Goodell to meet with 'bounty' players

Sep 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WETM-TV Elmira

National Football League Commissioner Roger Goddell smiles before the season opening game between the New Orleans Saints and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on September 8, 2011 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Perrish Cox

Littleton, CO

#1 Sep 12, 2012
Bounty?
The Quicker Picker-upper?
He's after me!
I'm going to hide
The Goodellfather

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2012
After the meeting with the players, there will Hennessy with the pimps...
Archie Bunker Manning

Miami, FL

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Call Dog the Bounty Hunter
Romney

Littleton, CO

#4 Sep 12, 2012
Archie Bunker Manning wrote:
Call Dog the Bounty Hunter
Nice. I hear he's looking for work
Tubing

United States

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Goodell to 'bounty' players meat...
Archie Bunker Manning

Miami, FL

#6 Sep 12, 2012
Romney wrote:
<quoted text>Nice. I hear he's looking for work
I hear his wife played DE in high school. She was a dark haired man back then.
Meathead

Littleton, CO

#7 Sep 12, 2012
Archie Bunker Manning wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear his wife played DE in high school. She was a dark haired man back then.
Mrs Jefferson?
Wheezie?
There is always a case of vaseline in their garbage can
Winfarts

United States

#8 Sep 12, 2012
Meathead wrote:
<quoted text>Mrs Jefferson?
Wheezie?
Oprah....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Sep 12, 2012
Is this the meeting when Goodell gets on his knees, begs the players forgiveness, kisses their butts, and begs them to drop the cases before he embarrasses the NLF and himself some more? Or is Goodell going to pay hard to get?
Badell

United States

#10 Sep 12, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
Is this the meeting when Goodell gets on his knees, begs the players forgiveness, kisses their butts, and begs them to drop the cases before he embarrasses the NLF and himself some more? Or is Goodell going to pay hard to get?
'Goddell will meet with the players sometime next week in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and that any punishment which will be handed out will take place after the meeting.'

Seems like a stupid CBA stipulation...fly up to my office just to say hello...then I will call you later with your punishment...
Donald Trump

Littleton, CO

#11 Sep 12, 2012
More like lines them up as nude men playing leapfrog making them ask for his permission
Pervfrogs

United States

#12 Sep 12, 2012
Donald Trump wrote:
More like lines them up as nude men playing leapfrog making them ask for his permission
That...is just gross...lmao....

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#14 Sep 12, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
They want to cut a deal...without admitting guilt.
Birdcage

Littleton, CO

#15 Sep 12, 2012
Pervfrogs wrote:
<quoted text>
That...is just gross...lmao....
Senator's wife going "those look like boys playing leapfrog"
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Sep 12, 2012
packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text> They want to cut a deal...without admitting guilt.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if a deal has already been worked out. Goodell can't impose the same penalties because the judge will impose the TRO if he does especially after the panel ruled against Goodell and consistent with the Judge's comments so far. He can't do nothing because then he will look completely impotent. So he has this meeting and makes some statement about new evidence and/or the players being repentent and/or the interest of putting this behind, yada, yada, yada and he imposes some lesser penalty depending on the strength of what evidence he does have and he never has to reveal what that is. However, we will all know that how far he bends will depend on how much evidence he has.
normallylikeyell ow

Tyrone, PA

#17 Sep 12, 2012
Oh yeah, totally. He and Demaurice Smith have this thing cooked up already. Notice the players have all shut up? Gotta agree 100% GBP.

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#18 Sep 12, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if a deal has already been worked out. Goodell can't impose the same penalties because the judge will impose the TRO if he does especially after the panel ruled against Goodell and consistent with the Judge's comments so far. He can't do nothing because then he will look completely impotent. So he has this meeting and makes some statement about new evidence and/or the players being repentent and/or the interest of putting this behind, yada, yada, yada and he imposes some lesser penalty depending on the strength of what evidence he does have and he never has to reveal what that is. However, we will all know that how far he bends will depend on how much evidence he has.
I hate to say it but I agree with you on this one.
Leap Frogs

United States

#19 Sep 13, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nailed it...Goodell is one shady mofo....
Hells Goodells

Miami, FL

#20 Sep 13, 2012
The Goodell Witch Hunt has ended

Good for Vilma for standing up for himself
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#21 Sep 13, 2012
Leap Frogs wrote:
<quoted text>
Nailed it...Goodell is one shady mofo....
Yeah, that is his most notable quality. I actually agree with many of his STATED goals. The problem is that there are so many things that he says and does that convince me that he doesn't mean any of it. There are ulterior motives and agendas.

This is just one example. Goodell has made helmet to helmet hits (spearing) a centerpiece of his so-called new emphasis on safety. He has handed out many fines for such hits. I don't know if you saw this past weekend when offensive player, Trent Richardson, put his helmet down in a classic case of spearing and made helmet to helmet contact with defensive player,K urt Coleman, causing Coleman's helmet to pop off and fly about ten yards. I GUARANTEE that if a defensive player did that he would receive a HUGE fine and/or be suspended. No penalty was called and I'll bet any amount of money no fine will be levied. It's just b.s. to CLAIM you care about safety, but spearing by offensive players is okay. I played the game. It didn't hurt any less being hit by an offensive player. A cheap or illegal hit by an offensive player was as dangerous and caused as much pain and injury as one by a defensive player. As long as Goodell continues to have his actions diverge from his words I will never trust the shady sob. The Saints situation is just another situation (in a long list) that makes me distrust him. He has tied multiple issues together intentionally creating confusion in a way apparently intended to gain an advantage in litigation in unrelated matters. There is NOTHING about his actions that supports his claims of it being a player safety issue. In what way has any player in the NFL been made safer by imposing such excessively long suspensions against a mere 4 players, none of whom touched the players alledgedly targeted. If he REALLY wants to make a valid claim that it is safety related, the EVIDENCE must necessarily be presented. What does it do to increase safety if you never PROVE that you punished players that intended to injure other players. It might make a difference to some fans, but there aren't any players that will do anything different. Players have to be thinking that they run a risk of being unfairly singled out and punished no matter what they do. So who would change the way they play?

Take any other job: If 4 mortagage salesmen appeared to be arbitrarily punished because there was a sense that some mortgage salesmen must have done something wrong, do you think that would change the behavior of any other mortgage salesmen? But if specific evidence is presented against 4 mortgage salemen showing exactly what they did and why it was wrong, that might have an effect!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2014 Predictions: Green Bay Packers 8 hr Laughing Bear Fan 1
Can Packers' Eddie Lacy lead NFL in rushing? Sun Walter 12
Will Green Bay Packers' B.J. Raji be missed? Aug 29 Say Cheese 2
Forbes: Green Bay Packers fans are the best Aug 29 Spielman 24
Packers' Boykin making noise with his play Aug 27 Spielman 1
7 reasons Denver Broncos fans are really the 'b... Aug 25 Flatulence Fred 4
BJ Raji Aug 24 eric 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000