CongratsMorgan
eric

Verona, WI

#1 Jul 15, 2013
Morgan Burnett ( reportedly) is signing a 4 yr deal worth 24.75M.Congrats!
1 signing down,,many left
GBPmies

Vantaa, Finland

#2 Jul 17, 2013
Good signing and I'm we glad we have him locked up for the coming years. The price doesn't seem to be too bad either... 10th highest as a safety and he is still very young but also has plenty of experience. I wonder who will be next... Is there still room in the 2013 cap after this or does this signing about cover it? I have not seen the figures yet.
eric

Verona, WI

#3 Jul 17, 2013
Theres a few Million left.So they can add it to what Raji makes or someone.

Ive read where Ted wont resign Raji or Shields until after which makes sense.Shields basically had a solid half season and if Williams nerve in his shoulder is healed,then theres Williams,Hayward,House and a kid they drafted from Iowa who will have a year under.of course if any of them screw up Shields is back in.
There are nearly 15 players who will be FA and at least a handful of them will be gone with guys on the roster ( Alex Green,James Starks,,possibly John Kuhn,,Marshall Newhouse) to replace them..then theres MD Jennings who can be expendable if McMillan and Sean Richardson kick some ass and proves healthy..EDS ( i hope like Hell) is gone as well, so theres money to be had.
GBPmies

Vantaa, Finland

#4 Jul 17, 2013
eric I don’t understand why you are so down on EDS at C. He played pretty good when he got his shot there to be the starter and he can play better than Saturday did. I am going to have to say that I think EDS and his play will change your mind about him this season. I think he will be the Packers C for at least the next few years.
GBPmies

Vantaa, Finland

#5 Jul 17, 2013
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/...

Not bad on the yearly cap hit for MB! I have no problem with the Pack paying high amounts of guaranteed money to some good players to keep the cap hit lower. As we have seen the Packers are making BIG money!!!!
Go Pack!!

Remember all those rival fans “attempting” to talk smart about how the Pack can’t afford to pay any other players after Rodgers contract, but have managed long term contracts with 2 of their top defenders and still have room left for others…. This year?
Sure some Packer FAS will stay and some will go over the years as always, but I am not worried about the cap and losing out on good home grown players. It is bound to happen when are successful at developing so many talented players…. You can’t pay everyone ;)
eric

Verona, WI

#6 Jul 17, 2013
Thats a great list.His cap number isnt to bad,,Dead Money sucks the first few years,but,im sure he will be around unless he gets injured but contracts arent guaranteed .
Ive never been high on EDS..We haven't been able to run up the middle since Wells (obviously not to long ago but).
I do remember the others saying GB wont sign anyone and AR and CM will eat all the cap ect,but, yet, TT is finding a way to get it done,once again proving GB is STILL one of the best managed teams in the league and with record profits so they should be hanging around for some time.Hopefully Lacy,Franklin and Harris will kick it enough that Starks an Green will both go after 13.. Nope you cant pay them all and a salary cap is supposed to let shitty teams get better,upper teams fall back ect and the Packers have had a nice run as of late and i believe the best team within the Div. since the cap era started
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#7 Jul 18, 2013
Big M little organ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jets' touchdown-turned-touchback clear to NFL h... 18 hr Fart menu 2
News Packers' QB Aaron Rodgers could miss rest of se... Mon Discount bone break 2
News Vice President Mike Pence stands during the pla... Oct 9 Fart Alert 4
News Packers legend Brett Favre reveals he wanted to... Oct 4 Phart Raiders 3
News 10 Things to Know for Today Sep 29 Raiders pharts 3
News Packers players say team, coaches, staff will l... Sep 28 VikkingzPharttx 14
Why do the Packers suck? (Jan '17) Sep 28 Belch 6
More from around the web