First Prev
of 4
Next Last
R Gregoire

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Can anyone explain to me why announcers sing the praises of Dom Capers? The Packers defense sucks year after year. They ought to get rid of his ass. Again, they're getting slaughtered - the defense fully to blame.
eric

Neillsville, WI

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Yep,there is no reason why SF offense should be scoring.The defense is tired here late.Capers never really made an adjustments until early 3rd quarter allowing C.K. to run wild.
SF did a real nice job in all phases and deserved to win.SO we go back to the drawing board and hopefully another good draft will fill some holes adn we come back swinging next year.
In Capers defense,losing Sitton didnt help any either.As soon as he left,Patrick Wills started making plays after being quiet up to that point and that isnt a coincidence.
eric

Neillsville, WI

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Sitton is back obviously,getting into it a bit.
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#4 Jan 12, 2013
eric wrote:
Yep,there is no reason why SF offense should be scoring.The defense is tired here late.Capers never really made an adjustments until early 3rd quarter allowing C.K. to run wild.
SF did a real nice job in all phases and deserved to win.SO we go back to the drawing board and hopefully another good draft will fill some holes adn we come back swinging next year.
In Capers defense,losing Sitton didnt help any either.As soon as he left,Patrick Wills started making plays after being quiet up to that point and that isnt a coincidence.
lol ! Greenbay getting destroyed was no shocker, greenbay defense sucks like always. Beating the vikes last week gave you guys false hope. Vikes short handed and rookie Qb. Did you really think that defense could play in the playoffs?? Lol !!!!!
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#5 Jan 12, 2013
R Gregoire wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why announcers sing the praises of Dom Capers? The Packers defense sucks year after year. They ought to get rid of his ass. Again, they're getting slaughtered - the defense fully to blame.
Mathews sucks, he has to be the most overrated player on that terrible defense. He could not handle one single guy. Got thrown on his ass all game long.
eric

Neillsville, WI

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Gee it took you less the 3 minutes to come out from under your rock hah?
If i were you,id worry about the NFL record breaking defense and the whiner who cant beat teams with winning records and being set up perfectly for playoff runs 2 years in a row and choking both times.
Id rather lose in the playoffs then choke and miss them.That defense play in the playoffs? well,they won 1 and lost 1 this year.It could be worse,it could be the Denver Broncos.OR it could be shitcago who chokes 2 years straight and that followed GB kicking the shit out of them 2 times in 4 weeks and costing them a SB while GB won the SB..Make the playoffs then we can talk.
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#7 Jan 12, 2013
eric wrote:
no reason the should be scoring??? Your defense sucks and always does . The got dominated!
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#8 Jan 12, 2013
eric wrote:
your defense gave up 600 yards, that's why they are scoring!
GBPmies

Finland

#9 Jan 12, 2013
eric wrote:
If i were you,id worry about the NFL record breaking defense and the whiner who cant beat teams with winning records and being set up perfectly for playoff runs 2 years in a row and choking both times.
Id rather lose in the playoffs then choke and miss them.That defense play in the playoffs? well,they won 1 and lost 1 this year.It could be worse,it could be the Denver Broncos.OR it could be shitcago who chokes 2 years straight and that followed GB kicking the shit out of them 2 times in 4 weeks and costing them a SB while GB won the SB..Make the playoffs then we can talk.
just don't respond to him anymore, I won't. He hid like a girl for 2 months as the Bears choked and died. He is not worth it...
eric

Neillsville, WI

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text> Mathews sucks, he has to be the most overrated player on that terrible defense. He could not handle one single guy. Got thrown on his ass all game long.
Yea he sucks,14 sacks in 10 games.Speaking of sucks,where was the record breaking Bears defense? Oh yea,sitting at home after yet,another choke job and missing them hahahah,,,like i said,make the playoffs ONCE then you can remotely have room to talk shit,actually,be a man instead of a wuss hiding under a rock until the Packers lose,,where have you been since GB beat shitcago once again? and since the playoff started?
Im fine with the season,you cant be,that record setting defense is an old machine that cant beat a team with a winning record.ENjoy your new goal of beating Minn and GB after YET anther 3rd place finish!!
Reggie 12-6

West Babylon, NY

#10 Jan 12, 2013
packluv1 at least we went this far ok how bout them cubbies??
we got to the second playoff game and won the division did chi win the division?? did they even get into the playoffs ?
riddle me that batman!!!
Look capers screwed up big time and it isnt the first time- hes weak on planning mobile quarterbacks tonight showed it!!
This was poor def planning big time!!!
So before you pop up after a month of being behind the scenes moping an crying all i know is that gb won the nfc north divisional title this season and made it to the second week of the playoffs??
I didnt see chi do this did you??
GBPmies

Finland

#12 Jan 12, 2013
reasoning with packluv is like reasoning with a dead mouse... just ignore him he has not earned a responce from this forum, he hides when the bears lose and only comes out of his cave when the Packers lose. He only wants to annoy people so just don't respond
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#13 Jan 12, 2013
eric wrote:
lol, like I said no shocker, your defense sucks every freaking year. Greenbay can't do shit in the playoffs, except embarass themselves. But it's fun to watch!
eric

Neillsville, WI

#14 Jan 12, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
just don't respond to him anymore, I won't. He hid like a girl for 2 months as the Bears choked and died. He is not worth it...
True and we all know the score and whats what.
SO on a sad note,we may have seen Donald Driver in his final game as a GB Packer.I wonder where he will sign ( of if he will sign with someone) I would think there is a team that Driver can play if GB decides to let him leave.
Jennings is another story.Im not convinced hes going YET. He is obviously looking for Jackson ( in Philly ) money.he signed at 11M per year ( 6 for 66 OR 7 for 77 i cant remember which honestly) but Im not sure Jennings will get over 11M per season,as he hasnt played a complete season in 3 years or so and with Cobb and James Jones taking a nice improved step this year,Nelson fell back a bit but is still a very good WR and hopefully Boykins can step it up after getting some experience during the end of the season.Losing Jennings ( again Maybe) and Driver ( prob.) makes 2 openings
Finley is another story to watch...He basically sucked until right before the Chicago game when the story came out he would be trade and or released after the season and he started playing well after that.If it takes threats or stories to make him play well,,Trade him off! we can use the money to sign a few of our own guys.
Charles Woodson did ok tonight.he has broken the same shoulder bone Twice and he is 37,38 so does TT let him go or keep him for another season? Jeron McMillan played well.
Sam Shields is another question.He struggled his rookie season nad while injured.struggling ect until a nice little run during GB SB winning run in 2010,played ok in 11 but played rather well in 12.Devon House had the starting job opposite Williams until he injured that shoulder and put off surgery and Shields would eventually get the starting gig in spots and played real well as well as Rookie corner Casey Hayward,so while they offer Shields a restricted deal ( prob.around 3M from what ive read) do they sign him long term?
MY biggest question....Derrick Sherrod! will he be able to play LT again? He practiced at teh end of his PUP time but obviously wasnt quite there so they placed him on the IR but a healthy Derrick SHerrod would be an improvement over Marshall Newhouse ( although he played pretty well tonight)a nd the fight at RT between starter Brian Bulaga and his backup Don Barclay who played well his first few games,struggled the next few,played a bit better in the Minn game ( still not great though) but tonight,did seemingly better. So if Bulaga starts at RT ( which i feel he should after seeing the whole picture) Barclay can be a nice depth play as i believe he played some guard as well.Saturday is prob. gone as well.Evan D-S has to be the favorite to start at Center next year,( at least until the NFL draft and if GB uses a high pick at Center/guard that can change).Aaron Rodgers,Mathews,Raji all have contracts coming up in the next few years,Erik Walden is a FA this off season and has played well,( who knows how Nick Perry will do since he got injured early into his rookie season) Anyway,im sure i missed some questions here as i got rather long but,lots of things to watch for this off season and TT will need to find yet another scout/Head of scouting as John Dorsey has been named the new GM of the Kansas City Chiefs!! Congrats to John! yet another TT assistant to leave via a promotion,so GB still gathers a ton of respect and although im certainly not happy with losing to SF,this team did a heck of a job pulling off a 12 win season using their 5th starting RB,losing their 2 starting WR at points, losing a few ILB during the season,playing a few rookies in the secondary ect.This team is still young and has some time left for a few more SB runs in the near future and the way TT controls the Cap,it shouldnt be a huge problem hopefully ( with Mathews,Rodgers and Raji coming up,will be tight a bit,but,theres always Finley)
GBPmies

Finland

#15 Jan 12, 2013
eric

your posts raises plenty of questions, all I can say is who knows....

It is a wait and see game for another year. The team the Pack had in game 1 is not the same they had today, it keeps changing. We lose admin guys again and more players. We just keep moving FWD but the defense needs an overhaul IMO.

Out goes

Capers
Jennings
Driver

maybe
Woodson
Finley

then again who knows.... maybe they all stay
GBPmies

Finland

#16 Jan 12, 2013
Eric

Barclay did a good job at RT, his run blocking is great but pass blocking not so much. Bulaga is the opposite of him. Maybe Bulaga can play LT, he is a great at pass blocking. Bulaga will start somewhere next year he was our best Olinemand befor he got hurt
eric

Neillsville, WI

#17 Jan 12, 2013
Sorry folks,i got way carried away and lengthy adn there is still bright spots like DuJaun Harris,will they sign him to something nice,,James Starks cant stay healthy.If they cut Finley,is Williams ready or will they draft another TE,There are only so many picks
You may be able to trade Finley and get one,we have 7 already,if GB loses Jennings to FA they will prob have to lose another or 2 to get any compensation picks.Lots of questions,lots of action coming up come spring time ( after the SB) when Free agentcy starts and planning for the draft and hopefully lots of great conversations back and forth about players,draft picks,trades ect.
NyY Packer Fan

New York, NY

#18 Jan 12, 2013
Capers is a clown. He should fo immediately.
Reggie 12-6

West Babylon, NY

#19 Jan 12, 2013
nyy - hey . i hear you capers made our d look like a pee wee league tonight.He had plenty of time to figure out a plan to contain colin but thats capers mo he just cant plan good schemes when it comes to guys like colin k .
eric

Neillsville, WI

#20 Jan 12, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
eric
your posts raises plenty of questions, all I can say is who knows....
It is a wait and see game for another year. The team the Pack had in game 1 is not the same they had today, it keeps changing. We lose admin guys again and more players. We just keep moving FWD but the defense needs an overhaul IMO.
Out goes
Capers
Jennings
Driver
maybe
Woodson
Finley
then again who knows.... maybe they all stay
There are alot of questions to be answered for sure.I would think Finley would be gone we can use the cap space and less of his attitude and drop passes.He got better when he heard he was gone? If we have to threaten him,let him go! Besides hes a FA after next year and he excited about breaking the bank( his words) basically his 2 year deal means hes still young enough to break the bank in another deal.I can see both Woodson staying and i can see him going.Another year for McMillan to play behind Woodson and learn would benefit him,but, then again,playing is truly the way to learn.Your comment about Bulaga playing LT as he is better at pass blocking then Run blocking,there is some truth to that.I do think they tried B.B. at LT though,( of course he is older now,so maybe it would work,)but if Sherrod is healthy and kicking tail,we have our LT for the next decade,but,coming back from an injury like that is tough i think

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rip 4 hr eric 1
News 49ers sign linebacker Desmond Bishop Apr 17 Falsified IP 4
News Lambeau Field sales tax to end in 6 months Apr 17 Cheese 3
News Packers re-sign defensive linemen Letroy Guion,... Apr 17 Falsified IP 12
Mariota to Bears? Apr 17 Draft sense 7
Revis Apr 17 Mensa3 5
News Dolphins hosting free agent WR Jennings Apr 8 Finpoo 2
More from around the web