Rodgers tired of Favre references

Jan 30, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SI.com

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is hanging out in Tampa and stopped by the show.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2009
GBF

United States

#1 Jan 31, 2009
Good i am glad he's tired of it. Why didn't he stay off media row then? Not only that he needed some of GB's PR guys with him . I am begining to think he is a real dope. Everyone said Favre should just shut up. what about AR he has done ?nothing yet .Those are the guys that should keep their mouths shut.And i do think he will be just fine as a QB but why start all of this by going to media row at Tampa. Everyone complains whe guys do that so lets hear it now too. His comments are even bad with the PR help. Get on board or shut up real smart buddy.
Scipio

United States

#2 Jan 31, 2009
Packer fans hated Favrewhen he first started playing, and they all pined for the return of their Majik man. A few years later, he is a football god in the land of cheese. They loved Majik, Randy Wright was the next "Bart Starr", Lynn Dickey will lead us to the promised land! The fact that they are talking up Rodgers makes it look like he is doomed!

Majik was forgotten as soon as Farve came in and beat Cincy in his first game on a long last second pass. He was out of Green Bay the following season and no one noticed.

Rodgers is not bad but he is not that good. He holds onto the ball too long and takes too many sacks. He doesn't throw too many interceptions but did not make a game-breaking plays either. The Pack would be up by 7 to 10 points and Rodgers would go into game manager mode. Farve went for the jugular. Yeah Rodgers had less Ints but he also had fewer wins and he was on a more talented team.

And for you Farve bashers, the Jets would not have done as well with Chad P. as they did with Farve. Heck most of the Dolphins big plays occurred when Chad P. was at WR in the wildcat. I think we saw in the Dolphins last game what happens when a team relies on him solely to make plays.

Like I said Rodgers and the Pack could be good, but the D better get better quick. If he is asked to manage the game he will manage the game.

However, Rodgers at this point and maybe never will be able to carry a team like Farve. Anybody who doubts the greatness of Favre just go back to the game-tape last year he carried the team through the first 8 games. No back, same O-line as this year (just younger) and he had the Pack rolling.

I will give Rodgers, Thompson, and McCarthy a mulligan this year. But anything less than 9-7 / 10-6 and I will be calling for all their heads for blowing off Farve. I don't care how good Rodgers stats are I care about the Ws.
gbr

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2009
Tired of hearing about Aaron R. Say what you want,but Favre is a better commander on the field. MM &TT are not anything.Mike's win /loss
colum isn't looking so good after one season of Rogers. Shermans last season with Ted in charge gave GB it first losing season and Mikes losing
season of 2008. Rogers must have bought his SB tickets early.Only way he would get there.

“It's an oversized hat.. funny”

Since: Mar 07

Marquette MI

#4 Feb 15, 2009
Scipio wrote:
Packer fans hated Favrewhen he first started playing, and they all pined for the return of their Majik man. A few years later, he is a football god in the land of cheese. They loved Majik, Randy Wright was the next "Bart Starr", Lynn Dickey will lead us to the promised land! The fact that they are talking up Rodgers makes it look like he is doomed!
Majik was forgotten as soon as Farve came in and beat Cincy in his first game on a long last second pass. He was out of Green Bay the following season and no one noticed.
Rodgers is not bad but he is not that good. He holds. onto the ball too long and takes too many sacks. He doesn't throw too many interceptions but did not make a game-breaking plays either. The Pack would be up by 7 to 10 points and Rodgers would go into game manager mode. Farve went for the jugular. Yeah Rodgers had less Ints but he also had fewer wins and he was on a more talented team.
And for you Farve bashers, the Jets would not have done as well with Chad P. as they did with Farve. Heck most of the Dolphins big plays occurred when Chad P. was at WR in the wildcat. I think we saw in the Dolphins last game what happens when a team relies on him solely to make plays.
Like I said Rodgers and the Pack could be good, but the D better get better quick. If he is asked to manage the game he will manage the game.
However, Rodgers at this point and maybe never will be able to carry a team like Farve. Anybody who doubts the greatness of Favre just go back to the game-tape last year he carried the team through the first 8 games. No back, same O-line as this year (just younger) and he had the Pack rolling.
I will give Rodgers, Thompson, and McCarthy a mulligan this year. But anything less than 9-7 / 10-6 and I will be calling for all their heads for blowing off Farve. I don't care how good Rodgers stats are I care about the Ws.
Well said
Dewy

