Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I...

Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going to be ready'

There are 48 comments on the TwinCities story from May 2, 2013, titled Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going to be ready'. In it, TwinCities reports that:

The real risk is doing nothing. And the Green Bay Packers have lived that risk. Last season was a carousel of injuries, second-guessing, scrambling and more injuries at running back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#21 May 4, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
tick tock tick tock
Heres a post from youre favorite site

Location hidden

#22 May 4, 2013
GBPmies

Finland

#23 May 5, 2013
So I asked you for stats showing Rodgers lack of production while Jennings was out compared to when he was in. You gave two links, neither mentioned anything about Jennings. Thanks. I have already read those articles btw.

Still waiting for you stats on Rodgers and Jennings. If you don't have anything, fine, just say so.

Location hidden

#24 May 5, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
So I asked you for stats showing Rodgers lack of production while Jennings was out compared to when he was in. You gave two links, neither mentioned anything about Jennings. Thanks. I have already read those articles btw.
Still waiting for you stats on Rodgers and Jennings. If you don't have anything, fine, just say so.
Those were for the year in which Jennings was out part of the time compared to the prior year.
GBPmies

Tuusula, Finland

#25 May 5, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Those were for the year in which Jennings was out part of the time compared to the prior year.
LMFAO! That is just weak (unless you are 8yrs old then good work little buddy).

You are going to try and use his overall numbers for the year compared to the previous year, which were both OUTSTANDING, to try and paint a picture of how Rodgers underpreformed without Jennings in the line up?

No analysis of games with him 'in lineu'p compared to 'without him in the line up'? You know.. showing the drop off while he was out? Nothing at all? I suppose you don't work with numbers much do you?

Even the links YOU PROVIDED say the toughest part for the Packers passing offense is the lack of a run game and Rodgers facing 6 in the box with 2 deep safeties. Not one of 'your links' even mentioned Jennings name. NOT ONCE!

I cannot take you seriously with such a piss poor attempt to prove a point. I thought you really had some game by game statistical analysis worked out showing how Rodgers suffered without Jennings in the lineup.... you have nothing remotely related to the fact.

Bring something real to the table next time you decide to announce your ‘wishful thinking ideas’ as 'facts'. Trying to say that Rodgers numbers were slightly down from the previous year, which just happened to be one of the greatest seasons in QB history, is silly. Rodgers numbers were great last year, you make it sound like he stunk it up or something.
GBPmies

Tuusula, Finland

#26 May 5, 2013
Since you want a year on year comparison of Rodgers and Jennings then Start here with the 2011 season and how it was considered one of the best ever by a QB.(in football history)
‘Brady and Warner agree: Aaron Rodgers’ 2011 season could be the best ever’
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_cor...

Then follow Jennings STATS the last few years-- a significant drop off since 2010.

Notice Rodgers is still having great years even though Jennings was not as productive. Rodgers has one of the best seasons ever and Jennings is less productive? How is this possible?

Jennings stats http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players...
Rodgers stats http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players...

Take Jennings best statistical year (2010) Rodgers is even more productive in 2011 and 2012 where Jennings slowed down. So don’t give me this lame ass year by year comparison if you are not willing to look at the whole thing and see a bigger picture.

Now maybe we can compare how Rodgers preformed in 2012 -with Jennings- and -without Jennings-. I am sure we will see Rodgers numbers are very very good for the whole year but a game by game would be interesting. Please lead the way on this with some real analysis. I look forward to seeing something worthwhile not just crap.

Tick tock tick tock.

Location hidden

#27 May 5, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
Since you want a year on year comparison of Rodgers and Jennings then Start here with the 2011 season and how it was considered one of the best ever by a QB.(in football history)
‘Brady and Warner agree: Aaron Rodgers’ 2011 season could be the best ever’
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_cor...
Then follow Jennings STATS the last few years-- a significant drop off since 2010.
Notice Rodgers is still having great years even though Jennings was not as productive. Rodgers has one of the best seasons ever and Jennings is less productive? How is this possible?
Jennings stats http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players...
Rodgers stats http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players...
Take Jennings best statistical year (2010) Rodgers is even more productive in 2011 and 2012 where Jennings slowed down. So don’t give me this lame ass year by year comparison if you are not willing to look at the whole thing and see a bigger picture.
Now maybe we can compare how Rodgers preformed in 2012 -with Jennings- and -without Jennings-. I am sure we will see Rodgers numbers are very very good for the whole year but a game by game would be interesting. Please lead the way on this with some real analysis. I look forward to seeing something worthwhile not just crap.
Tick tock tick tock.
Youre worse than a cackling old hen.Theres no way you can prove it was from Jennings but the numbers were less that indicates so.
GBPmies

Finland

#28 May 6, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Youre worse than a cackling old hen.Theres no way you can prove it was from Jennings but the numbers were less that indicates so.
That is right you can’t prove a slight drop off was from Jennings absence. You tried to! You claimed it was the reason! I just asked for proof, but you have no proof, none. So like I said it was all just more of you “wishful thinking” BS

I agree the numbers were less, less than the one of the greatest statistic season by a QB ever? That is not unheard of but his numbers were still great.

