Hypothetical ESPN trade would send Larry Fitzgerald to Green Bay Packers

Oct 24, 2013 Full story: ArizonaSports.com 14

School: University of Arizona When you started with Bonneville Phoenix: Fall 2008, right before Cardinals Super Bowl run Favorite sports memory: Being at Game 7 of the 2001 World Series with my dad Favorite all-time athlete: Larry Centers Favorite sports movies: The Sandlot, Rookie of the Year, Jerry Maguire Most crushing sports moment: Kurt Warner ... (more)

Full Story
GBPmies

Finland

#1 Oct 25, 2013
His proposal? Fitzgerald in exchange for Green Bay's 2014 second round pick, running back Jonathan Franklin and receiver Jordy Nelson.

No way. That is way too much for 1 old WR.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Oct 25, 2013
I'm a huge Fitzgerald fan, the hamstring injury this season has made it so that a straight up trade for Jordy would benefit the Cardinals. Theories are great, but the reality is that the Packers would never make a lopsided (from a financial and talent standpoint) trade like this, even if Ted Thompson wasn't GM. With Ted, the only way is if he suffers a stroke or a case of amnesia.
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

#3 Oct 25, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
I'm a huge Fitzgerald fan, the hamstring injury this season has made it so that a straight up trade for Jordy would benefit the Cardinals. Theories are great, but the reality is that the Packers would never make a lopsided (from a financial and talent standpoint) trade like this, even if Ted Thompson wasn't GM. With Ted, the only way is if he suffers a stroke or a case of amnesia.
Trading for Fitzgerald would be a mistake if that were the asking price. That's probably why we don't see a lot of trades in the NFL, the asking prices are too high.
Trade

United States

#4 Oct 25, 2013
Why do the Vikes suck....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Oct 25, 2013
Packer Backer WichitaKs wrote:
<quoted text>Trading for Fitzgerald would be a mistake if that were the asking price. That's probably why we don't see a lot of trades in the NFL, the asking prices are too high.
This wasn't a REAL asking price. It was a "theoretical" asking price. As much as Larry Fitzgerald and I would like to see him in a Packer uniform, a trade like this would make it impossible to happen.

Since: Feb 13

Appleton, WI

#6 Oct 25, 2013
I'm not sure Nelson for Fitzgerald straight up is even a fair price... similar production and Nelson has a way friendlier contract. Not that Fitzgerald isn't a great receiver, but Nelson's pretty good too. Plus, if the premise is that the Packers are desperate for another receiver, why on earth would they trade one of their top ones away?

I'm still waiting to see if anything changes as far as Tony Gonzalez. Now that is a trade I could see, and the cost would be a lot less (probably not much more than a midround pick to rent him for 10 games).
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#7 Oct 25, 2013
Green Bay needs a kicker, not a receiver. 3 points are better than none and Crosby has a case of the Shank(er)s or the Yips
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Oct 25, 2013
Trade wrote:
Why do the Vikes suck....
I'll bite. Why? Is there a punch line? Or was that it? Seriously, I think it might be because the owner, management and coaching staff may be as delusional as some of their fans.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#9 Oct 25, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bite. Why? Is there a punch line? Or was that it? Seriously, I think it might be because the owner, management and coaching staff may be as delusional as some of their fans.
The thought of them playing in an imaginary stadium has their fans all a-twitter
too bad it will be in London or LA
At least they have direct flights from Minnecrapolis to both cities
eric

Monroe, WI

#10 Oct 25, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Green Bay needs a kicker, not a receiver. 3 points are better than none and Crosby has a case of the Shank(er)s or the Yips
Actually ( knock on wood) he has only missed 1 or 2 FG all season,hes kicked very well as of now
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#11 Oct 25, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Actually ( knock on wood) he has only missed 1 or 2 FG all season,hes kicked very well as of now
You were supposed to leave that one alone....now he's cursed
eric

Monroe, WI

#12 Oct 25, 2013
Oh sh*t,now ive done it
Packer Fan

Madison, WI

#13 Oct 25, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Really? Have you been watching the NFL this season? You seem to still be in 2012. Of course, you are a Bear Fan so who knows where your head is at!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#14 Oct 25, 2013
I saw him miss in the only Packer game I was forced to watch this year. He'll miss the next one when it counts. Then he'll walk off the field knowing he just lost any chance for home field with the same pained look on his face that Favre had when he threw another season ending interception. You know the look, the one where it looks like a green banana has been shoved where the sun doesn't shine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the Green Bay Packers draft Jesse James? 29 min eric 17
Thank You Hawk 6 hr eric 3
Packers release AJ Hawk 8 hr Fudge 1
Packers release linebacker Brad Jones, former s... Feb 23 Spielman Likes Ga... 1
Brad Jones 2-20 Feb 20 eric 5
FOX 11 Investigates follow up: Packers pay $2.8... Feb 19 MN Pleasure Depar... 5
Vikings claim former Packers tight end Bostick Feb 19 Spielman 1
More from around the web