Thompson (Genius)
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eric

Verona, WI

#21 Apr 5, 2013
Reggie 0-0 wrote:
Hmnn just read about crabtree being ousted- not a good move at all.Finley stays gets his money but crabtree gets the boot?? Sorry but i'd rather have kept jennings and crabtree.Jennings is worth the big bucks over finley any day.Both players have injury problems(jennings, finley) but still if i had to bank on the better player- jennings wins hands down.Crabtree has what it takes to be an excellent TE and proved it with his time in GB. Spend big bucks on finley? Ted- you made a boo boo.
Im sorry my friend i have to go against you on this one!
We lost Jennings,we have Cobb,Jones,Nelson, and Boykins and Ross have potential and TT finds WRs in the mid rounds as proven
IF we lost Finley,we have Andrew Quarrless coming back from an injury,missed later 11 and all of 12
DJ Williams who has yet to step up Ryan Taylor who is only there for S.T. play
I like Crabtree and wished he could have stayed but 18 catches isnt a whole lot,we remember his 4th and 24 TD vs Chicago on a fake punt,but thats the highlight of his career and it wouldnt shock me if TB cut him at some point or he did alot of what he did in GB,block and play sparingly
GBPmies

Finland

#22 Apr 5, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Im sorry my friend i have to go against you on this one!
We lost Jennings,we have Cobb,Jones,Nelson, and Boykins and Ross have potential and TT finds WRs in the mid rounds as proven
IF we lost Finley,we have Andrew Quarrless coming back from an injury,missed later 11 and all of 12
DJ Williams who has yet to step up Ryan Taylor who is only there for S.T. play
I like Crabtree and wished he could have stayed but 18 catches isnt a whole lot,we remember his 4th and 24 TD vs Chicago on a fake punt,but thats the highlight of his career and it wouldnt shock me if TB cut him at some point or he did alot of what he did in GB,block and play sparingly
Hey eric, this is an interesting read about Finley and what he can/has done and other TEs in the draft. I have thought McDonald would be a good pick for a while now. But maybe the Pack take a TE early if they do not plan on keeping Finley long term.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/4/4181952/...
GBPmies

Finland

#23 Apr 6, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Simple
Favre (the lord himself) said after the Packers won the superbowl with AR and I quote "I'm surprised it took him so long to do this because the team was stacked when I left"
LBF you went comatose on me!

Well anyway I thought this would be interesting to put down since you quoted Favre I thought I would too...

This was after his big payday with the Pack

(THINGS CHANGE I GUESS!)(FOR BOTH SIDES)

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story...

Brett Favre, the only NFL player to win the MVP award three times, will finish his career with the Green Bay Packers.
"I do want to be a Packer for life," Favre said Friday from his home in Kiln, Miss., after the 31-year-old quarterback and the team announced a lifetime extension of his contract via teleconference.

"I couldn't envision myself playing with another team," Favre said. "Don't want to. If that was to ever come up, I probably would just retire. I've made enough money to where I don't need to jump ship and go somewhere else. It was just important to me to stay here."

Favre said that when he grew up, "you could almost name every player at every position for years on the same team, and that was your team. Nowadays, it's hard to say that. And I really feel like the Packers, more so than any team have made it a point to keep their players in house."

Times change huh?
eric

Verona, WI

#24 Apr 6, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey eric, this is an interesting read about Finley and what he can/has done and other TEs in the draft. I have thought McDonald would be a good pick for a while now. But maybe the Pack take a TE early if they do not plan on keeping Finley long term.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/4/4181952/...
For whatever reason,your link never came up,but, i can see TT taking a TE early.I dont see really anyway they can keep Finley Long Term.I really Hope DJ Williams comes through and improves a big margin this year and Quarless proves healthy from an injury that kept him out all last year,those 2 scenario would ( i would think) pave the road for Finley leaving.They also had a TE during Camp named Brandon Bostic who made the practice squad and i really like the way he played in preseason and hope he gets a shot at it as well.THing is, there should be at least 1 of the big TE,Im hoping Eric Reid ( safety LSU) and a few others on the board when GB gets to pick,so i guess it depends on who TT wants to resign,who will be a FA ( who they dont think they can resign) or what position they fell is more needing of a higher draft pick.Draft is under 3 weeks from now,so for some reason,its moving along alot faster this year then most which is cool..I hate that stretch between The SB and NFL Draft.I would really like the early part of FAcy if Ted signed anyone,TT doesnt sign really anyone until after the draft but at least MLB breaks it up early April as well,so thats a plus.
Reggie 0-0