I am glad you think Rodgers is that great of a QB and you expect him to but up 2011 numbers every single year. You expect Rodgers to have the greatest season ever, EVERY YEAR! That is funny.
eric

Verona, WI

#29 May 6, 2013
What a slack Rodgers is,,how dare he fall from 40+ TD and 6 INT,to 38TD and 8 INTs.How horrible is this!

Location hidden

#30 May 6, 2013
eric wrote:
What a slack Rodgers is,,how dare he fall from 40+ TD and 6 INT,to 38TD and 8 INTs.How horrible is this!
Thats allot Eric when youre offense is the whole team.The following is an interesting graph for you to look at.The Lions had more total yards.How many of those touchdowns came when the game was out of reach and teams quit playing?

Location hidden

#31 May 6, 2013

Location hidden

#32 May 6, 2013
Besides that I said youre offense slacked off not just passing.The Packers were 13th in total offense.You have to look at yards after the catch too.
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

#33 May 6, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Thats allot Eric when youre offense is the whole team.The following is an interesting graph for you to look at.The Lions had more total yards.How many of those touchdowns came when the game was out of reach and teams quit playing?
Once again, you write and presume something you have NO FACTS for.
You make it sound as if the most of the GB's TDs came against defenses that were not trying anymore.(more wishful thinking)

Do you know "How many of those touchdowns came when the game was out of reach and teams quit playing"? Why don't you share your knowledge with us? HOW MANY? You make it sound like it is a lot of them.

But how do you know? Do you have stats on this thing?
Prove it. Give a number. You can't. So you won't. So you have no point. Just more wishful thinking and NO FACTS....

I think that we can now say with complete certainty that “wishful thinking” is your MO.
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

#34 May 6, 2013
eric wrote:
84 TDs and 14 INTs in 2 years. What a bum!
eric

Verona, WI

#35 May 6, 2013
Not to mention 26-6 and 2 playoffs the last 2 years,,36-12 and a SB championship the last 3 seasons and an MVP and a SB MVP,, what a slacker!

Location hidden

#36 May 6, 2013
eric wrote:
Not to mention 26-6 and 2 playoffs the last 2 years,,36-12 and a SB championship the last 3 seasons and an MVP and a SB MVP,, what a slacker!
I dont where you get that I said Rodgers was a slacker.My original post stated if he would as effective with Jennings gone and now only three recievers and 1 pass catching tightend.So its more receiever related.You dont have the 5-6 recievers you used to with experience.Its allot easier to cover three than 6 so it makes sense.What happens if just one reciever gets hurt.Then youre playing undrafted players with zero experience.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#37 May 7, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>I dont where you get that I said Rodgers was a slacker.My original post stated if he would as effective with Jennings gone and now only three recievers and 1 pass catching tightend.So its more receiever related.You dont have the 5-6 recievers you used to with experience.Its allot easier to cover three than 6 so it makes sense.What happens if just one reciever gets hurt.Then youre playing undrafted players with zero experience.
So according to you Jennings was the only experienced receiver? The truth is that IF the Packers have one receiver get injured that will be a great improvement over last season. Don't you ever get tired of hoping that the Packers get worse? Wouldn't it be better for the Vikings to actually improve? The Packers have more experience in the receiving corp than the vast majority of NFL teams, including the Vikings. The Packers had receivers injured last season, including Jennings and others and yet they won the division. I haven't seen any NFL experts that expect the Vikings to win the division this season. Have you?
now

Marshfield, WI

#38 May 7, 2013
Now he did that ALL by himself. But every other QB its all the help around them and the TEAM did it.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#39 May 7, 2013
now wrote:
Now he did that ALL by himself. But every other QB its all the help around them and the TEAM did it.
It's always been a team game and it always will be. That is why QBs like Doug Williams, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings while Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly and many other great QBs have no championship rings.

Location hidden

#40 May 7, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you Jennings was the only experienced receiver? The truth is that IF the Packers have one receiver get injured that will be a great improvement over last season. Don't you ever get tired of hoping that the Packers get worse? Wouldn't it be better for the Vikings to actually improve? The Packers have more experience in the receiving corp than the vast majority of NFL teams, including the Vikings. The Packers had receivers injured last season, including Jennings and others and yet they won the division. I haven't seen any NFL experts that expect the Vikings to win the division this season. Have you?
Im not sayin that>What Im saying is you only have three experinced instead the 5-6 you used to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Green Bay Packers News: Who will become surpris... Jul 12 Will phart 2
News Former Packers RB Ahman Green jailed on child a... Jul 12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News NFC North: Offseason headlines for each team Jun 27 DuhPharts 6
News Green Bay fanatic marries woman named Marie Pac... Jun 21 Named phart 2
DMW Properties - Colleen Wallin (Jan '08) Jun 21 JRs 60
News Plenty of cap room again when Rodgers negotiati... Jun '17 Plenty phartz 2
News Eddie Lacy continuing to fight battle of the bulge May '17 Continuing phart 2
More from around the web