Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I...

Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going to be ready'

There are 48 comments on the TwinCities story from May 2, 2013, titled Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going to be ready'. In it, TwinCities reports that:

The real risk is doing nothing. And the Green Bay Packers have lived that risk. Last season was a carousel of injuries, second-guessing, scrambling and more injuries at running back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GBPmies

Finland

#41 May 7, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Im not sayin that>What Im saying is you only have three experinced instead the 5-6 you used to.
I thought what you were saying was Rodgers production already dropped off last year without Jennings playing as much.
GBPmies

Finland

#42 May 7, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always been a team game and it always will be. That is why QBs like Doug Williams, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings while Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly and many other great QBs have no championship rings.
Hey GBP welcome back and I hope everything went fine with your situation back in WI, I see you are back in CO and I hope everything is all good. As you can see nothing changes around here, Packer envy is still going strong.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#43 May 7, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Im not sayin that>What Im saying is you only have three experinced instead the 5-6 you used to.
What you are saying is that the Packers lost Jennings, who missed a fair amount of playing time, and Donald Driver who barely played last season. You can keep wishing for the Packers to get worse. I don't blame you. Since the Vikings aren't likely to improve much, your only hope for the Vikings to win the division is for the Packers to faulter. Just remember that when you wish in one hand and crap in the other, we all know which hand will get filled first. Perhaps the Viking management will learn one day that building a winner takes more than hoping for other teams to do worse.
GBPmies

Pori, Finland

#44 May 7, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is that the Packers lost Jennings, who missed a fair amount of playing time, and Donald Driver who barely played last season. You can keep wishing for the Packers to get worse. I don't blame you. Since the Vikings aren't likely to improve much, your only hope for the Vikings to win the division is for the Packers to faulter. Just remember that when you wish in one hand and crap in the other, we all know which hand will get filled first. Perhaps the Viking management will learn one day that building a winner takes more than hoping for other teams to do worse.
Thats good stuff right there! Very funny and also true.7464
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#45 May 7, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats good stuff right there! Very funny and also true.7464
I love it when Viking fans show their envy. I would stop watching football if my only hope for the Packers was to wish for other teams in the division was to get worse. Of course it's different being a Packer fan. We measure success in championships. Viking fans are reduced to HOPING for division titles. And their best chance for that is Packer failure. Their own team simply isn't championship caliber. Never have been and doesn't seem they will be anytime in the forseeable future. I feel sorry for Viking fans.
eric

Verona, WI

#46 May 8, 2013
I wouldnt get to cocky though.Minnesota is a better team then they have been.A real nice jump from 3 wins to 10 wins..a nice job well done. NOW,they wont have the last place Schedule type thing and they wont surprise anyone either and i seriously doubt Peterson is running for 2K yards again and im not Jennings will be that savior that many think he will be as they replaced Percy Harvin with Jennings so its at Best a draw there but they did get a 1st round pick and grabbed a corner
Mister Pack

United States

#47 May 8, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Thats allot Eric when youre offense is the whole team.The following is an interesting graph for you to look at.The Lions had more total yards.How many of those touchdowns came when the game was out of reach and teams quit playing?
I think the bigger drop is 15 wins down to 11 wins.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#48 May 8, 2013
eric wrote:
I wouldnt get to cocky though.Minnesota is a better team then they have been.A real nice jump from 3 wins to 10 wins..a nice job well done. NOW,they wont have the last place Schedule type thing and they wont surprise anyone either and i seriously doubt Peterson is running for 2K yards again and im not Jennings will be that savior that many think he will be as they replaced Percy Harvin with Jennings so its at Best a draw there but they did get a 1st round pick and grabbed a corner
The Redskins, Colts, and Seahawks improved quite a bit from the previous season also. I would bet a fortune that any of those teams are more likely than the Vikings to improve on their 2012 records. As you said, the Vikings were aided by a soft schedule and the loss of Harvin is not erased by the signing of Jennings. The Vikings were a 3 win team in 2011. To say they are better is next to meaningless. Of course they are better. After 2011 there was no place to go but up. After 2012 that is no longer true. I would bet any Viking fan that the Packers finish with a better record this season, but as we all know the fans of our didvision rivals that frequent this site are too scared of the Packers to make any bets or they make them with no intention of ever paying. That's okay though. It's just one more indication of the tremendous envy they have of the Packers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: GM assigned to new role with Packers Jan 1 Bleeds Purple 1
News Brett Hundley's Top 5 Plays | Week 7 Dec 31 WelbyMD 3
News Fired Worked Charged In Lambeau Field Car Rampage Dec 27 Those Raider Farts 2
News Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers: Final i... Dec 25 Vikings farts 4
Another week of weak D Dec '17 Tom Bohm 1
Social Injustice VS Social Responsibility Nov '17 pgh 4
News Packers' Allison charged with misdemeanor drug ... (Jan '17) Nov '17 Fart Jogger 5
More from around the web