United States

#5 Feb 16, 2009
Just got back from vacation. Went to the GB press gazett site .The people on there blog are going nuts-o with the AR and TT gay stuff . Did i miss somthing?
eric

Poseyville, IN

#6 Feb 16, 2009
Nothing that i know of,but,who knows anymore
Dewy

United States

#7 Feb 17, 2009
I know before I went the rumor was out there about both. But one of the comments on the blog was something about a comment Favre made about a F** running the team when Ted got hired and that got back to him somehow. And Rodgers living with his trainer. To me I dont care. They were also ripping Rodger about going to media row at the super bowl. Most think that was just self serving to get more media. Wish they the media could just leave it alone. But if the rumor is found to be true it could mean bigger problems for the team. But untill or if it is IMO leave it alone.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#8 Feb 17, 2009
im sure theres a few gay;s in the NFL.Me personally,i could care less.Im thinking if Favre said something about a F(( running the team when Ted got hired,im sure ESPN or some outlet would have let that one fly and we would have really heard a ton of shit from both sides.
I agree, it should be left alone until it pretains to his performence on the field
Dewy

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2009
some will not let it die just like some every time Favre's name is said must comment to the good or bad. Its time to leave it die . The media is the biggest problem. GB press gazzett even finds a story out of an Atlanta paper that bashed Favre . They just keep digging and that stuff does not matter. At least to me it doesn't. They have all become nothing but trashy tabloids .
eric

Poseyville, IN

#10 Feb 18, 2009
Yes i was one,i don't like BF and i didn't let it go!(although i appreciated his time here and was critical at times as you well know)I just didn't buy the routine he was putting forward,and he coming out of retirement to stick it to TT was what i was saying,but, TT did his wrong as well, so bring on the Freeagentcy period,Draft,minicamp,ex. games and the 2010 season!

good hearing from you Dewy,and i hope you had a great vacation! and may TT have a great draft pick as we really need it!

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#11 Feb 18, 2009
Rodgers will never be able to fill the Brettsters shoes...face it..he sucks
Dewy

United States

#12 Feb 18, 2009
Thanks Eric. With a few new guys and some of the vets. stepping it up GB will be back. IMO the vets. are the ones that better get going and lead. The all seemed dead at times. But i guess when things go bad that happens. Not to start anything but people jumped on Favre for some statements, but Rodgers has made a few dumb ones too. get on board or shut this to the fans, working on my tan. must have got that get on board stuff from TT and MM ha ha ha. have a great day people.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#13 Feb 18, 2009
thats true as well.Maybe because i like AR i will pass it,but,AR is young and BF is a vet,so people expect more from BF.AR will learn,don't forget, it was AR first year in the spot light and taking over for BF is tough enough.
AR has to be mentally tougher and i think he will and this year hed better show that toughness mentally.Last year,his first year as a starter so i gave him a pass,this is his 2nd,so experience must have taught him something so he is a better qb this year or the lack of progression will be a cause for concern.
as for the vets you are right! BUT I wonder how many of our vets on the team last year will be here this year!
Ryan Pickett,can he take up a few blockers and hold his own,so the linebackers can do thier thing?
Cullen Jenkins as an end has to be healed and ready to go.
Colin Cole is a FA and doesnt hold his blocks as well which is a must in the 3-4 so who knows if he will be back.
Al Harris,is he a blitzing corner if they chose to do so?
With charles Woodson and T. WIlliams at the corners,and a healthy Bigby and Collins at the safeties, and Wil Blackmon, back there as well,i wonder if they will unload Al Harris for a decent pick or a d lineman,because we shouldnt hold our breathe that Ted will sign a big FA to big money.Charles Woodson was his first and prob his last.Sure hes signed some FA,but, im talking a Julius Peppers,Albert Hainsworth big player type,or a Randy Moss type FA not a tier 2 or 3 for depth.
Ted doesnt think 30 mil under is enough i guess.
there wont be a cap in 2010 and prob a strike in 2011 or 2012 depending whent he contract ends.but.if it isnt for a selary cap the Packers woould never be able to compete with signing bonuses and huge saleries ect with the revenue Lambeau field generates,so maybe we can be the next
Arizona cardinals
atlanta falcons
Miami dolphins
sucks one year and playoffs the next and i can say we were alot better then a 6-10 record and a better team then Arz.Atl. or Mia were a few years ago before this last year of a major jump.It doesnt take many stars to win,just players who are on the same page,will play together and are after the same goal!
aritie

