Michael, Williams shine in Seahawks' ...

Michael, Williams shine in Seahawks' 17-10 win over Packers

There are 8 comments on the The News Tribune story from Aug 23, 2013, titled Michael, Williams shine in Seahawks' 17-10 win over Packers. In it, The News Tribune reports that:

Christine Michael ran for 97 yards on 11 carries and Stephen Williams snatched a ball away from cornerback Loyce Means in the end zone for a 42-yard touchdown catch and the go-ahead score in the Seahawks' 17-10 preseason victory Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News Tribune.

40for60

Duluth, MN

#1 Aug 24, 2013
Packers can't run, or stop the run.
What else is new?
normallylikeyell ow

Philipsburg, PA

#2 Aug 24, 2013
Well you're right on the first count, 40. I've been saying this for weeks. It doesn't matter who's in the backfield if you can't block anybody. We stopped them fine with the 1st team defense. But the 2nd/3rd team? I'm not sure there were LBs actually in the game--? Every time Michael came through a (gaping) hole, there was nothing but some guy named Banjo waiting for him. dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-de e
40for60

Duluth, MN

#3 Aug 25, 2013
normallylikeyellow wrote:
Well you're right on the first count, 40. I've been saying this for weeks. It doesn't matter who's in the backfield if you can't block anybody. We stopped them fine with the 1st team defense. But the 2nd/3rd team? I'm not sure there were LBs actually in the game--? Every time Michael came through a (gaping) hole, there was nothing but some guy named Banjo waiting for him. dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-de e
Was he sitting on a bridge?
That has also been my major contention, without a good run blocking line, it won't matter who they put back there, he's going to find it hard sledding. I would surmise that TT will pick up an insurance LT/RT when the cuts commence, but you never know, TT is very frugal in the free agent market.
The D starters played well, Clay was a load, and the interior has some real bruisers. If the GB defense can play well on a consistent basis, Aaron's job gets that much easier.
That Seattle game was way more than bargained for as the tempers boiled over early, residuals of last year's meeting I'm sure.
We get 49'ers tonight, you get them first live when it starts counting. We'll both know more about our teams after those matchups.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Aug 25, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>

We get 49'ers tonight, you get them first live when it starts counting. We'll both know more about our teams after those matchups.
You were right. We know more about the Vikings. We know they still suck.
40for60

Duluth, MN

#5 Aug 27, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
You were right. We know more about the Vikings. We know they still suck.
You get your shot in a couple weeks, who you picking?
Mister Pack

United States

#6 Aug 27, 2013
Packers will be 0-3 going into the bye week.
GBPmies

Finland

#7 Aug 27, 2013
Mister Pack wrote:
Packers will be 0-3 going into the bye week.
That is complete awesomeness that you even take time out of your busy day licking windows to write such a master piece. Such a well thought out statement. It must have taken you the better part of preseason to come up with such a complex and insight post.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Aug 27, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
You get your shot in a couple weeks, who you picking?
October 27 is more than a couple weeks from now. Who are you picking?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This Packers QB gives me a boner. Apr 19 Samantha Davidson 1
News AJ Hawk to retire with the Green Bay Packers Apr 19 Retire Phartz 2
News Packers open workouts with some new changes in ... Apr 19 Open Phartz 2
News Austin Straubel, Packers join forces on branding Apr 13 Airport Phart 2
News Can Eddie Lacy Be the New 'Beast Mode' in Seattle? Apr 13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Cutler throws for 221 yards, Bears take advanta... (Sep '10) Mar '17 BearsPhart 296
News Packers pay almost $1.5 million to buy city pro... Mar '17 PackersPhartss 2
More from around the web