Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going to be ready'

May 2, 2013 Full story: TwinCities 48

The real risk is doing nothing. And the Green Bay Packers have lived that risk. Last season was a carousel of injuries, second-guessing, scrambling and more injuries at running back.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
packerbacker-wic hita-ks

Wichita, KS

#1 May 2, 2013
Lacy had better be ready to go. This Packer team will rely on him to provide a way to keep defenses around the league from what they were doing last year and that was load up against the pass. Should be a strong, competitive competition between Lacy and Johnathan Franklin to see who steps and takes control of the running back position. If these guys prove themselves this offense will be about as potent as any in the NFL. Too many 3 and outs last season and the inability to extend drives hurt this team last season. The Packers need a running game to change this and to also keep the defense off the field a little longer and keep them fresher. I like the Packers' passing game as much as anybody. But, when defenses know what is coming it makes it that much harder to succeed. If this plays out like we hope, the offense will have a lot more options than just moving the ball down field via the pass. Plus Rodgers will take less of a beating. A successful running game will open up Rodgers' passing game.
eric

Monroe, WI

#2 May 2, 2013
Thats the scary part is Defenses KNOW its coming YET,A Rodgers STILL puts up MVP type numbers.Imagine what happens when GB gets a better running game,Sherrod is healthy and ends up being a good LT

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 May 2, 2013

Location hidden

#4 May 2, 2013
eric wrote:
Thats the scary part is Defenses KNOW its coming YET,A Rodgers STILL puts up MVP type numbers.Imagine what happens when GB gets a better running game,Sherrod is healthy and ends up being a good LT
Is Datone Jones going to make enough of a difference to stop Peterson?Will Rodgers be able to put up the same numbers playing aganst the Vikings improved secondary when hes now down to three recievers and 1 tightend.Same offensive line as last year against Minn, D with Floyd.The Vikes are always one of the best against the run.Doesnt look good Eric.
GBPmies

Finland

#5 May 3, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Is Datone Jones going to make enough of a difference to stop Peterson?Will Rodgers be able to put up the same numbers playing aganst the Vikings improved secondary when hes now down to three recievers and 1 tightend.Same offensive line as last year against Minn, D with Floyd.The Vikes are always one of the best against the run.Doesnt look good Eric.
More of the same from you.

“best case scenario” for the Vikings
VS
“worst case scenario” for the Packers.

Stopping AD is always hard for any defense. D Jones should help the Packers dline, and the return of some other players should help as well-- but AD will still run all over the place unless the Packers get an early lead and the Vikes need to pass more.

Let us wait and see Jennings’s production without Rodgers throwing him the ball in an offense designed to throw the ball all over the place, we saw 8 games last year when Jennings was out, and Rodgers had no problems. It was a bigger problem trying to find room for Jennings when he did return. The Packers lost and + added a TE, both back ups and the new TE is tougher and a better run blocker. An improved run game (rookies) will help Rodgers more than having Jennings would.

What is the secondary improvement in MN- adding a rookie CB and losing Winfield is an improvement? ummm ok. The rookie is going to play 85% of the snaps and defend the run like Winfield did last year? In the long run it may be an improvement but I think teams prefer to play against the rookie rather than Winfield. How are the LBs?

Pack Oline will NOT be the same as last vs MN like you say. RT Bulaga returns, could play LT, EDS only took over starting C job in wk 16 (played very good in playoffs) Sherrod could come back and play LT. There are many questions and many options - all options are better than what the Vikings faced last year concerning the Pack oline. However that dline of the vikes should be tougher next year...(after that who konws who will be there)

I laugh at how you think all the Vikings moves and rookies will change the world but think anyone the Packers bring in or improve will fail. I hope your “wishful thinking” helps you sleep better at night; it won’t help you on Sundays.

