End of game fiasco
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
packer backer wichita ks

Wichita, KS

#1 Sep 24, 2012
To a lot of you folks who are not Packer fans this will sound like sour grapes. So be it. These officials have done what I didn"t think could happen, cost a team a game. Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden and the ex-NFL official Gerry Austin agreed that there were 2 horrific calls that cost the Packers the game. In almost 47 years of watching the NFL I have never seen a team "jobbed" like the Packers were. That was a direct quote "jobbed" used by the ESPN announcers! Granted, the Packers did nothing in the 1st half but to take a game where both defenses controlled it and to let below par officiating determine the outcome is a big black eye for the NFL. Roger Goodell and the NFL must come to terms with regular NFL officials or this league is going to become a joke. Will this ruin the Packers' season? I would hate to be the commissioner of the NFL and the management of the NFL and look back at this game or any other game where the officials determine the outcome of the game because of their lack of experience and inability to call a game. Any football fan, even those of the Bears, Vikings or Lions saw what happened tonight and know that this is wrong. As a fan of the Packers and of the NFL when league officials look at tapes of this game get your s*** together and get the regular officials back on the field before this situation happens again.
answerman

Neenah, WI

#2 Sep 24, 2012
As a part owner of the Packers, I am not allowed to complain about the officiating, lest I be fined. You can all complain for me though.
lakerfan

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Sep 24, 2012
packer backer wichita ks wrote:
To a lot of you folks who are not Packer fans this will sound like sour grapes. So be it. These officials have done what I didn"t think could happen, cost a team a game. Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden and the ex-NFL official Gerry Austin agreed that there were 2 horrific calls that cost the Packers the game. In almost 47 years of watching the NFL I have never seen a team "jobbed" like the Packers were. That was a direct quote "jobbed" used by the ESPN announcers! Granted, the Packers did nothing in the 1st half but to take a game where both defenses controlled it and to let below par officiating determine the outcome is a big black eye for the NFL. Roger Goodell and the NFL must come to terms with regular NFL officials or this league is going to become a joke. Will this ruin the Packers' season? I would hate to be the commissioner of the NFL and the management of the NFL and look back at this game or any other game where the officials determine the outcome of the game because of their lack of experience and inability to call a game. Any football fan, even those of the Bears, Vikings or Lions saw what happened tonight and know that this is wrong. As a fan of the Packers and of the NFL when league officials look at tapes of this game get your s*** together and get the regular officials back on the field before this situation happens again.
Totally agree. That was bullsh!t.
lakerfan

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Just to clarify... the officiating was bullsh!t, not packerbacker's post.
eric

Arpin, WI

#5 Sep 24, 2012
Terrible..Now,lets get ready for NewOrleans next week and even up the record at 2-2.Ill say this.if the refs dont comeback,at least break up this particular crew,they dont work well together.
Roughing the passer on the INT at Seattle 20 yard line which was a terrible call..
The PI on GB at teh end was an Offensive PI on Seattle setting up the last play
and
the Refs not only missed the offensive PI on that last play..but.give Seattle a TD on an obvious INT and gave Seattle the win,that was the game that the refs cost a team and that may have just forced the hand of the NFL to get the officials back to work before the refs cost another team the game like they did to GB tonight and ruin the integrity of the game.
Reggie1-2

Glen Head, NY

#6 Sep 24, 2012
Yeah you can say GB played like hell and maybe if they played better and scored more points this last play wouldnt have mattered as much BUT- the play was sooooo obvious jennings had it held against his chest possessed it that i dont care if we were ahead 20 points i for one would still complain about it.
Since it cost us the game and now we are 1-2 which clearly should be 2-1 , this cannot be just say ohhhh lets forget about it and move on.
yes gb have to compose themselves and in a short time get ready for the saints but if i was every player and there coaches plus management , i would PROTEST this disaster to the fullest.
I say as fans and even if your not but thought that this was a disaster of a call- do everything in your power to let the NFL know- this is the last straw- Get these clowns refs the hell outta here.
eric

Arpin, WI

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Think what can happen.What happens if GB misses the playoffs by 1 game,or Seattle wins the division by 1 game ( over SF lets say,SF can beat them 2 but if Sea. is 12-4 SF 11-5,,SF can look at this game and the extra Seattle win) or GB may beat CHI 2 and if CHI finished 12-4 GB 11-5 for example,that GB loss may cost them.
YEA if they played better earlier GB may have won BUT,if the call was made correctly GB won that game anyway..IF THE Offensive PI was called on Rice ( pushing Sam Shields from Behind on that play) the play was over before anyone caught the ball to start with.Bottom line GB won that game and who knows how much ( if at all) it will effect many teams.
DA BEARS FAN