Janesville, WI

#14 Mar 17, 2009
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
it seems to me that rodgers flat out outperformed favre in every major passing catagory last year. and rodgers did it without any running game to speak of, an offensive line that is worse than the jets, and a bad defense. all favre did when the jets really needed to win at the end of the season is throw interceptions.
jeremy

Barney, ND

#15 Mar 18, 2009
GBF wrote:
Good i am glad he's tired of it. Why didn't he stay off media row then? Not only that he needed some of GB's PR guys with him . I am begining to think he is a real dope. Everyone said Favre should just shut up. what about AR he has done ?nothing yet .Those are the guys that should keep their mouths shut.And i do think he will be just fine as a QB but why start all of this by going to media row at Tampa. Everyone complains whe guys do that so lets hear it now too. His comments are even bad with the PR help. Get on board or shut up real smart buddy.
c'mon give the kid a break, i think we all agree he did pretty damn good considering the pressure he was under not only by rabid packers fans but also the media, i was pulling for him all season and he did good, just think, we could be the vikings and have tarvaris jackson and sage rosenfels on our team or maybe kyle orton lol! lol! lol!!!If we don't win the division next year i will be very surprised and obviously disappointed but we are VERY good at QB position.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Mar 23, 2009
Dewy wrote:
Just got back from vacation. Went to the GB press gazett site .The people on there blog are going nuts-o with the AR and TT gay stuff . Did i miss somthing?
It shouldn't matter who or what TT sticks in his mouth or butt. I don't believe it has any direct effect on his job performance. Ted cannot help it. He was born that way. Nothing anyone does is going to "turn" him into a good GM. Besides, I am sure he would be just as crappy a GM even if he was straight.

It is aweful that anyone would spread such slanderous rumors. I'm sure gays everywhere take great offense to Ted Thompson being gay. They understandably must be horified that all gays will be thought to be incompetent losers like Ted. I think he owes gays an apology.

Personally, I haven't heard any of these rumors. But I am curious. Just how gay is he?
Erik

Ponca City, OK

#18 Apr 2, 2009
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
I'm sorry but you can't honetly think that AR sucks.
He has huge shoes to fill wich he may never do, but he deffinatly will be a great NFL QB.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Packers' Eddie Lacy lead NFL in rushing? Fri eric 6
Will Green Bay Packers' B.J. Raji be missed? Fri Say Cheese 2
Forbes: Green Bay Packers fans are the best Fri Spielman 24
Packers' Boykin making noise with his play Aug 27 Spielman 1
7 reasons Denver Broncos fans are really the 'b... Aug 25 Flatulence Fred 4
BJ Raji Aug 24 eric 3
Packers' smaller defensive line holding up agai... Aug 20 VikesFan 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000