Thompson (Genius)
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ross

West Salem, WI

#1 Mar 26, 2013
I nominate TT for the genius of the year award.
What a brilliant move!! Send Tom Crabtree, our one sure-handed TE who blocks well and can hold onto a deep pass, packing to Tampa. I give TT immense credit for sticking to his guns and not paying Crabtree a penny over the league minimum (sarcasm). You are the man, Ted!!
Then he keeps Finley costing him almost 9 mil. A TE who can't hold onto the ball, attitude problems and vocally spoke out about Rodgers!
With that 9 mil and only 1 mil more, he could have franchised Jennings. Then we would have had two very nice options. Either keep one of the best WR's in the NFL or trade him for a good player or draft pick to help the team. BUT NO!!
It's probably just me, but all you TT lovers deserve to have him and deserve to have a losing team, plain & simple just like you!
man overboard

Seattle, WA

#2 Mar 26, 2013
i could not agree more. thompson is a narrow minded fool. hopefully he will move on before he ruins one of the finest franchises in pro football
normanmack

Sunflower, MS

#3 Mar 26, 2013
man overboard wrote:
i could not agree more. thompson is a narrow minded fool. hopefully he will move on before he ruins one of the finest franchises in pro football
the same thing i been saying he is messing the team all these short light weight low round draft picks a 3 4 defense needs taller larger player
GBPmies

Finland

#4 Mar 26, 2013
From a lowly ’TT lover’--- not self-proclaimed by I am sure I will hear it.

Past four years have not been so horrible.
47-17 regular season
6- 3 playoffs
4 straight playoff appearances (5 of last 6)
Back NFC North Champs 2011 and 2012
1 NFL Championship

I hardly see it time to run TT out of town, considering he is one of the most respected GMs in the NFL and I have not seen any alternatives presented. So who should replace TT and how do we know they will be better?
eric

Vesper, WI

#5 Mar 26, 2013
But of course if TT spent on a FA and couldnt sign AR or Clay Mathews we would hear how stupid Ted is.
His record speaks for itself as TT is reguarded ( and rightfully so)and respected as one of the best GMs in the game.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#6 Mar 28, 2013
eric wrote:
But of course if TT spent on a FA and couldnt sign AR or Clay Mathews we would hear how stupid Ted is.
His record speaks for itself as TT is reguarded ( and rightfully so)and respected as one of the best GMs in the game.
When he was brought in a lot of pieces were already in place. He scrounged up a few WR's that put them over the top and AR blossomed. The biggest change is the sequential nature of the QB's, out with the INT chuckin, "the game's all about me, DIVA" Favre and on to AR. The true measure of TT's worth will be what kind of shape the team is in in 2 years personnel-wise and financially
eric

Vesper, WI

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Actually, TT first year as GM GB had over 30 rookies and 2nd year players.When they won the SB in 10 very few players were not Ted Thompson players.GB lost Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle ( pro bowl guards) being over the cap and TT basically tore down the team
I do agree at QB, you cant get much better then AR.Thinking on it,Donald Driver ( i believe,i could be wrong but) was the only guy on the SB 2010 roster who wasnt drafted or signed by Ted Thompson.
eric

Vesper, WI

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Within 5 Minutes of getting off the computer to get stuff done,i remembered Chad Clifton was on the SB team in 10..
SO, Donald Driver and Chad Clifton are the only guys i can think of that were left over from Mike Sherman.TT either signed them as UFA,FA or drafted them
GREEN and Mold

Lake In The Hills, IL

#9 Mar 28, 2013
eric wrote:
I hear they are going to pay Rodgers to make him the most expensive player in the league. Did you see what that did to the ravens? ooocchhh!
eric

Vesper, WI

#10 Mar 28, 2013
and they are paying Mathews too! DOUBLE OUCH!
eric

Vesper, WI

#11 Mar 28, 2013
It could be ( according to the MJS writer) could be today,tomarrow,next week or next month but both deals will be done.
From what ive read and or heard Rodgers will get around 24M per and his cap number will be 15M or so and GB usually front loads,as Ted doesnt like to back load deals or push big caps into the future.
NOW THE GOOD NEWS.
AR gets signed Long Term
Finley is DONE in GB after next year saves 8.5M
Tramon WIlliams( is prob.) done after next year saves 8.5M
GB signed a kicker ( so lets hope) Crosby is out saves 2.5M or so by end of camp ( this year) and after next year,since Boykins and Ross are in GB,,that should mean Nelson or Jones are gone as well saving 3-4M per and GB has guys to back up these guys and we wont lose anything and may even improve.
GBPmies