Lake In The Hills, IL

#8 Sep 25, 2012
eric wrote:
Think what can happen.What happens if GB misses the playoffs by 1 game,or Seattle wins the division by 1 game ( over SF lets say,SF can beat them 2 but if Sea. is 12-4 SF 11-5,,SF can look at this game and the extra Seattle win) or GB may beat CHI 2 and if CHI finished 12-4 GB 11-5 for example,that GB loss may cost them.
YEA if they played better earlier GB may have won BUT,if the call was made correctly GB won that game anyway..IF THE Offensive PI was called on Rice ( pushing Sam Shields from Behind on that play) the play was over before anyone caught the ball to start with.Bottom line GB won that game and who knows how much ( if at all) it will effect many teams.
GB's scoring drive was kept alive by a bad call. You can't have it both ways.
DA BEARS FAN

Lake In The Hills, IL

#9 Sep 25, 2012
eric wrote:
Packers are the lowest scoring team in the division. Several scores GB had this season were helped out by refs, can't have it both ways.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Sep 25, 2012
packer backer wichita ks wrote:
To a lot of you folks who are not Packer fans this will sound like sour grapes. So be it. These officials have done what I didn"t think could happen, cost a team a game.
Why didn't you think it could happen? I knew it would happen. In fact, I knew players would also get injured because of the poor officiating. I believe Heayward-Bey's injury was due, at least in part, to the poor and inconsistent officiating. Other games have had the outcome affected by the poor officiating. This is just the game in which the evidence of it changing the outcome is the clearest. The integrity of the game has been destroyed through the first 3 weeks, not just this game. It will continue to be destroyed as long as these refs are allowed to officiate the games. It was Green Bay screwed this time, but it has been other teams in past games and it will be other teams in future games.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Sep 25, 2012
answerman wrote:
As a part owner of the Packers, I am not allowed to complain about the officiating, lest I be fined. You can all complain for me though.
That's funny! I think the NFL has more than enough bad press to deal with right now. I don't think they will add to it by imposing a fine on you or any Packer shareholder. Feel free to complain. However, I don't want the focus to be solely on the Seattle/Green Bay game. The problem is league wide. Complaining about or even fixing the outcome of last night's game DOESN'T fix the underlying problem!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Sep 25, 2012
DA BEARS FAN wrote:
<quoted text> Packers are the lowest scoring team in the division. Several scores GB had this season were helped out by refs, can't have it both ways.
If your point is that the replacement refs suck, I agree completely. If you are simply being a typical whiny jealous Bear fan, then I look forward to the game that the replacement refs take from the Bears!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Sep 25, 2012
DA BEARS FAN wrote:
<quoted text> GB's scoring drive was kept alive by a bad call. You can't have it both ways.
And ALL of the Seahawk scoring drives were kept alive by bad calls. The last drive alone required multiple bad calls. You can't have it both ways.
eric

Arpin, WI

#14 Sep 25, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
And ALL of the Seahawk scoring drives were kept alive by bad calls. The last drive alone required multiple bad calls. You can't have it both ways.
Exactly! 1st and 30 and a bs roughing the qb call wipes out what may have been a game clinching drive.
The last play not only did they give a GB INT and turn it into a Seattle TD,but, didnt call the Offensive PI when Rice pushed Shields down before jumping after the ball.SO actually thats 3 bad or missed calls on the last drive or 2.
great news

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Sep 25, 2012
Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Mark Chmura has been chosen for the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, according to Jason Wilde at ESPN Milwaukee. We think that’s awesome because Chmura pretty much likes the same things we like – football, booze, young girls… well, we don’t like them that young.

listen to this bla bla

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 25, 2012
it is called a game - the sooner that the meat packer realize this the better. remember it is a GAME nothing more. get a life !
eric wrote:
kim duk soon

Cazenovia, WI

#17 Sep 25, 2012
It was the right call, they caught the ball similtamlisly and niether gave up control of the ball, by rule the possesion goe's to the offense.

-

Good call by the offical.

excuse Grammar, I hate english
kim duk soon

Cazenovia, WI

#18 Sep 25, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
It about time the packers eat a few bad calls, The ref's always favor them.
Seems they big crybaby when call goe's the other way.
eric

Arpin, WI

#19 Sep 25, 2012
DA BEARS FAN wrote:
<quoted text> Packers are the lowest scoring team in the division. Several scores GB had this season were helped out by refs, can't have it both ways.
But at least GB beat Chicago to the point,the overated Whinner made a public fool of himself shouldering his LT and like Primies said,he will come back in another form.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#20 Sep 25, 2012
kim duk soon wrote:
<quoted text>It about time the packers eat a few bad calls, The ref's always favor them.
Seems they big crybaby when call goe's the other way.
The refs always favor them? You just proved that you are an idiot and/or a foolish liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jordan Rodgers, Aaron's brother, debuts on 'The... May 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Way-Too-Early Depth Chart for Packers May 3 Bleeds Purple 1
News Munn, Rodgers not engaged, she tells Instagram Apr '16 gooseberry 3
News Jared Cook to Sign with Packers: Latest Contrac... Mar '16 Bleeds Purple 1
What The F#*! Is The Packers Problem? Mar '16 Fart news 11
News Report: Packers want Eddie Lacy to lose a stunn... Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Starr's wife: QB's back issues from Bama hazing Mar '16 Fart news 2
More from around the web