Paying out the ass!!
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#1 Mar 30, 2013
With tony romo's deal the packers will now be paying out the ass for Rodgers. Wow it's going to be very very expensive!
eric

Vesper, WI

#2 Mar 31, 2013
They already have an idea of what AR deal will be. Romos deal wont have anything to do with it.
ITs just a matter of crossing Ts and dotting I's now with Rodgers deal.
24-25M per year and a cap number of around 16M is what they are saying and it may only be a day or 2 away,OR it could be finally done by end of camp.Who knows but it will get done from what they are saying.
It will be very expensive,but, thats the cost of having the best qb today.
Happy Easter!
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#3 Mar 31, 2013
eric wrote:
They already have an idea of what AR deal will be. Romos deal wont have anything to do with it.
ITs just a matter of crossing Ts and dotting I's now with Rodgers deal.
24-25M per year and a cap number of around 16M is what they are saying and it may only be a day or 2 away,OR it could be finally done by end of camp.Who knows but it will get done from what they are saying.
It will be very expensive,but, thats the cost of having the best qb today.
Happy Easter!
happy Easter, I think it's out of control paying all these millions of dollars to one player on a team. There is no way it doesn't hurt a team . These divas that want to be or demand to be the highest paid player in the league are full of themselves. It's all about them.
GBPmies

Finland

#4 Mar 31, 2013
Packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text> happy Easter, I think it's out of control paying all these millions of dollars to one player on a team. There is no way it doesn't hurt a team . These divas that want to be or demand to be the highest paid player in the league are full of themselves. It's all about them.
Happy Easter eric and packluv!

Hard to disagree with what you said packluv. I suppose they think they earned it and should be paid. But if that comes at the expense of the team not getting any shot at a NFL Championship then they should be sent packing. For the fans it is a being able to win the Super Bowl, that may not happen every year but you at least hope your team is competitive enough to make a realistic strong push. If one player’s salary interferes with that they should not be paid! That includes Rodgers. This is one of the ultimate team sports. If the Packers cannot have a legit shot at winning the Super Bowl with his crazy soon to be salary then they shouldn't do it. IF they can be competitive every year and challenge for the Super Bowl then great!
GBPmies

Finland

#5 Mar 31, 2013
That being said, I think the way the Packers run the franchise with their ‘draft and develop system’ they can pay Rodgers and few others big contracts and still keep a strong roster intact.
eric

Vesper, WI

#6 Mar 31, 2013
The Packers 1 of a few that can get away with it.Id like to see AR get 22M,story is 25M,it would be nice to see him leave a bit on the table for help
MY Worry is.
Let say ( for argument) Bulaga takes over LT and is a probowl caliber LT.Do you think BB will play LT at 5M per year where he is now? I seriously doubt it
IF the kid in Baltimore is getting 20M,Romo is at 18M Rodgers should get 22-25M and seeing as next year Finley will be gone,Tramon WIlliams will prob be, gone, Hawk id think will be since they have 5ILB who are younger and will get better,IF Sean RIchardson is as good as advertised, Morgan Burnett ( FA after 13) will prb. be gone as well and Mason Crosby very well may lose his kicking job freeing up 2.3M and in all my examples GB wont lose much as the backups in every case almost are younger and may very well be better.
After that,id think AR cap number will drop to a reasonable amount so guys can be signed.
Ill say this.IF AR gets 25M like advertised,GB better either win another SB in the next few years,OR AR should give a bit back so GB can sign more FA or keep a key guy or 2.
Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan are coming up..ATL just missed the SB,so i can see M.R. getting close to what GB is giving AR,,Cutler is another story.Chicago isnt even talking to him at this point ( that i heard of) and the guys in CHicago sports station mentioned that fact recently,SO,im not sure if Cutler is wanted,Maybe Chicago has no cash to pay him? Brandon Marshall likes the guy so that may lean on Cutlers side..NO WAY he gets AR money but then again if Romo can get 18M,,who knows. I can only imagine if AR gets 22-25M,,what will Andrew Luck,RG III and Wilson in Seattle get when their rookie deals are done,with salaries going up and the mobile QB taking over
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#7 Mar 31, 2013
Bears don't need to be taking to cutler right now. That time will come. I'm just talking in general I think it's just crazy the amount of money Qb's are getting these days. It also bothers me players demading to be the highest paid in the league. . It just doesn't make it a team sport at that piont and just seems selfish. Cutler has already said Brandon Marshall and him have talked and both said they have made more money in this league then they would ever need and both would take less money in the future so money could be spent on the team.
eric

Vesper, WI

#8 Apr 1, 2013
I agree.This quickly becoming a pass first and QB league for sure.IM HOPING the report of 25M is a bit wrong OR AR feels honored to be offered 25M ( rumored) takes 22M OR down the line takes a reno. of his deal if the Packers are back in cap trouble or whatever.
NOW, the good news for Packer fans.His current contract stays ( to a point,from what ive heard,,in other words,if AR gets a 6 year deal,hes in GB another 8 years as he has 2 years left) SO GB can shift part of his new deal onto his current 2 years left so they can make his 9.5cap number this year into 20M,eat 10.5M of the 19M they have left.Another good thing,GB has a few FA after 13 where replacements are here already ( so timing is everything) it worked out almost perfect timing wise and TT ( who hates to push caps into the future) will front load alot of it.
I do get your point.1/5th of the cap going to 1 player but if your going to do that a Great QB like Aaron Rodgers is a logical place to start ( although im still not crazy about 25M,i do wish it was 22M or so.Flacco is at 20M,AR can make his point at 22M,so can GB but GB is offering 25M,so,who knows).Ive heard talk of AR wont hold out,wants to stay in GB for his career ect,GB just wants to get it done and like ive said,the timing is perfect,which so much cap space now ( to front load) and next year with Finley off the books and a few other guys who should be expendable ( hopefully it works out that way but TT rate of success has been more often then not)
greed

Marshfield, WI

#9 Apr 1, 2013
nfl net. reports gb and gay boy are 2 mill. apart per year. so much for team.
GBPfan

La Crosse, WI

#10 Apr 2, 2013
If the Packers and Rodgers can't reach a deal, perhaps the Vikings will sign Aaron.
GBPmies

Finland

#11 Apr 2, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
If the Packers and Rodgers can't reach a deal, perhaps the Vikings will sign Aaron.
Probably a good chance of that in 7-10 years.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#12 Apr 3, 2013
The packers have petitioned the NFL to reduce roster size from 53 players to 34 in an attempt to sign Gay Rog however he won't agree to have any less than 50 teammates showereing at the same time
GBPmies

Finland

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
The packers have petitioned the NFL to reduce roster size from 53 players to 34 in an attempt to sign Gay Rog however he won't agree to have any less than 50 teammates showereing at the same time
The Bears have petitioned the NFL to let them leave the NFL and join the CFL so their coach can have a fighting chance at winning!

3rd place NFC North 2011-12 = Championship Caliber CFL team!
Baby steps!
GREEN and Mold

Lake In The Hills, IL

#14 Apr 3, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bears have petitioned the NFL to let them leave the NFL and join the CFL so their coach can have a fighting chance at winning!
3rd place NFC North 2011-12 = Championship Caliber CFL team!
Baby steps!
The packers have petitioned the NFL to stop all playoff games due to the fact they keep embarrassing themselves in the post season! Please don't listen to the packers because it's been a blast watching them get blown out the last few years!
GBPmies

Finland

#15 Apr 4, 2013
GREEN and Mold wrote:
<quoted text> The packers have petitioned the NFL to stop all playoff games due to the fact they keep embarrassing themselves in the post season! Please don't listen to the packers because it's been a blast watching them get blown out the last few years!
I am sure all the Bears players and previous coaches (that got fired or just quit) thought it was a blast watching from home too, and I bet they think it is blast missing the post season for the 2nd yr in row, finishing 3rd back to back in the NFC North will do that to ya. So far the Bears mandate to catch the Packers is a comlete failure :) It is blast watching them choke in the regular season and seeing them miss the post season. At least their fans think they are good though.... but maybe this year the baby step bears will prove thier fans right for a change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: GM assigned to new role with Packers Jan '18 Bleeds Purple 1
News Brett Hundley's Top 5 Plays | Week 7 Dec '17 WelbyMD 3
News Fired Worked Charged In Lambeau Field Car Rampage Dec '17 Those Raider Farts 2
News Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers: Final i... Dec '17 Vikings farts 4
Another week of weak D Dec '17 Tom Bohm 1
Social Injustice VS Social Responsibility Nov '17 pgh 4
News Packers' Allison charged with misdemeanor drug ... (Jan '17) Nov '17 Fart Jogger 5
More from around the web