You seem slightly obsessed with proving the Vikings equall to the Packers; truth is the Packers are trying to keep up with other NFC power houses, not the Vikings.
GBPmies

Finland

#6 May 3, 2013
Bulaga moves to LT
Sitton to LG
Lang to RG

RT up for grabs
-Newhouse, Barclay, and Sherrod
I go Barclay right now, he did a good job and should improve with more reps, but hey who konws)

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packer...
"The one thing that's indisputable is it won't be with the same lineup as in 2012."
eric

Monroe, WI

#7 May 3, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Is Datone Jones going to make enough of a difference to stop Peterson?Will Rodgers be able to put up the same numbers playing aganst the Vikings improved secondary when hes now down to three recievers and 1 tightend.Same offensive line as last year against Minn, D with Floyd.The Vikes are always one of the best against the run.Doesnt look good Eric.
and this has to do with my statement of a better running game and LT how? A better running game and improved play from LT gives Rodgers more time with still one of the best WR corps in the league ( to go with the best qb in the league) and an improved running game makes you respect the run.AR getting less or taking less hits,more clock control from a better running game ect makes the offense more potent and the defense gets more rest time.
Every year we hear the crowing of how great Minn defense is,YET, GB always seems to move the ball for piles of yards and please explain to me WHo won 4 of the last 5 and the playoff meeting last year?
eric

Monroe, WI

#8 May 3, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
Trying so hard to convince yourself hah? Datone Jones will help,will he make a difference? Prob. some but so will getting a healthy Nick Perry back,so will a 330lb NT to give Raji some rest,so will now having a year under Casey Haywards belt,so will having last year for Shields to start the whole season,a healthy Devon House.Meanwhile,you drafted a good Dlineman a corner with Terrell Buckley written all over him and a kick returner/punt returner ( with 4 picks) that needs some time to develop as a WR so for now hes a returner,so you have Greg Jennings ( who has never been the main man,hes had Donald Driver,hes had James Jones,he had Jordy Nelson and he has the best qb in the league) NOW, he has? Christian Ponder? certainly a good qb but not even close to Rodgers,Some kid named Wright and Kyle Rudloph and A.Peterson to run it ( and i suppose you expect another 2K yards season from the guy right?)Dont forget also Jennings hasnt played a complete season in a few seasons SO getting 16 games out of him is in question.
eric

Monroe, WI

#9 May 3, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
This is sweet the EXACT day you say the same old Oline,,the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal (ON THE FRONT PAGE) has an article about Bryan Bulaga moving to LT,Josh Sitton moving to LG from RG and TJ Lang is moving from LG to RG..
Bulaga and Sitton are both great pass protectors,Lang is a bit stronger at Run blocking and Barclay is a much better run blocker then Bulaga so he stays at RT and consider the fact Barclay did a nice job runblocking in his few games ( Chicago,Det andMinn) all 3 are top run stopping teams,then in the playoffs vs Minn and SF where its turned up a notch) and now hes had an offesason to prepare,bulk up a bit more and should be even better.Then throw in EDS or 1 of the youngsters at Center ,so your right about being the same oline other then a new LT,LG,RG and Center.( sarcasm there)

Location hidden

#10 May 4, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>This is sweet the EXACT day you say the same old Oline,,the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal (ON THE FRONT PAGE) has an article about Bryan Bulaga moving to LT,Josh Sitton moving to LG from RG and TJ Lang is moving from LG to RG..
Bulaga and Sitton are both great pass protectors,Lang is a bit stronger at Run blocking and Barclay is a much better run blocker then Bulaga so he stays at RT and consider the fact Barclay did a nice job runblocking in his few games ( Chicago,Det andMinn) all 3 are top run stopping teams,then in the playoffs vs Minn and SF where its turned up a notch) and now hes had an offesason to prepare,bulk up a bit more and should be even better.Then throw in EDS or 1 of the youngsters at Center ,so your right about being the same oline other then a new LT,LG,RG and Center.( sarcasm there)
You dont even know whos playing what on the oline and you consider it improved.A couple days ago you were saying how Sitton or Newhouse will be improved at left guard.Now Bulaga over at left and you dont know whos at center?HA HA HA.The Vikings ,Bears and Lions have continuity on the D line theyll walk over that line.Mccarthy and Thompson are clutching at straws here cause they dont know what to do.

