Could Josh Freeman join the Packers?

Oct 3, 2013 Full story: WTMJ-AM Milwaukee 21

Green Bay Packers' Cullen Jenkins bats a pass from Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Josh Freeman in the 1st qaurter at Raymond James Stadium, Sunday November 8, 2009.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eric

Monroe, WI

#1 Oct 3, 2013
If hes better then Senaca Wallace and wouldnt mind sitting on the bench when the time comes,why not.
eric

Monroe, WI

#2 Oct 3, 2013
Obviously,who knows,but its a change of pace for a bit conversation wise.He just may fit in with Minn,as hes at least better then either qb they currently have
GBPmies

Finland

#3 Oct 4, 2013
I wouldn't mind him as a back up. We could do worse. Flynn is 3rd string in OAK. I wouldn't mind him returning either. Either way thy better come cheap or it ain't happening
eric

Monroe, WI

#4 Oct 4, 2013
IT kind of sucks to be Matt Flynn at this point.2 great games played in GB,he was able to break the bank for a little while before getting traded and im sure redo his deal but getting paid to ride the pine ( well,maybe its not as bad as we think)
Benchriders on the Storm

Miami, FL

#5 Oct 4, 2013
Riding the bencg in Green Bay sucks. He'll freeze his ass off during the home games sitting on that frozen icy bench. He should've begged to stay in Tampa. The bench is much warmer, and he could get a suntan (or maybe not).
Tim Tebow

Denver, CO

#6 Oct 4, 2013
The benches were warm in NYC last year....errrr warmed by me
GBPmies

Finland

#7 Oct 6, 2013
eric wrote:
IT kind of sucks to be Matt Flynn at this point.2 great games played in GB,he was able to break the bank for a little while before getting traded and im sure redo his deal but getting paid to ride the pine ( well,maybe its not as bad as we think)
It sounds that OAK has a lot of interest in Freeman. Maybe they will then release Flynn and the Packers can have him back as thier back up QB. I would be very happy with that. He looked very good in his limited action and knows the offense very well. He may be looking for a team where he could start but so far he is 0-2 after leaveing GB.
eric

Monroe, WI

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Buffalo just lost a qb so Freeman maybe heading their as well.I wouldnt mind Flynn in GB either.Easy paycheck ( although it must suck not to play) but so far Flynn has proven not to be a teams starting qb but if AR ever got injured and missed a few weeks,Flynn could handle that better then many backups6271

Since: Feb 13

Marinette, WI

#9 Oct 6, 2013
He's a Viking now.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9784092/jos...

Not a bad move.
GBPmies

Finland

#10 Oct 6, 2013
Good move for the vikes. I was hoping Ponder would be their starter forever.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Oct 7, 2013
answerman75 wrote:
He's a Viking now.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9784092/jos...
Not a bad move.
Yeah. The Vikings already created a HUGE quarterback controversy. What difference will it make adding one more QB to the mix?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Oct 7, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
Good move for the vikes. I was hoping Ponder would be their starter forever.
Don't count out Ponder! I've heard from a lot of Viking fans. Many seem to think that Ponder is on the verge of greatness. In fact, I think some believe he is already there. You know, because the Vikings beat the Packers once. I do agree that that is a very good measure of greatness!
eric

Monroe, WI

#13 Oct 7, 2013
He is a better qb then Ponder ( at this point ),so i agree with answerman, nice move on their point.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Oct 7, 2013
eric wrote:
He is a better qb then Ponder ( at this point ),so i agree with answerman, nice move on their point.
Apparently, you haven't talked to many Viking fans. Ponder is great! ROFLMAO As if the QB controversy in Viking land wasn't going to be bad enough. Now they have added a Ritilan riddled problem child to the mix. The Vikings are a better soap opera than football team.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#15 Oct 7, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you haven't talked to many Viking fans. Ponder is great! ROFLMAO As if the QB controversy in Viking land wasn't going to be bad enough. Now they have added a Ritilan riddled problem child to the mix. The Vikings are a better soap opera than football team.
Favre will soon be forgotten in MN as soon as Freeman sexts dik-pics all over the virtual world
Spielmanfarts

United States

#16 Oct 7, 2013
Vikings only were about $2.5 million under the salary cap...so lets spend it on another worthless QB....
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#17 Oct 7, 2013
Can't imagine a more worthless QB opening a fully taxpayer funded worthless stadium
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Oct 7, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Favre will soon be forgotten in MN as soon as Freeman sexts dik-pics all over the virtual world
Are you saying that Farve hasn't been forgotten in MN? Why is that? From what I hear from Viking fans, Christian Ponder would have made them forget about Farve long ago.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Oct 7, 2013
Personally, I'm glad tht the Packer didn't sign Freeman. The Packers don't need a Ritilan connection asmuch as the Vikings! Anything to wake up the Vikings, right?
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#20 Oct 7, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I hear from Viking fans, Christian Ponder would have made them forget about Farve long ago.
Viking fans suffer from dementia so they have already forgotten about Favre
Then again
They have already forgotten they have never won a championship either
The formula for being a Viking fan is
WHY REGRET WHEN YOU CAN FORGET

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the Green Bay Packers draft Jesse James? 16 hr Burp 27
Packersa Jarrett Bush arrested for public intox... Mon mike tirico 2
Update Mon eric 1
Green Bay Packers Mock Draft 2.0: Full 7-Round ... Mon Spieldunce 3
After nine seasons, Packers cut linebacker A.J.... Feb 27 Joey Buttafuko 1
Davon House: What will the Green Bay Packers do... Feb 27 VelcroFly 2
Thank You Hawk Feb 26 eric 3
More from around the web