Vikes new stadium
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eric

Arpin, WI

#1 May 8, 2012
Seemed to have cleared the 1st big step in Minnesota.Good luck to them.The Vikes have to stay in the NFC North,moving them to LA just seems wrong in may levels,not just the LA Vikings,but,breaking up the NFC North/NFC Central and its history ect and for the Viking fans and folks in Minnesota,losing the Vikes will cost them a ton of income if they leave.KEEP THE VIKINGS IN MINNESOTA!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 May 8, 2012
The Minnesota legislature unilaterally upped the Viking contribution by 105 million dollars. If Wilf is unable or unwilling to pay an extra 105 million dollars, Minnesota can say goodbye to the Vikes.

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 May 8, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
The Minnesota legislature unilaterally upped the Viking contribution by 105 million dollars. If Wilf is unable or unwilling to pay an extra 105 million dollars, Minnesota can say goodbye to the Vikes.
Vikes are not going anywhere, anyone that thinks is a fool. Then again packer fans paid $250 because they thought packers could leave GB.
eric

Arpin, WI

#4 May 8, 2012
Chicago fans pay 3,500.00 PSL because they thought they would see a real NFL team.
Packer fans paid 250.00 to help the team without an owner and deep pockets to expend and keep prices down,revenue within the state and community, and help them stay competitive for years to come and to keep a Championship within reach ( hopefully)
eric

Arpin, WI

#5 May 8, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
Then the question is,does Wilf want to keep the Vikes in Minnesota OR does the NFL have an interest in bringing the Vikes to the 3rd or so biggest market.

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Location hidden

#6 May 8, 2012
eric wrote:
Chicago fans pay 3,500.00 PSL because they thought they would see a real NFL team.
Packer fans paid 250.00 to help the team without an owner and deep pockets to expend and keep prices down,revenue within the state and community, and help them stay competitive for years to come and to keep a Championship within reach ( hopefully)
Prices down? The prices are average for the NFL.
eric

Arpin, WI

#7 May 8, 2012
Yep ( but im pretty sure they are a bit lower then the NFL average but with that said) and with no deep pocket owner.Imagine if GB didn't sell stock for or do a couple of expansions of Lambeau field how much more tickets would be?

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Location hidden

#8 May 8, 2012
eric wrote:
Yep ( but im pretty sure they are a bit lower then the NFL average but with that said) and with no deep pocket owner.Imagine if GB didn't sell stock for or do a couple of expansions of Lambeau field how much more tickets would be?
NFL average. And since you don't get a seat and have to sit on a board ...same price no seat.
eric

Arpin, WI

#9 May 8, 2012
I believe thats only in the end zones though.Its still one of the more beautiful and Classic stadiums in sports though.

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Location hidden

#10 May 9, 2012
eric wrote:
I believe thats only in the end zones though.Its still one of the more beautiful and Classic stadiums in sports though.
It is, and it was beautiful the last game that was played there, with the fans booing,great weather,etc.haha Aaron Rodger Day? only in wisconsin.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 May 9, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Then the question is,does Wilf want to keep the Vikes in Minnesota OR does the NFL have an interest in bringing the Vikes to the 3rd or so biggest market.
If Wilf is a good businessman he will consider his options. No businessman worth a crap would let a legislature stick them with a bad deal.
eric

Arpin, WI

#12 May 9, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
If Wilf is a good businessman he will consider his options. No businessman worth a crap would let a legislature stick them with a bad deal.
NO,he wouldn't and he shouldn't since its his Millions he spending but moving the Vikes?
eric

Arpin, WI

#13 May 9, 2012
packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text> It is, and it was beautiful the last game that was played there, with the fans booing,great weather,etc.haha Aaron Rodger Day? only in wisconsin.
They didnt boo anymore then the fans crying on WSCR when the Packers beat Chi twice in 4 weeks and not only made the playoffs but knocked Chi out of the SuperBowl.I recall many Bear fans booing.

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Location hidden

#14 May 9, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text>They didnt boo anymore then the fans crying on WSCR when the Packers beat Chi twice in 4 weeks and not only made the playoffs but knocked Chi out of the SuperBowl.I recall many Bear fans booing.
That was two years ago....lol I would be a little more worried about the Bears this year! Packers ever get a running game yet? Back-up QB?

“DA BEARS FAN!”

Location hidden

#15 May 9, 2012
eric wrote:
I think all the seats are boards and no seats.
GBPmies

Finland

#16 May 10, 2012
packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text> That was two years ago....lol I would be a little more worried about the Bears this year! Packers ever get a running game yet? Back-up QB?
I think can not help but think that you envy the Packers because of all the success they have and how the team is been put together for many more years of success. Especially after the Bears hasn’t done much of anything since the 80s.

I think the Packers should watch out for the Bears too, after all the new GM was given a mandate to “Catch the Packers”.

Why is such a mandate needed? Well because that is what happens when your team continuously proves they are not on the Packers level and just can not keep up! It is pretty much admitting that the Bears are not as good as the Packers and they want to be like the Packers…successful.

The Bears have also proven to be less than mediocre the in last 15 years. I guess running a team with a salary cap has really hurt the Bears chances of success. BTW, I wonder what the playing surface in Soldier Field will be this year? Even the Bears players bash it! How hard is to make a decent playing field anyway?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 May 10, 2012
packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text> I think all the seats are boards and no seats.
I can see why that would be a big deal -- to you. Bear fans spend most games sitting on their fat asses because the Bears don't give them much reason to stand and cheer. You blobs should install recliners and catch up on your sleep during Bear games. The McCaskey's could afford it with those $3500 PSL fees they charged per seat. Ha ha sucker!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 May 10, 2012
eric wrote:
The Packers, Lambeau Field, and our affordable ticket prices are the envy of the NFL. That is why there are always some jealous trolls on this forum. The NFL record number of Championships probably is a factor in all of the jealousy also.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 May 10, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text>NO,he wouldn't and he shouldn't since its his Millions he spending but moving the Vikes?
NFL owners make billions from the NFL every year. I certainly don't expect any city to write a blank check for an NFL team. I applaud Minnesota and Minneapolis for standing their ground. However, I hope they don't end up pushing a bit too far. It wouldn't be the first time that Minnesota made that mistake. The Viking-Packer rivalry is something I don't want to see altered by a Viking move.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#20 May 10, 2012
The final bill has the Wilfs paying about half and they are reportedly onboard with that amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Strange penalty stalls Cowboys and ... 9 hr GoodPhartz 13
News Packers' Allison charged with misdemeanor drug ... Jan 11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings' plane slides off Wisconsin runway, stu... Dec 24 Go Blue Forever 1
News Packers beat Bears 30-27 after Rodgers' big pas... Dec 18 Reggie 8-6 1
News NFL: Packers snap skid by downing Eagles Nov '16 Dope in Denver 3
News Do the Packers have enough time to turn their s... Nov '16 humm 3
News Back home, Packers look to get timing back agai... Nov '16 Tanked Johnson 2
More from around the web