Location hidden

#11 May 4, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
More of the same from you.
“best case scenario” for the Vikings
VS
“worst case scenario” for the Packers.
Stopping AD is always hard for any defense. D Jones should help the Packers dline, and the return of some other players should help as well-- but AD will still run all over the place unless the Packers get an early lead and the Vikes need to pass more.
Let us wait and see Jennings’s production without Rodgers throwing him the ball in an offense designed to throw the ball all over the place, we saw 8 games last year when Jennings was out, and Rodgers had no problems. It was a bigger problem trying to find room for Jennings when he did return. The Packers lost and + added a TE, both back ups and the new TE is tougher and a better run blocker. An improved run game (rookies) will help Rodgers more than having Jennings would.
What is the secondary improvement in MN- adding a rookie CB and losing Winfield is an improvement? ummm ok. The rookie is going to play 85% of the snaps and defend the run like Winfield did last year? In the long run it may be an improvement but I think teams prefer to play against the rookie rather than Winfield. How are the LBs?
Pack Oline will NOT be the same as last vs MN like you say. RT Bulaga returns, could play LT, EDS only took over starting C job in wk 16 (played very good in playoffs) Sherrod could come back and play LT. There are many questions and many options - all options are better than what the Vikings faced last year concerning the Pack oline. However that dline of the vikes should be tougher next year...(after that who konws who will be there)
I laugh at how you think all the Vikings moves and rookies will change the world but think anyone the Packers bring in or improve will fail. I hope your “wishful thinking” helps you sleep better at night; it won’t help you on Sundays.
You seem slightly obsessed with proving the Vikings equall to the Packers; truth is the Packers are trying to keep up with other NFC power houses, not the Vikings.
Rodgers production already dropped off last year without Jennings playing as much.Well be much improved in the secondary,Josh Robinson or AJ Jefferson will take winfields spot probably.Xavier Rhodes is a beast.We still won without Winfield playing I think it was when we played the Bears and Winfield had a broken hand when we played the Packers.Im not so sure Winfield would be able to keep that up this year anyway.Hes 35 it was either this year or next.Bulagas arms are to short for a left tackle.Jared Allen and Everson Griffen will have fun with that arrangement.LMAO
GBPmies

Finland

#12 May 4, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Rodgers production already dropped off last year without Jennings playing as much.Well be much improved in the secondary,Josh Robinson or AJ Jefferson will take winfields spot probably.Xavier Rhodes is a beast.We still won without Winfield playing I think it was when we played the Bears and Winfield had a broken hand when we played the Packers.Im not so sure Winfield would be able to keep that up this year anyway.Hes 35 it was either this year or next.Bulagas arms are to short for a left tackle.Jared Allen and Everson Griffen will have fun with that arrangement.LMAO
NO facts, all wishful thinking by you.

You talk like it is fact but no real numbers to say anything. You think 2nd year guy CB Robinson will take over for Winfield and be as good as he was (85% of snaps), yet any Packer 2nd year guys are going to suck... Who has more 2nd year defenders coming back? Who the F is CB AJ Jefferson? What has he EVER done, did he play last year? When?

You are a wishful thinker and I would love you to put your money where your mouth is and bet me! You wouldn’t dare bet on the Vikings! So put your mouth where my ass is then because you are all talk and wishful thinking...