Finland

#12 Apr 3, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>When he was brought in a lot of pieces were already in place. He scrounged up a few WR's that put them over the top and AR blossomed. The biggest change is the sequential nature of the QB's, out with the INT chuckin, "the game's all about me, DIVA" Favre and on to AR. The true measure of TT's worth will be what kind of shape the team is in in 2 years personnel-wise and financially
I was hoping to hear your reply to eric's very good comments about this post above... got anything? Or were just LBFing with this bs?

Could you please share with the rest of the class what "pieces were in place for TT" for the Super Bowl team LBF?
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 4, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I was hoping to hear your reply to eric's very good comments about this post above... got anything? Or were just LBFing with this bs?
Could you please share with the rest of the class what "pieces were in place for TT" for the Super Bowl team LBF?
Simple
Favre (the lord himself) said after the Packers won the superbowl with AR and I quote "I'm surprised it took him so long to do this because the team was stacked when I left"
GBPmies

Finland

#14 Apr 4, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Simple
Favre (the lord himself) said after the Packers won the superbowl with AR and I quote "I'm surprised it took him so long to do this because the team was stacked when I left"
Simple
TT took over the Pack in 2005
Favre left in 2008

and I quote your quote
"Favre (the lord himself) said after the Packers won the superbowl with AR and I quote "I'm surprised it took him so long to do this because the team was stacked when I left"

I thought you wanted to try and make a point about the statement you made about the team being "stacked" when TT took over in 2005. I guess not then.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#15 Apr 4, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple
TT took over the Pack in 2005
Favre left in 2008
and I quote your quote
"Favre (the lord himself) said after the Packers won the superbowl with AR and I quote "I'm surprised it took him so long to do this because the team was stacked when I left"
I thought you wanted to try and make a point about the statement you made about the team being "stacked" when TT took over in 2005. I guess not then.
Thats right..I forgot He turned the entire f'n roster over. Canton make way
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#16 Apr 4, 2013
Watch the P enious let every free agent go in hopes he can scrape enough cap space together to over-pay Gay Rog
GBPmies

Finland

#17 Apr 4, 2013
So then this statement was just BSing then.

"When he was brought in a lot of pieces were already in place."

No need to get all worked up about, i was just asking and having some fun ;)
Reggie 0-0

Garden City, NY

#18 Apr 4, 2013
Hmnn just read about crabtree being ousted- not a good move at all.Finley stays gets his money but crabtree gets the boot?? Sorry but i'd rather have kept jennings and crabtree.Jennings is worth the big bucks over finley any day.Both players have injury problems(jennings, finley) but still if i had to bank on the better player- jennings wins hands down.Crabtree has what it takes to be an excellent TE and proved it with his time in GB. Spend big bucks on finley? Ted- you made a boo boo.
normallylikeyell ow

Hollidaysburg, PA

#19 Apr 4, 2013
Dude, we just signed the fastest corner in Canadian football! Give the man some credit.
GBPmies

Finland

#20 Apr 5, 2013
I must have missed something with Crabtree, I thought he was just ok but I never saw much talent in the passing game. He had a couple nice plays here and there but nothing I saw to think he had what it takes to be an excellent TE-- 18 rec, 303 yrds, 4 tds in 3 seasons doesn't pump me up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers 'shareholders' want Super Bowl at Lambe... Aug 20 Then pharts 4
News Packers preseason 2017: QB battle more signific... Aug 20 Getting pharts 2
News Eddie Lacy had a garage sale for Packers fans, ... Aug 20 We dont crack Bit... 2
News Green Bay Packers: Dom Capers' last stand Jul 28 GreenPharts 2
News Packers Fans Excited on First Day of Training C... Jul 28 ExcitedPharts 2
News Lance Kendricks learning Aaron Rodgers' game Jul 26 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Green Bay Packers News: Who will become surpris... Jul '17 Will phart 2
More from around the web