49ers Sign Nnamdi Asomugha, Illustrating Different Approach from Packers'

Apr 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Acme Packing Company

With San Francisco signing Asomugha and the Packers inking Loyce Means, you can see a clear difference in the standard operating procedures of each front office.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Apr 5, 2013
eric

Marshfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

You can but Thompson has done a nice job finding lesser known players..Tramon WIlliams was found the same way and was a great corner until he suffered that shoulder injury in 10
eric

Marshfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

and Ironically while the article shows the difference ( title wise,) Loyce Means ( with his blazing speed) if he proves Solid,he may be the reason Williams gets cut or traded to save cap space
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 3, 2013
 
I doubt Means does much but maybe he does. TW is our best cover guy even if still hurt. We have god CBs I dont worry about that position. TW, Hayward, Sheilds, House would all start somewhere else. If TW is able to get healthy and play like he did then he should stay at his current pay, or extend him but not for more $.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 3, 2013
 
eric wrote:
You can but Thompson has done a nice job finding lesser known players..Tramon WIlliams was found the same way and was a great corner until he suffered that shoulder injury in 10
Sheilds was found the same way too, undrafted. House was rd 4 pick.

My guess is Hayward will be the best of the bunch this year or or already was... but he will be the slot guy.
eric

Marshfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I can see Shields and House, Hayward in the slot,Williams getting cut back and this new guy being on the P.S. and Williams gone after next year.
I do wonder if TT signed this guy ( Means) if that means ( excuse the pun,,not intentional) hes staying back from corner in the draft. The kid runs a sub 4.4 and he has played a year in Hamilton so he has pro experience ( and their fields are much wider,so, more ground to cover).
Draft is up coming pretty quick now! a bit over 3 weeks,i cant wait,i love the draft,strategy, trades ect
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 4, 2013
 
Interesting how you build up a reach from the CFL if they are on the Packers, yet slam a proven coach from north of the border if they get hired by the Bears
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 4, 2013
 
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Interesting how you build up a reach from the CFL if they are on the Packers, yet slam a proven coach from north of the border if they get hired by the Bears
Yeah becasue the #6 CB on the Depth Chart is the same as Head Coach.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 4, 2013
 
#6 CB on the depth chart will soon be starting in the Pre AR Salary Dump version of the 2013-14 Packers
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 4, 2013
 
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Interesting how you build up a reach from the CFL if they are on the Packers, yet slam a proven coach from north of the border if they get hired by the Bears
and don't be such a baby about us ripping the CFL coach. You would do the same to Packer fans if they finished 3rd in the NFC N back to back, fired all coaches or they quit, and are starting over with a CFL Head Coach. Try and see the comical side of it, It is easy to see!!! Funny stuff! Com'on laugh a bit LBF! I mean he might turn out to be a great HC in the NFL, but for now it is just funny :)
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 5, 2013
 
You mistake me for PakLuv. I always laugh

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 5, 2013
 
GBPmies wrote:
I doubt Means does much but maybe he does. TW is our best cover guy even if still hurt. We have god CBs I dont worry about that position. TW, Hayward, Sheilds, House would all start somewhere else. If TW is able to get healthy and play like he did then he should stay at his current pay, or extend him but not for more $.
You left out my high school buddy jarret bush. Though I have a personal bias towards him I know be can't cover lol , but he's quite the special team player
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 5, 2013
 
I don't dislike Bush as much as most do as a DB, he has some cover issues but also made some great plays too (Super Bowl INT). He is good for depth and great ST player.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 5, 2013
 
GBPmies wrote:
I don't dislike Bush as much as most do as a DB, he has some cover issues but also made some great plays too (Super Bowl INT). He is good for depth and great ST player.
He's a great guy too. He has his football camp every summer here in my town, and since des bishop is from one town over, he is always there too. They do a lot for my area
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 5, 2013
 
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a great guy too. He has his football camp every summer here in my town, and since des bishop is from one town over, he is always there too. They do a lot for my area
Thanks for the inside info! That is nice to hear he is a good guy and is still involved in his communitiesí activities.

Thanks for the inside info! That is nice to hear he is a good guy and is still involved in his communitiesí activities.

btw-- it must be kinda fun now days being a 9ers fan... I never saw the whole Kaap thing coming and they are a pretty damn good team with a ton of picks this year. Looks like the 9ers will be tough for years to come. I hope my Packers can keep up and should be fun watching them try. I have no problem in saying Ďas of todayí the 9ers are the better team. The Pack have work to do but should still be a good team to challenge the rest of the NFL!

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 5, 2013
 
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the inside info! That is nice to hear he is a good guy and is still involved in his communities’ activities.

Thanks for the inside info! That is nice to hear he is a good guy and is still involved in his communities’ activities.

btw-- it must be kinda fun now days being a 9ers fan... I never saw the whole Kaap thing coming and they are a pretty damn good team with a ton of picks this year. Looks like the 9ers will be tough for years to come. I hope my Packers can keep up and should be fun watching them try. I have no problem in saying ¬Ďas of today¬í the 9ers are the better team. The Pack have work to do but should still be a good team to challenge the rest of the NFL!
Thanks man. SF took its lumps for a decade so it is nice to watch my team have success. I would be lying if I said I saw the Kaepernick success coming lol. The packers will always be a contender with Rodgers at the helm which should be for the next decade. I can see some great playoff battles between our teams for years to come
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 5, 2013
 
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks man. SF took its lumps for a decade so it is nice to watch my team have success. I would be lying if I said I saw the Kaepernick success coming lol. The packers will always be a contender with Rodgers at the helm which should be for the next decade. I can see some great playoff battles between our teams for years to come
Well then may the best team win, and then win the Super Bowl!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Packers' smaller defensive line holding up agai... Wed VikesFan 4
Green Bay Packers: Davon House on the prowl for... Wed Spielman 2
Colt Aug 19 eric 4
p.s. Aug 18 eric 1
Green Bay Packers: Tight Ends Will Produce Rega... Aug 14 Spielman 2
Is Jay Cutler ready to take his game to the nex... Aug 14 Spielman 2
Traded Aug 13 eric 4

Search the Green Bay Packers Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••