Oakland Raiders: Cut Of Matt Flynn Ca...

Oakland Raiders: Cut Of Matt Flynn Causes Questions Surrounding Reggie Mckenzie

There are 14 comments on the Rant Sports story from Oct 8, 2013, titled Oakland Raiders: Cut Of Matt Flynn Causes Questions Surrounding Reggie Mckenzie. In it, Rant Sports reports that:

The Oakland Raiders have recently parted ways with incumbent quarterback Matt Flynn, due to a horrible performance two weeks ago against the Washington Redskins when he got the start in replace of a hurt Terrelle Pryor .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rant Sports.

Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#1 Oct 9, 2013
Questions? Answers is more like it
It is almost as if he intentionally sabotaged the Raiders with dead money
Ricardo Montalban

South San Francisco, CA

#2 Oct 9, 2013
Reggie is doing a good job, so Matt Flynn was a bust....what were Reggies options, we had no idea Pryor was the beast he turned out to be, so go Big Al....Raider Faithful be patient, next year we'll have a full budget and Reggie can go out and get proven talent (hint...Jarred Allen)....go RAIDERS!!!!'
Mr Raider

San Diego, CA

#3 Oct 9, 2013
Jared allen would be nice in that D-line with Houston! And im sure well draft a Dlinemen hopefully is a beast or something and our Dline will then be set! we have a deceny secondary we just need to fix our dline to pressure the QB!!. But as the looks of it now looks like we maybe wont snag Clowney, but who knows?. I just we draft someone who can be star for years for us.

Since: Jan 11

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Oct 10, 2013
Reggie is the one that cut him. I would be more concerned about a GM that couldn't recognize a mistake.
Flynnished

Houston, TX

#5 Oct 10, 2013
Ricardo Montalban wrote:
Reggie is doing a good job, so Matt Flynn was a bust....what were Reggies options, we had no idea Pryor was the beast he turned out to be,
Kind of a contradicting statement isn't it...didn't know Pryor was a "beast" because he failed to give him a shot or fair eval....went for a bust in Flynn...then tried to go for another bust in Freeman...
Captain Canada

Virden, Canada

#6 Oct 10, 2013
Flynnished wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of a contradicting statement isn't it...didn't know Pryor was a "beast" because he failed to give him a shot or fair eval....went for a bust in Flynn...then tried to go for another bust in Freeman...
Nobody predicted this type of improvement with Pryor including the beat writers (Corkran and MacDonald) who saw him everyday throughout training camp. His hard work on correcting his mechanics (with Brady's coach), has paid off in spades. He has been a very pleasant surprise even for guys on here like myself, who have always been Pryor supporters. McKenzie would have been negligent not to bring in competition at this position.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#7 Oct 10, 2013
i was always a supporter of t pryor too, but it's fair to say he wasn't really trusted to be a starter due to the fact that he couldn't pass the ball. he was a great runner with not so many good reads. threw int's and was unsure of himself. and actually, he didn't break out of his shell until sunday vs chargers. AND still?, we gotta see how he plays this sunday vs chefs. for me?, i liked pryor but to me he wasn't a true (qb) because he was a runner. nothing but a runner! and of course, i credit his hard working and hard studying that he finally looks like he may be that star (qb) we've been waiting for. why? because sunday, he became a "(qb) first", not just a runner. and, credit goes to mark davis for giving pryor a chance he deserved. this was not mckenzie's choice, this was mark davis telling mckenzie. "according to reports from inside writer, s cockran". and yes, it did suck that mckenzie brought in flynn and gave him the starting nod without giving pryor a shot at starting. pryor was the next man up, but neither mckenzie nor allen wanted to give pryor a shot. allen today tries to take credit saying he always knew he was going to be a good (qb). all pryor had to do was be confident in himself releasing the ball. that's it! i credit his injury and olson for pryor breaking out the way he did. i credit the injury cause that made pryor cautious about always running. and i credit olsen for probably telling pryor to play the pocket and throw the ball with confidence! either way it goes, all the crdit goes to pryor for his hard work that seems to have paid off! it was only one game, see what happens from here on. i support pryor just because he became a (qb) first!
RAIDERS 2013!!!!
Ricardo Montalban

South San Francisco, CA

#8 Oct 10, 2013
I know its early in the season, however Pryor brings a whole new excitement to Raider football that we havent had in years. Flynn was a gamble, and it didn't work, cant be mad at Reggie for taking a risk, but build around Pryor and learn our lesson from all this. I support Reggie, i support Pryor, and i support the Oakland Raiders...Go Raiders!!!.!
Flynnished

Houston, TX

#9 Oct 11, 2013
Captain Canada wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody predicted this type of improvement with Pryor including the beat writers (Corkran and MacDonald) who saw him everyday throughout training camp. His hard work on correcting his mechanics (with Brady's coach), has paid off in spades. He has been a very pleasant surprise even for guys on here like myself, who have always been Pryor supporters. McKenzie would have been negligent not to bring in competition at this position.
But then why such a huge interest in Freeman at the time he became available....and articles stating they were planning to give him a shot at starting....seems to me after beating the Chargers there would be no need for continued competition at the position...which makes me question there motives and shows lack of trust in a guy who is better than Freeman was to begin with....

Its more than just wanting to bring in a "solid" back up....
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#10 Oct 11, 2013
Pryor trades sweaty jockstraps for PED's and tat's

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#11 Oct 11, 2013
by the way, congrats on your win lbf. team looked good!
but anyhow, back to freeman,, this guy was coming in here because there was lil doubts after pryor's injury. freeman wasn't coming in here to take over? all though, i believe that if pryor had gone down for some time, he would have been a safe bet to hire "as a backup". but it's important to have a good backup (qb). everyone is afraid of competition! there is no doubt pryor would have gotten back his starting job.
look, pryor only got better this last game vs chargers. in this game alone, he showed he is the starter. he showed and proved to the coaches he finally is ready to take over. now he has to continue playing at that level what he showed vs chargers. big tests for pryor from here on! freeman was no threat but if pryor would have continued to play the way he has in the past before the charger game? "i" would have been asking for freeman!? it all worked out in the end. freeman is not here and pryor stepped up to the plate! now i don't care what freeman does. GO RAIDERS!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#12 Oct 12, 2013
Its the way football should be...The best players play & the ones that don't cut it get cut
Freddy

United States

#13 Oct 12, 2013
Flynnished wrote:
<quoted text>
But then why such a huge interest in Freeman at the time he became available....and articles stating they were planning to give him a shot at starting....seems to me after beating the Chargers there would be no need for continued competition at the position...which makes me question there motives and shows lack of trust in a guy who is better than Freeman was to begin with....
Its more than just wanting to bring in a "solid" back up....
Why the huge interest? I think part of it is Freeman's agent creating a demand. As far as the articles, you can't always believe they are true especially when M. Silver is writing about the Raiders.
Flynnished

Houston, TX

#14 Oct 14, 2013
Some of them had official quotes from Greg Olson...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler throws for 221 yards, Bears take advanta... (Sep '10) Mar 21 BearsPhart 296
News Packers pay almost $1.5 million to buy city pro... Mar 13 PackersPhartss 2
News People's Forum (Jan '06) Feb '17 ThrowPhartings 2
News Vikings' plane slides off Wisconsin runway, stu... Jan '17 ChickenPhartz 4
News Packers' Allison charged with misdemeanor drug ... Jan '17 PossessionPharts 3
Why do the Packers suck? Jan '17 FranklinPharts 3
News The Latest: Strange penalty stalls Cowboys and ... Jan '17 GoodPhartz 12
More from around the web