Location hidden

#13 May 4, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
NO facts, all wishful thinking by you.
You talk like it is fact but no real numbers to say anything. You think 2nd year guy CB Robinson will take over for Winfield and be as good as he was (85% of snaps), yet any Packer 2nd year guys are going to suck... Who has more 2nd year defenders coming back? Who the F is CB AJ Jefferson? What has he EVER done, did he play last year? When?
You are a wishful thinker and I would love you to put your money where your mouth is and bet me! You wouldn’t dare bet on the Vikings! So put your mouth where my ass is then because you are all talk and wishful thinking...
We Picked up AJ Jefferson from the Cardinals.He actually started more games than Robinson.AJ Jefferson replaced Chris Cook from game 8 to game 16.On the Vikings youre talking one position in which case Winfields role was going to be diminished this year even if he came back.Its not like nobody on our team has played the position.On the Packers youre talking an entire offensive line.Id say it will probably be both and maybe some Robert Blanton or Brandon Burton.Dont worry we have it covered.Its just youre wishful thinking that we wont succeed.Not only that but we signed Jacob Lacey from the Lions.Lots of choices.As much as I thought the Packers needed a running back they may have been better off drafting a real left tackle and leave Bulaga at his real position at guard.
GBPmies

Finland

#14 May 4, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>We Picked up AJ Jefferson from the Cardinals.He actually started more games than Robinson.AJ Jefferson replaced Chris Cook from game 8 to game 16.On the Vikings youre talking one position in which case Winfields role was going to be diminished this year even if he came back.Its not like nobody on our team has played the position.On the Packers youre talking an entire offensive line.Id say it will probably be both and maybe some Robert Blanton or Brandon Burton.Dont worry we have it covered.Its just youre wishful thinking that we wont succeed.Not only that but we signed Jacob Lacey from the Lions.Lots of choices.As much as I thought the Packers needed a running back they may have been better off drafting a real left tackle and leave Bulaga at his real position at guard.
Thanks for proving you football smarts... Bulaga never played gaurd.

Feel free to place your bet with me anytime, I am waiting, or just run your mouth like every other loser wishful thinker.( I am glad you like to use my words of "wishful thinker", that means they got to you, and bother you, and are right!!!

That means you are starting to understand! ;) Good for you!

GOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Jefferson! LMFAO!!!
GBPmies

Finland

#15 May 4, 2013
btw BP I am still waiting for all those stats on Rodgers with and without Jennings and how his production fell off while he was out.

DARE to back up your statement (wishful thinking) with facts or should we chalk up your comments to diarrhea of the mouth/BS?

Take you time.... I am sure it will take awhile :)

Location hidden

#16 May 4, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving you football smarts... Bulaga never played gaurd.
Feel free to place your bet with me anytime, I am waiting, or just run your mouth like every other loser wishful thinker.( I am glad you like to use my words of "wishful thinker", that means they got to you, and bother you, and are right!!!
That means you are starting to understand! ;) Good for you!
GOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Jefferson! LMFAO!!!
Thats his natural position with his short arms.

Location hidden

#17 May 4, 2013
GBPmies

Finland

#18 May 4, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Thats his natural position with his short arms.
His natural position is a position he has not played???? If you really think that then ok, but it only proves you are an assr.

Still waiting for your FACTS about Rodgers loss of production without Jennings. Are you stalling?
GBPmies

Finland

#19 May 4, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
btw BP I am still waiting for all those stats on Rodgers with and without Jennings and how his production fell off while he was out.
DARE to back up your statement (wishful thinking) with facts or should we chalk up your comments to diarrhea of the mouth/BS?
Take you time.... I am sure it will take awhile :)
tick tock tick tock

Location hidden

#20 May 4, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
tick tock tick tock
I gave you the shortcut up above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pats are unanimous No. 1 in AP Pro32 rankings 7 hr Tom 3
How Vikings Can Salvage Rest of Season Thu GBPfan 1
Jordy Nelson deserving of his SI cover shot Wed Dr Flatus 3
Packers fight hard in 24-21 victory over Vikings Wed Icle 3
Rodgers Trolls Vikes, Drinks a Grape Crush at P... Nov 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
For Vikings WR Johnson, there's always room for... Nov 21 James 3
Green Bay Packers: Is Aaron Rodgers focusing to... Nov 18 Ted 14

Green Bay Packers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE