Cut down day
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
eric

Verona, WI

#1 Aug 27, 2013
Packers have to be down to 75 by today,Play KC on Thursday,Then get down to 53 by Saturday.
GBPmies

Finland

#2 Aug 27, 2013
I think 75 will not be too tough. But the 53 will be hard to see a lot of good guys go. I hope for some of them to clear waivers and make the PS.
GBPmies

Finland

#3 Aug 27, 2013
So I guess it goes like this for today?

PUP List players: Jerel Worthy, Derek Sherrod, Sean Richardson, JC Tretter (reevaluate in 6 wks)

IR Players: Bulaga and Harris

I think that leaves 2 players to get to 75.
1 new kicker Ramirez
2 one of the bad S guys- Fulton or Powell or really any other guy that has no chance to make it on the roster.
eric

Verona, WI

#4 Aug 27, 2013
We can also can a qb ( prob. Coleman).
I really hope they can or will cut Crosby.I also read where there are some trade talk about one of the back up TE Brandon Bostick..I liked that kid last year and glad he hit the squad and was hoping he would be around after this year so when Finley gets paid somewhere else and Quarless or DJ Williams leaves ( both are FA as well i believe).Bostick has an inside track
GBPmies

Finland

#5 Aug 27, 2013
eric wrote:
We can also can a qb ( prob. Coleman).
I really hope they can or will cut Crosby.I also read where there are some trade talk about one of the back up TE Brandon Bostick..I liked that kid last year and glad he hit the squad and was hoping he would be around after this year so when Finley gets paid somewhere else and Quarless or DJ Williams leaves ( both are FA as well i believe).Bostick has an inside track
No can't cut a QB today. We need Coleman to play on Thursday. He will get 'canned' after that and hope for the PS.

I remember you talking about Bostick and how you liked him. I doubt we trade him with the other injuries we have. At least not until after this KC game, makes no sense right now. I think he will get a long look to make the roster.
eric

Verona, WI

#6 Aug 27, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
So I guess it goes like this for today?
PUP List players: Jerel Worthy, Derek Sherrod, Sean Richardson, JC Tretter (reevaluate in 6 wks)
IR Players: Bulaga and Harris
I think that leaves 2 players to get to 75.
1 new kicker Ramirez
2 one of the bad S guys- Fulton or Powell or really any other guy that has no chance to make it on the roster.
GREAT CALL ON YOUR PART!
You hit it. Worthy,Sherrod,Richardson and Tretter are on the PUP list....Bulaga and Harris are on the IR as well as WR Kevin Dorcey and LB Jarvis Reed
Packers released Ramirez after Crosby hit all his FG today ( the king of camp,lets pray he hits them during the season).
HE also hit FG of 64 and 65 yards.Not bad,hes got the leg,hes just a head case,SO,maybe if he gets off to a good start,he may get something back.
eric

Verona, WI

#7 Aug 27, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
No can't cut a QB today. We need Coleman to play on Thursday. He will get 'canned' after that and hope for the PS.
I remember you talking about Bostick and how you liked him. I doubt we trade him with the other injuries we have. At least not until after this KC game, makes no sense right now. I think he will get a long look to make the roster.
I suppose we should keep Coleman for Thursday vs KC and let him play a quarter or 2 and Young play the 1st and 2nd with the starters and 2nd string..
GBPmies

Finland

#8 Aug 28, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>GREAT CALL ON YOUR PART!
You hit it. Worthy,Sherrod,Richardson and Tretter are on the PUP list....Bulaga and Harris are on the IR as well as WR Kevin Dorcey and LB Jarvis Reed
Packers released Ramirez after Crosby hit all his FG today ( the king of camp,lets pray he hits them during the season).
HE also hit FG of 64 and 65 yards.Not bad,hes got the leg,hes just a head case,SO,maybe if he gets off to a good start,he may get something back.
I did ok here but really I read most of it somewhere. I will try and post again before we get down to the 53. That will be tough. You try it too and we can see how well we do. Every year I way off but is fun to try after following training camp and preseason to see what type of team we got.
GBPmies

Finland

#9 Aug 28, 2013
Eric, I see your cyber stalker is back and judges all of your posts quite negatively. I would just like to say again – Well done! I wished I pissed off someone so bad they would actually take time out of their life to chase me around the topix forum to “judge” all of my posts. How pathetic is that? As if anyone cares about the judging. LOL. Look at this thread. None of my posts are judged but all of your posts are. You must have schooled somebody and really hurt their feelings. NICE
And this thread is not even linked to any article either.

Do you have any guesses as to who it is? I wish I had a cyber stalker !!!!
GBPmies

Finland

#10 Aug 28, 2013
I think it is the little girl from Marshfield WI. Used to post under the name “FUNNY” but no posts under “YES”. You can tell that little one has some deseeded issues. Deep enough to chase you around. Plus it shows up mostly in threads only in the Packer forum. It hates Packer fans and in some sick way feels better with itself if it thinks it annoys others. Only someone living in WI that hates the Packers could have such anger is my guess. It can’t release it’s anger in real life, or it would get its head in the toilet again (which I presume happened a lot in HS) so it uses you online where it is safe. It also knows you are a regular so you will be around to help their venting.

You are also from WI so it is natural to choose you, you fit the general mold of what they hate and what causes them pain.

Chech out the
GB and SEA preseason thread... Same thing but it speaks.

The whole thing is crrrreeeeeeppppppyyyyy! LMAO.
sleep tight. LOL
eric

Verona, WI

#11 Aug 28, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
I think it is the little girl from Marshfield WI. Used to post under the name “FUNNY” but no posts under “YES”. You can tell that little one has some deseeded issues. Deep enough to chase you around. Plus it shows up mostly in threads only in the Packer forum. It hates Packer fans and in some sick way feels better with itself if it thinks it annoys others. Only someone living in WI that hates the Packers could have such anger is my guess. It can’t release it’s anger in real life, or it would get its head in the toilet again (which I presume happened a lot in HS) so it uses you online where it is safe. It also knows you are a regular so you will be around to help their venting.
You are also from WI so it is natural to choose you, you fit the general mold of what they hate and what causes them pain.
Chech out the
GB and SEA preseason thread... Same thing but it speaks.
The whole thing is crrrreeeeeeppppppyyyyy! LMAO.
sleep tight. LOL
I noticed that as well! I get a kick out of it.Usually if our resident Bears fan ( TB Bears fan, Pakluv, Packerha ker ect ) doesnt agree,he tries to rebuts my statement and we jab and break em off on each other all in good fun and fun of the rivalary,Viking fans seem to do the same thing,SO,im thinking your right.I wonder if it really pissed him or her off that i dont really give a shit either
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Aug 28, 2013
eric, how do you do it? I feel left out. I must not try hard enough to piss people off. I've always said that my biggest problem is I'm too nice of a guy! This kind of thing proves it.
eric

Verona, WI

#13 Aug 28, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
Eric, I see your cyber stalker is back and judges all of your posts quite negatively. I would just like to say again – Well done! I wished I pissed off someone so bad they would actually take time out of their life to chase me around the topix forum to “judge” all of my posts. How pathetic is that? As if anyone cares about the judging. LOL. Look at this thread. None of my posts are judged but all of your posts are. You must have schooled somebody and really hurt their feelings. NICE
And this thread is not even linked to any article either.
Do you have any guesses as to who it is? I wish I had a cyber stalker !!!!
Ive got one and you can have one too! Gives you something to shoot for!:) Thanks for the kind words,im pretty proud of it!
Thing is,i have no idea what ive said but apparently i really pissed him or her off at some point.
eric

Verona, WI

#14 Aug 28, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I did ok here but really I read most of it somewhere. I will try and post again before we get down to the 53. That will be tough. You try it too and we can see how well we do. Every year I way off but is fun to try after following training camp and preseason to see what type of team we got.
Very Cool! Ill give it a shot! Do you have any access to watching the game tom. night vs KC,that will give us a better feeling of who will be here.
Sadly,Mason Crosby ( it very much sounds like) will keep his job :(
On a good note,he hit FGs of 64 and 65 yards in practice Yesterday,so lets hope Captain Trainning Camp can actually do it during the season.
SO , the Packers have until Saturday and the game is Thursday Night,so thats a small window but very gool lets give it a shot
GBPmies

Finland

#15 Aug 29, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Very Cool! Ill give it a shot! Do you have any access to watching the game tom. night vs KC,that will give us a better feeling of who will be here.
Sadly,Mason Crosby ( it very much sounds like) will keep his job :(
On a good note,he hit FGs of 64 and 65 yards in practice Yesterday,so lets hope Captain Trainning Camp can actually do it during the season.
SO , the Packers have until Saturday and the game is Thursday Night,so thats a small window but very gool lets give it a shot
I have NFL Game Pass form NFL.com . I can watch all games as many times as I want to and rewind games and watch plays over and over. I think the archive goes back to 2010. It is only available to those outside the USA. It is really nice. I probably won’t watch the game tonight because it starts around 3am Finland time. I am off work tomorrow so I will watch it in the morning. It is kinda nice watching it after it is over because I can skip through the commercials.

I will try and put a list together on Friday of the 53 roster and those who will get cut. I will work on while I watch the game.

