Verona, WI

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Trust Russ Ball and Ted Thompson,they are not considered at the top of their craft for nothing,and, ( as mentioned before more then a few times) there are a few FA who im sure wont even be offered anything as there is a replacement for them on the team already and a vet or 2 who may lose their jobs ( replaced) by better talent and that will free up cash as well
eric

Verona, WI

#5 Apr 30, 2013
From what was printed,Raji came into the mini workout type sessions this past week badly out of shape and Pickett came in at his lowest weight hes been since he got to GB and last year,he had one of his best years,SO, it would not shock me to see Pickett get an offer for a bit less money, but for an extra 2 years so he can finish off his career in GB..The Packers also drafted or signed as a Street FA a pair of NT types, so i dont know if thats a sign,but,Raji coming into camp overweight ect cant make management happy(esp.in a contract year)
GBPmies

Finland

#6 Apr 30, 2013
eric wrote:
From what was printed,Raji came into the mini workout type sessions this past week badly out of shape and Pickett came in at his lowest weight hes been since he got to GB and last year,he had one of his best years,SO, it would not shock me to see Pickett get an offer for a bit less money, but for an extra 2 years so he can finish off his career in GB..The Packers also drafted or signed as a Street FA a pair of NT types, so i dont know if thats a sign,but,Raji coming into camp overweight ect cant make management happy(esp.in a contract year)
I think I also read they came in looking good too. Maybe that was from MM so I don't think he would mention them coming looking good if they were not.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#7 Apr 30, 2013
A true packer fan would have the team invest that in a Real boat ride, not the sissy stuff the Vikings did

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers open workouts with some new changes in ... 10 hr YouPhartz 6
This Packers QB gives me a boner. 19 hr Cheese farts 4 me 3
Will cheese make my poop viscous? 19 hr Cheese farts 4 me 2
News AJ Hawk to retire with the Green Bay Packers 19 hr Packers phart 4
News Austin Straubel, Packers join forces on branding Apr 13 Airport Phart 2
News Can Eddie Lacy Be the New 'Beast Mode' in Seattle? Apr 13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Cutler throws for 221 yards, Bears take advanta... (Sep '10) Mar '17 BearsPhart 296
More from around the web