Larrivee: Packers getting better, refs got better despite missed calls

Oct 1, 2012 Full story: WTMJ-AM Milwaukee 117

Get all the news and information you need to start your day during Wisconsin's Morning News with Gene Mueller.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Larrivee has it right! Wow. Some news guys know what they are talking about. That's surprising.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#2 Oct 1, 2012
Larrivee is a hell of an announcer! I really enjoy listening to him!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#3 Oct 1, 2012
eric wrote:
Larrivee is a hell of an announcer! I really enjoy listening to him!
He used to announce for the cubs
just sayin
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Oct 1, 2012
I guess Larrivee isn't part of the media that some people claim are all in agreement that the Packers are in trouble. Unlike some people I use facts instead of false claims that all Green Bay media, Fox Noise and ESPN commentatos agree about the Packers being in big trouble.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#5 Oct 1, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>He used to announce for the cubs
just sayin
He was calling games for the Bears for a while there.He has been in GB since the early 2000s i believe.He and Larry McCarren make a terrific team for sure!
eric

Marshfield, WI

#6 Oct 1, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
I guess Larrivee isn't part of the media that some people claim are all in agreement that the Packers are in trouble. Unlike some people I use facts instead of false claims that all Green Bay media, Fox Noise and ESPN commentatos agree about the Packers being in big trouble.
I dont know if GB will be in trouble like last year ( they arent as bad defensively as last year) and concider it was N.O. but playoff teams can throw so it must be improved.I do love the blast from Aikman that N.O is the first good offense.I disagree how ever.SF and SEA both are pretty good offensively.Russell Wilson and Alex Smith are both pretty good qb's.
Folks critisized GB defense last year ( including me,i complained about giving up to many big plays) and big plays killed them,so i can see where folks do worry.Playoff team will throw the rock around and if they throw it around like they did yesterday,we may be in for a rough one.AR was able to keep up with most teams,but, NY got the best of us so,we just have to play better,plain and simple.
MNF Was Lame

United States

#7 Oct 2, 2012
Could be worse...Romo could be your QB...
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Oct 2, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know if GB will be in trouble like last year ( they arent as bad defensively as last year) and concider it was N.O. but playoff teams can throw so it must be improved.I do love the blast from Aikman that N.O is the first good offense.I disagree how ever.SF and SEA both are pretty good offensively.Russell Wilson and Alex Smith are both pretty good qb's.
Folks critisized GB defense last year ( including me,i complained about giving up to many big plays) and big plays killed them,so i can see where folks do worry.Playoff team will throw the rock around and if they throw it around like they did yesterday,we may be in for a rough one.AR was able to keep up with most teams,but, NY got the best of us so,we just have to play better,plain and simple.
This year we may find out if it's better to have one of the highest scoring offenses in NFL history combined with a bottom defense, like last year, OR a top ranked defense with an offense that isn't very productive, like this year. As I constantly point out it isn't about ONE side of the ball. Football is a TEAM game. The goal is end games with more points than the opponent, not to have a high rank for a certain part of the team. I'm confident the coaching staff will make progress improving the offense and defense. Hopefully, the Packers can get to the point where they were much of last season. You know, playing like the best team in the league.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#9 Oct 2, 2012
MNF Was Lame wrote:
Could be worse...Romo could be your QB...
Rex Ryan will trade next year's entire draft for Romo
Rexfeet Nostraden

Miami, FL

#10 Oct 2, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Rex Ryan will trade next year's entire draft for Romo
The only trades Ryan will likely be making are fantasy football league trades. I predict him to be chit-canned on Black Monday.

