5 Underrated Free Agents The Green Ba...

5 Underrated Free Agents The Green Bay Packers Should Target This Offseason

There are 1 comment on the Rant Sports story from Feb 7, 2014, titled 5 Underrated Free Agents The Green Bay Packers Should Target This Offseason. In it, Rant Sports reports that:

The Green Bay Packers must address several needs through both the draft and free agency in order to continue their dominance in the NFC North.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rant Sports.

normallylikeyell ow

Boalsburg, PA

#1 Feb 8, 2014
The very first one made me laugh, the guy is so misinformed. Nothing against Carpenter, but we just reno'd our kicker (who btw had a great season) to reduce his salary and now we're gonna spring on a FA kicker? Next Scheffler, who he immediately says has had 4 concussions, which is why we wouldn't be interested when we can resign Quarless for less and/or draft probably the 1st or 2nd best TE in the draft if we choose. Terrence Cody would remain in Baltimore if he wasn't out-of-shape and unmotivated. The evaluation is over with this guy. He's not worth it.
Now Jason Worilds I can get behind. I doubt the Packers will meet his price, which will be in $6 million-per range, based on the bargain basement way they've dealt with the position up to now. With Matthews making so much, you have to find trade-offs, perhaps to the team's detriment. That's another discussion.
Ryan Clark is too old for us. He'll 35 this coming season. I also think TT won't be comfortable with his marijauna statements. He's incredibly consistent but makes more sense for a team like NE, close to a championship, even though he can't play in Denver because of his sickle cell trait. Or more likely, Pittsburgh will retain him. He's coming off a $3.25 million-per deal and likely to get no more than that. If you draft and develop a new kid, he's a sturdy standby for the season or two needed to groom a replacement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who has the strongest QB arm in the NFL? WHo's... (Oct '06) Sep 16 Lifewinner 257
News Matthews, Peppers talk PEDs with NFL investigators Aug 29 y 2
News Packers' Matthews, Peppers face suspension Aug '16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Jordan Rodgers, Aaron's brother, debuts on 'The... May '16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Way-Too-Early Depth Chart for Packers May '16 Bleeds Purple 1
News Munn, Rodgers not engaged, she tells Instagram (Jan '16) Apr '16 gooseberry 3
News Jared Cook to Sign with Packers: Latest Contrac... Mar '16 Bleeds Purple 1
More from around the web