Lions feast on powerless Packers in T...

Lions feast on powerless Packers in Thanksgiving triumph

There are 72 comments on the Detroit News story from Nov 28, 2013, titled Lions feast on powerless Packers in Thanksgiving triumph. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Once they figured out how to get out of their own way, they made relatively short work of the Aaron Rodgers-less Green Bay Packers, beating them 40-10 for their first Thanksgiving Day win since 2003.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
eric

Monroe, WI

#61 Dec 4, 2013
normallylikeyellow wrote:
<quoted text> Well unlike some people on here, I'm sure I'm not always right either! If you look back, we drafted Burnett for his ability to play the pass--and he's our leading tackler last season! Would be this season if he had played every game. So I hope you are right about Richardson. All I know is the Eric Reids and Eric Berrys start and contribute right away. Datone is okay, but we obviously need run stoppers. Daniels to me is the ideal sub-package guy--and we have alot of those. We need an inside 3 down guy next to Hawk imo. Our offensive line is no great shakes either. There's work to do. Good discussion, though.
I agree with you 100%,We do need a 3 down guy next to Hawk. Erik Walden,Brad Jones,Terrell Manning ( to a point)also Jamari Lattimore and Robert Francois all played there and no one really stuck ( Robert got injured and he did not look that bad there but the others,well.......
SO, will there be a 3 down LB Inside to play there.
Here is something to consider. and why im hoping they play Sherrod.IM hoping Sherrod can really impress at RT,( also getting Bulaga back next year as well although they tried him at LT,but Bahkatari has done a decent job at LT ( very good considering hes a rookie and is learning) and THIS one is a stretch but id like to see Lane Taylor play some RG and also impresses,maybe that reduces a position of need or 2 but what do we do with Lang if Taylor kicks ass at RG? Who knows,its a great problem to have and quite possible nothing to really worry about but....
normallylikeyell ow

Warren, PA

#62 Dec 4, 2013
Bahktiari has been a pleasant surprise. I'm not worried about having too many guards because Josh Sitton is approaching that pay level that the Pack doesn't pay. I'm beginning to wonder if Bulaga is going to hold up... I'm not down on Datone, I just think he's another situational guy. He will get bigger and improve, I'm sure.Remember Neal was drafted to play DE too.
My point earlier was that our championship defense had 6 or more playmakers. We're far short of that now. You can emphasize takeaways all you want, but if the guys aren't playmakers, it's not going to happen. Maybe our draft strategy should be: best play(mak)er available?
eric

Monroe, WI

#63 Dec 4, 2013
I do remember Mike Neal was a DE,,they said he had to add some weight ( hes a gym rat but at 290 or so,was a bit small) but instead he lost some weight ( so they can move him to OLB)..
Id like to see a few more plays by Nick Perry/Mike Neal to pressure both ends..Clay can not be the only LB to pressure the qb and make plays outside.
I read somewhere the writer commented Reggie White was 6 4 305..Datone Jones is 6 4 near 290 and will pack on a few more lbs in the next year or 2 as they bulk it up a bit,,,Im guessing he was trying to tell us Datone Jones can be another Reggie White( quite a stretch) BUT, he was right in that if D.J. can bulk up to 300-305 and add a bit of power/speed he very well can improve.
You make an interesting point about best available player..I would like to see them find that 1 player and target him and maybe actually sign a FA,,i know thats a stretch,esp this year with money being a bit tighter but maybe with the cap staying leveled off,salaries may be a bit lower as many teams are up against it.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#64 Dec 4, 2013
40for60 wrote:
You know, I hate to drag your Mom into this, but most people do faulter for not at least exploring the abortion option.
You got hHIM ON TILT 40..........hE'S ABOUT TO BLOW A GASKEt.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#65 Dec 4, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumbass, did you capitalize "Mom" because of that foolish decision you made to double down on your stupidity? You know, when you lied and said there is a rule for capitalizing random words in the middle of sentences? Congrats. Now have have tripled down on your stupidity! ROFLMAO Next time you make a fool of yourself (and there will a next time) simply admit your mistake. If you were confident in yourself you wouldn't need to pretend that you don't make mistakes. And you certainly wouldn't make the error of compounding your mistake over and over again. Grow up. Act like an adult.
Well, you've done it now, my eyes are bleeding.
Uncle!
You win
You are right
I'm impressed with your football knowledge, now please excuse me while I purge.
GBPmies