I have NFL Game Pass form NFL.com . I can watch all games as many times as I want to and rewind games and watch plays over and over. I think the archive goes back to 2010. It is only available to those outside the USA. It is really nice. I probably won’t watch the game tonight because it starts around 3am Finland time. I am off work tomorrow so I will watch it in the morning. It is kinda nice watching it after it is over because I can skip through the commercials.
I will try and put a list together on Friday of roster and those who will get cut. I will work on while I watch the game.

Btw
You might want to check but I think teams have to be down to 53 by FRIDAY. Maybe should get out a list of the 75 we have and start crossing guy off as the game goes on!:)
eric

Verona, WI

#16 Aug 29, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
eric, how do you do it? I feel left out. I must not try hard enough to piss people off. I've always said that my biggest problem is I'm too nice of a guy! This kind of thing proves it.
ITs a gift,,so being the mean guy i am and wanted to make everything OK,,,I judged you so you wouldnt feel left out! Hope you feel better :)
eric

Verona, WI

#17 Aug 29, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I will try and put a list together on Friday of the 53 roster and those who will get cut. I will work on while I watch the game.
I will try and put a list together on Friday of roster and those who will get cut. I will work on while I watch the game.
Btw
You might want to check but I think teams have to be down to 53 by FRIDAY. Maybe should get out a list of the 75 we have and start crossing guy off as the game goes on!:)
I was thinking that as well. Ill watch some of it ( although i thought i heard,then read it was Saturday) as there will be games on Friday as well,so everyone needs time to look at game film ect to make their respective decisions..
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Aug 29, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>ITs a gift,,so being the mean guy i am and wanted to make everything OK,,,I judged you so you wouldnt feel left out! Hope you feel better :)
Thanks, but it's not the same as having my own stalker.
eric

Verona, WI

#19 Aug 29, 2013
Im sorry,i tried
GBPmies

Finland

#20 Aug 30, 2013
I guess at Packers 53
25 Offense
25 Defense
3 SP Teams

Offense 25
QB 2 Rodgers and Young
RB 5 Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin, John Kuhn, Alex Green, and James Starks.
WR 5 Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarrett Boykin, and Jeremy Ross
TE 5 Jermichael Finley, Matthew Mulligan, Brandon Bostick, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor
Oline 8 Bakihtiari, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Newhouse, VanRotten, Taylor

Defense

S 4 Morgan Burnett, M.D. Jennings, and Jerron McMillian,

CB 5 Williams, Shields, Hayward, Hyde, House

OLB 4 Clay Matthews and Nick Perry, Andy Mulumba

ILB 5 A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, and Robert Francois Jamari Lattimore, Sam Barrington

DL 7 BJ Raji, Pickett, M Neal, D Jones, Wilson, Jolly, Daniels

SP Teams 3 Crosby, Masthay, LS Goode

For me it came down to 5 roster spots and these 7 guys left.

I ranked them in the order of importance in making the team

RB Kuhn, Kept him. I couldn’t bring myself to cut him. Not until one of the other RBs is trusted in pass blocking.
S Banjo – Kept him, not much depth at S and Burnett is injured right now.
TE Quarless – Kept him, Not too good in camp- had injuries, could cut him and keep DJ Williams. Like Quarless more though as all around player
ILB Barrington – Kept him, played a bit better than Manning (Could keep Manning and move him for PS)
OLB Palmer- Kept him, started playing better in the last 3-4 weeks. Could cut and go on PS too and keep D Moses
CB Bush – CUT- Purely Sp teams guy, Hyde might be able to take over his SP duties.
ILB Manning – CUT, weak camp didn’t hear much out of him.(See above)

This was tough towards then end, lots of tough choices, who knows what the Packers will do. They could try and squeeze some of these rookies I kept to the Practice squad and keep some more experienced players like Bush, Moses, Dj Williams, and Manning. But I also think TT likes to get rookies on the 53 man roster.

On the bright side it wasn't like I was at all struggeling to find guys to get on the roster. Pleanty of good guys getting cut that will catch on with other teams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Strange penalty stalls Cowboys and ... Jan 17 GoodPhartz 13
News Packers' Allison charged with misdemeanor drug ... Jan 11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings' plane slides off Wisconsin runway, stu... Dec 24 Go Blue Forever 1
News Packers beat Bears 30-27 after Rodgers' big pas... Dec '16 Reggie 8-6 1
News NFL: Packers snap skid by downing Eagles Nov '16 Dope in Denver 3
News Do the Packers have enough time to turn their s... Nov '16 humm 3
News Back home, Packers look to get timing back agai... Nov '16 Tanked Johnson 2
More from around the web