Deer Park, NY

#25 Apr 7, 2013
That is the key question- quarless being healthy this year.Crabtree was a strong TE that was healthy can block and catch the ball well. Green Bays mistake was not using him much.Crabtree if given more playing time,would have had very good numbers.
I was never a quarless fan and just dont think his body strength is tough enough to stay healthy.He reminds me too much of frank zombo another player whos body cant take the punishment.
As for greg jennings i know cobb, jones, nelson etc.. are all fine wr's but jennings was like a donald driver type (exceptional). Jennings still has some good years left and just having him on our side with cobb, jones etc.. makes the wr's core that more lethal.Losing finley wouldnt have hurt us at all remember we won the super bowl without him!Maybe i'm in the minority about all of this but that's what this forum is about = opinions!
eric

Verona, WI

#26 Apr 8, 2013
We did win a SB w.o. Finley but we had a healthy Quarless and hes coming off an injury,so i can see why TT decided to keep him around. Hope Brandon Bostic kicks during camp and we can find a TE in the draft,then Quarless can be cut or traded,Finley can walk after the 13 season.I like Quarless though to a point
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#27 Apr 12, 2013
eric wrote:
We did win a SB w.o. Finley but we had a healthy Quarless and hes coming off an injury,so i can see why TT decided to keep him around. Hope Brandon Bostic kicks during camp and we can find a TE in the draft,then Quarless can be cut or traded,Finley can walk after the 13 season.I like Quarless though to a point
I know how frustrating Finley has been, but lets see how this season pans out before ousting him. I think maturity has been a problem and i see him being the most dangerous weapon this year now that Jennings is gone. I expect(if healthy) Finley becomes Rodgers go to guy and has a great year...its a contract year also, that always helps. I can see Finley being a staple in this offense for many years. He is just a plain and simple match up nightmare and helps the entire offense just being on the field.
eric

Verona, WI

#28 Apr 13, 2013
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>I know how frustrating Finley has been, but lets see how this season pans out before ousting him. I think maturity has been a problem and i see him being the most dangerous weapon this year now that Jennings is gone. I expect(if healthy) Finley becomes Rodgers go to guy and has a great year...its a contract year also, that always helps. I can see Finley being a staple in this offense for many years. He is just a plain and simple match up nightmare and helps the entire offense just being on the field.
THing is he will want WR money again and TT wont pay it,( if GB can afford t to start with).Im just concerned,yes,its a contract year,SO after he kicks ass and gets 10M per,does he go back to old J.F.?
IF he matures,theres hope but a great year,prob. puts him out of price range ( although the big deals are going now,which can work in the long run,as Ted doesnt mortgage the future).
Mister Pack

Rochester, MN

#29 Apr 16, 2013
Rodgers is on the doorstep of 30 years old, getting old in NFL years. If you want to see how close TT has to the Super Bowl just watch the playoffs from the last two years...not even close.
GBPmies

Finland

#30 Apr 16, 2013
Mister Pack wrote:
Rodgers is on the doorstep of 30 years old, getting old in NFL years. If you want to see how close TT has to the Super Bowl just watch the playoffs from the last two years...not even close.
-closer than the rest of the NFC North
-closer than 24 other teams.

As long as team can consistently get into the playoffs they have a shot at the Super Bowl, you can't win it every year... teams get hot at the right time, a bit of luck or lack there of here and there, teams have injuries, lost home field advantage because of the ‘Fail Mary’, ect ect.

I think the Packers have had enough talent to win the Super Bowl the last few years, just didn't happen for several reasons, but that doesn't mean they were not close.
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#31 Apr 18, 2013
Literally getting run over by the 49'ers WAS NOT CLOSE
GBPmies

Finland

#32 Apr 18, 2013
I remember when the bears actually did get 'close'.

They even made it to the NFC Championship Game!

Oh what a great day for the Bears!!!

So Close. yet so...

.... Green Bay Packers World Championship Season

since then the Bears have been real close to 2nd in the NFC N back to back but have only managed 3rd ;(

how sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Green Bay fanatic marries woman named Marie Pac... Wed Named phart 2
DMW Properties - Colleen Wallin (Jan '08) Wed JRs 60
News Plenty of cap room again when Rodgers negotiati... Jun 9 Plenty phartz 2
News Eddie Lacy continuing to fight battle of the bulge May '17 Continuing phart 2
News Eddie Lacy had a garage sale for Packers fans, ... May '17 Laughing Bear Fan 1
2017 schedule breakdown with predictions May '17 dcanddinky 1
News Packers open workouts with some new changes in ... Apr '17 YouPhartz 6
More from around the web