Finland

#67 Dec 5, 2013
eric wrote:
I do remember Mike Neal was a DE,,they said he had to add some weight ( hes a gym rat but at 290 or so,was a bit small) but instead he lost some weight ( so they can move him to OLB)..
Id like to see a few more plays by Nick Perry/Mike Neal to pressure both ends..Clay can not be the only LB to pressure the qb and make plays outside.
I read somewhere the writer commented Reggie White was 6 4 305..Datone Jones is 6 4 near 290 and will pack on a few more lbs in the next year or 2 as they bulk it up a bit,,,Im guessing he was trying to tell us Datone Jones can be another Reggie White( quite a stretch) BUT, he was right in that if D.J. can bulk up to 300-305 and add a bit of power/speed he very well can improve.
You make an interesting point about best available player..I would like to see them find that 1 player and target him and maybe actually sign a FA,,i know thats a stretch,esp this year with money being a bit tighter but maybe with the cap staying leveled off,salaries may be a bit lower as many teams are up against it.
I like D Jones and I think he will probably put on 10-15 lbs(get to around 300-305) in the next couple of years and will be much more than a situational player. I think he is built for a 3-4 DE once he gets a bit bigger and thicker along with some experience. He is pretty young right now and not many rookie Dlinemen make drastic impacts their first year. If the Packers draft in the middle of the Pack next year there are several good ILB and probably only one safety. Maybe go safety first but who knows at this point. If Rodgers gets shut down maybe they can sneak into the top 10.... if he comes back maybe at 25. I hope for pick 32!:)
eric

Monroe, WI

#68 Dec 5, 2013
He still has not been cleared by the Dr to play,so,im not feeling to optimistic at this second.It would be nice if they can actually win a game w/o him though.
Flynn is taking the snaps ( as the starter Sunday).
Jarel Worthy played a bit last week and has 4 games this year so we can see what he can do coming off the injury and an off season to work out and get into better shape,so he ( i would think) would be in the running PLUS TT traded up for him,so, im thinking the staff has confidence in him ( plus you dont want to just throw him away,as, players are coming back from ACL a lot quicker and healthy these day.)
SO, a def.line of Jarel Worthy,Mike Daniels,Datone Jones as,,,Johnny Jolly,BJ Raji,Ryan Pickett,CJ Wilson are all FA after this year.Heres to hoping ( ill say it again) Sean Richardson can play well and PROVE he is ( at least) Capable of playing FS ( how much can you prove in 5 games but)...It Just eliminates a need to spend a high pick on the FS Position ( if Richardson plays well there)
Players seem to fill out a bit from yr 1 to 2,so yea,Jones very well could hit 300+.I still love to see Worthy show some nastiness ( i was very high on him at draft time) He wasnt real impressive but was getting better when he got injured
Normallylikeyell ow

Warren, PA

#69 Dec 5, 2013
Can't disagree with either of you. It looks ok on paper. We've drafted a lot of defenders. These guys have got to step up.
eric

Monroe, WI

#70 Dec 5, 2013
It is some nice football chat for sure,you hit that one NYL.
Draft is in May this year..I do wonder if TT will try to sign a vet for the Dline (ala Ryan Pickett)
and draft his way to a ILB,Safety/corner
depth ( or actually a starter on the oline).We still have football left but fiqure another loss and its done unless they went 3-1 and Det suffered an EPIC collapse. Its still a long shot now ( have to win out the last 4 and Det has to lose at least 2) but another GB lose and ( again,unless an epic collapse by Det) and its prob. done.Chicago is in pretty much the same position,they got swept by Detroit.SO, Chicago is certainly in it as well,but, they need the same collapse by Det.
eric

Monroe, WI

#71 Dec 5, 2013
Normallylikeyellow wrote:
Can't disagree with either of you. It looks ok on paper. We've drafted a lot of defenders. These guys have got to step up.
I agree.Johnny Jolly ( so far) has earned a nice pay day.Id like to see more Jarel Worthy,he is basially still a rookie.Started slowly,improved a bit then tore the ACL,now hes back,played last week and hopefully gets playing time the final 4 games and proves his stay and an offseason to gain strength.Im sure there are more then a few positions up for grabs.I would like to think that cutting McMillan may be the boot in the ass some of the guys need to wake up and start playing football ( they really shouldnt need one but.) So id imagine there will be a few changes at least and i really hope Micah Hyde gets a start or 2 at FS, Richardson gets a start or 2 at both Safety positions, Sherrod gets the nod at RT, Lane Taylor gets a shot at RG..Lets let the young WRs have some playing time ( when or if they are eliminated)..
Normallylikeyell ow

Warren, PA

#72 Dec 8, 2013
I love it! Who steps up and makes a play? Jarrett Bush! Jersey is on its way eric.
eric

Monroe, WI

#73 Dec 8, 2013
Nice!!! MY Bush Jersey is coming!

Nice to see the Defense stop ATL in the 2nd half,esp. late and Det. with a kick return,punt return for TD,an INT return Deep into Philly territory,and they still lose so a 1/2 game lead for Det.
Did you see the end of the Minn/Baltimore game? 4TD in the final 2-3 Min.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Green Bay Packers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rip Mon eric 6
News Miami Dolphins: What will be the role of Greg J... Mon Spielman 10
News Wisconsin man thought he was going to die on Mo... May 16 tom wingo 8
Congats!!!! May 12 goatit 8
News A Brett is back in Green Bay: Packers nab UCLA'... May 5 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New pub coming to Lambeau Field May 4 tom wingo 11
GB pick is May '15 eric 14
More from around the web