Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of ...

Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year

There are 25 comments on the LombardiAve story from Jan 27, 2014, titled Mike McCarthy: He should be Coach of the Year. In it, LombardiAve reports that:

We are in full swing of awards season and we're hoping Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is paying attention because I feel he should be at least nominated, if not selected to be the NFL's Coach of the Year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LombardiAve.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GBPmies

Finland

#21 Feb 5, 2014
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rivers had a higher completion percentage and QB rating than Rodgers in 2013. Nick Foles was even better with a whopping 119 QB rating.
My original comment was directed at Eric, as he proclaimed Rodgers to be the best QB, and that McCarthy should be in the running for Coach of the Year Honors.
Well, truth be told, Peyton Manning was MVP with 49 votes, with Brady garnering the only other vote. As far as coaches go, Rivera beat out Reid (now with the Chiefs), Pete Carroll (Seahawks) and Chip Kelly (Eagles) for the award.
Not a mention of either of Eric' picks.
Ah, the faint scent of homerism.
Tell me you wouldn't argue my assertion that Patterson should have been Rookie of the year?
That proclamation would be tested, and rightfully so.
We should really discuss all of the above separately or it just gets messy.

Patterson- You can make ‘a case’ for him as ORotY..the same with the other guys too. I didn’t see one for "Flashy P" but feel free. The experts probably went with someone with a full season of work and from my understanding Lacy was an easy choice in a year without a great choice for the award. Lets be honest it wasn’t a GREAT year for offensive rookies.
Either way Lacy and Patterson should become 2 very good additions to both offenses for very different reasons. If Patterson had played and been effective for the first half of the season (he wasn’t) then maybe he wins it. I do know the voters do have “some knowledge” about the game.

Rodgers- I have no problem if you “think” Foles or Rivers are better QBs than Rodgers. Please tell your friends.

Great “stats” from only 2013 to support it too. I can find “a few stats” to say Lacy is better than AD but it doesn't make it true. That being said I won’t get into a discussion about QBs who have been extremely inconsistent when Rodgers has been the opposite. You want to point out a ‘QB rating stat’ and use it against Rodgers career QB rating? I doubt it. Go check highest career passer rating…. actually go compare all the stats of your top 7 QBs for the past 3 years. Should be interesting to see.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#22 Feb 6, 2014
eric wrote:
Let me correct something 40..I did not state McCarthy should be COTY. I said he did a hell of a job ( read entry 3 and entry 10_) for all the injuries ect but i dont ness. think he should get coach of the year.. YES, i do think Rodgers is the best qb in the game today,its my opinion and i stand behind it 100%.If one wants to argue the point,thats great,it makes conversation and discussion ( as long as its peaceful and not a name calling fest which does no on any good).
You said that McCarthy shouldn't necessarily win COTY, which would be your true feelings IMO.
Rodgers is in elite company for sure, picking one over the other is mindless drivel, it will all be a matter of opinion weighted toward the home team.
I respect your opinion Eric, but I can't wait to start name calling.
eric

Monroe, WI

#23 Feb 6, 2014
Yea,,the heading here is " He should be coach of the year" correct?
I stated he did a hell of a job ( which he did) but no, he shouldnt necessarily win COTY.( it goes together here)
I still stand by my opinion about AR but that can be argued,matter of opinon(s) ect.
Are you expecting me to call you names?,,I wouldnt,i respect your opinion as well.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#24 Feb 6, 2014
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
We should really discuss all of the above separately or it just gets messy.
Patterson- You can make ‘a case’ for him as ORotY..the same with the other guys too. I didn’t see one for "Flashy P" but feel free. The experts probably went with someone with a full season of work and from my understanding Lacy was an easy choice in a year without a great choice for the award. Lets be honest it wasn’t a GREAT year for offensive rookies.
Either way Lacy and Patterson should become 2 very good additions to both offenses for very different reasons. If Patterson had played and been effective for the first half of the season (he wasn’t) then maybe he wins it. I do know the voters do have “some knowledge” about the game.
Rodgers- I have no problem if you “think” Foles or Rivers are better QBs than Rodgers. Please tell your friends.
Great “stats” from only 2013 to support it too. I can find “a few stats” to say Lacy is better than AD but it doesn't make it true. That being said I won’t get into a discussion about QBs who have been extremely inconsistent when Rodgers has been the opposite. You want to point out a ‘QB rating stat’ and use it against Rodgers career QB rating? I doubt it. Go check highest career passer rating…. actually go compare all the stats of your top 7 QBs for the past 3 years. Should be interesting to see.
My Patterson assertion was hypothetical, which proves the point. Eric, you, or I can (hope) our players win prestigious awards, but those smart and smarmy NFL know it alls didn't find them worthy.
When Goodell is threatened with a huge law suit forcing a three year aggregate QB rating, let me know. Evening out Aaron' last season with the two prior is in of itself, cherry picking stats.
QBs come and go, no reason to think next year will be any different.
My 5th would be Big Ben based on what he means to the Steelers.
If Foley turns in several fantastic years in a row, we should discredit his achievement last year?
Blasphemy!

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#25 Feb 7, 2014
Ray Rivard wrote the article stating that McCarthy should be at least in the running for COTY. Being an NFL Head Coach affords one that opportunity, so all 32 were in the running.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rip 9 hr eric 6
News Miami Dolphins: What will be the role of Greg J... 18 hr Spielman 10
News Wisconsin man thought he was going to die on Mo... May 16 tom wingo 8
Congats!!!! May 12 goatit 8
News A Brett is back in Green Bay: Packers nab UCLA'... May 5 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New pub coming to Lambeau Field May 4 tom wingo 11
GB pick is May 2 eric 14
More from around the web