It turns out coaches with foot fetishes make crappy coaches.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#11 Oct 2, 2012
In Rex Ryans defense he doesnt have nearly as much to work with then thought
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Rexfeet Nostraden wrote:
<quoted text>
The only trades Ryan will likely be making are fantasy football league trades. I predict him to be chit-canned on Black Monday.
If Rectal Ryan is chit-canned it would only be appropriate for Josh McDaniels to come in and annoint Teblow as starter
eric

Marshfield, WI

#13 Oct 2, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
This year we may find out if it's better to have one of the highest scoring offenses in NFL history combined with a bottom defense, like last year, OR a top ranked defense with an offense that isn't very productive, like this year. As I constantly point out it isn't about ONE side of the ball. Football is a TEAM game. The goal is end games with more points than the opponent, not to have a high rank for a certain part of the team. I'm confident the coaching staff will make progress improving the offense and defense. Hopefully, the Packers can get to the point where they were much of last season. You know, playing like the best team in the league.
I guess the trick is balance.Although we can pick more SB winning teams with a good defense and a weaker offense then a strong offense and a weak defense,so if GB is going to teeter one way or another,this year,they got it right,ID rather be stronger on defense and we all know the talent they have on offense and they will get better,its just nice to see the defense playing better ( N.O. game sucked,SF want a whole lot better but SF was the 1st game).
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Oct 2, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the trick is balance.Although we can pick more SB winning teams with a good defense and a weaker offense then a strong offense and a weak defense,so if GB is going to teeter one way or another,this year,they got it right,ID rather be stronger on defense and we all know the talent they have on offense and they will get better,its just nice to see the defense playing better ( N.O. game sucked,SF want a whole lot better but SF was the 1st game).
Personally, I couldn't care less how the team is balanced as long as they win their last game of the season.
Toe Jam

United States

#15 Oct 2, 2012
Rexfeet Nostraden wrote:
<quoted text>
Jason Garrett has a foot fetish?
VA Gina

Miami, FL

#16 Oct 2, 2012
Toe Jam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jason Garrett has a foot fetish?
No, but he does suffer from a nasty vaginal yeast infection
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#17 Oct 2, 2012
VA Gina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but he does suffer from a nasty vaginal yeast infection
Hence the hole in the roof in Dallas
Constelation Romo

United States

#18 Oct 2, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Hence the hole in the roof in Dallas
And all this time I thought it was so Romo had something to look out through when he was on his back...
packer backer wichita ks

Wichita, KS

#19 Oct 2, 2012
eric wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the trick is balance.Although we can pick more SB winning teams with a good defense and a weaker offense then a strong offense and a weak defense,so if GB is going to teeter one way or another,this year,they got it right,ID rather be stronger on defense and we all know the talent they have on offense and they will get better,its just nice to see the defense playing better ( N.O. game sucked,SF want a whole lot better but SF was the 1st game).
What really bothers me is the 3rd and long situations and the Packers time after time rushing 3 people with 8 in coverage and still giving up the 1st down. That has to be fixed by the staff and players. Listen, everyone, this defense is better than last year. In the Saints game they gave up too many big plays which really hurt them last season eventhough they won 15 games. If that trend rears its ugly head we would be foolish to think the offense can respond as it did last season. Larrivee is right about the Packers improvement. We have 12 more games to see if it will get the Packers into the playoffs and to their ultimate goal.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#20 Oct 2, 2012
packer backer wichita ks wrote:
<quoted text>What really bothers me is the 3rd and long situations and the Packers time after time rushing 3 people with 8 in coverage and still giving up the 1st down. That has to be fixed by the staff and players. Listen, everyone, this defense is better than last year. In the Saints game they gave up too many big plays which really hurt them last season eventhough they won 15 games. If that trend rears its ugly head we would be foolish to think the offense can respond as it did last season. Larrivee is right about the Packers improvement. We have 12 more games to see if it will get the Packers into the playoffs and to their ultimate goal.
Can't have it both ways. Cuntler gifted a few INT's in the same formation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rodgers throws for 4 TDs, Packers beat Bears 38-17 10 hr Packher 11
Images: Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers 17 hr CuntlerVision 23
Green Bay Packers: Is Aaron Rodgers focusing to... Tue That Fart Guy 4
Rodgers carves up Bears defense in road win Mon Forestfarts 2
Packers offense vs Chi Sep 29 GBPfan 5
gb/chi Sep 29 GBPfan 5
Well Sep 28 GBPfan 122

Green Bay Packers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE