Minnesota Vikings 2006 Draft Preview

Minnesota Vikings 2006 Draft Preview

There are 163 comments on the WHP-TV Harrisburg story from Apr 12, 2006, titled Minnesota Vikings 2006 Draft Preview. In it, WHP-TV Harrisburg reports that:

The trade of Daunte Culpepper to Miami gives the Vikings a shaky situation at quarterback, with 38-year-old Brad Johnson, career backup J.T. O'Sullivan, and Lions and Eagles washout Mike McMahon the only ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHP-TV Harrisburg.

voice of reason

Faribault, MN

#142 Apr 26, 2006
Hey Avant. I share in your QB woes... I'm not real comfortable with it. But let's allow for the possibility that we can play ball control offense, pound the ball, use our WR to spread the defense, then B. Johnson only has to take a couple shots down feild to keep defenses honest. If our defense and special teams can play solid we can win alot of games, who knows how far we could go... you know I wouldn't say it if it wasn't reasonable.
Avant

Las Vegas, NV

#143 Apr 26, 2006
voice of reason wrote:
Hey Avant. I share in your QB woes... I'm not real comfortable with it. But let's allow for the possibility that we can play ball control offense, pound the ball, use our WR to spread the defense, then B. Johnson only has to take a couple shots down feild to keep defenses honest. If our defense and special teams can play solid we can win alot of games, who knows how far we could go... you know I wouldn't say it if it wasn't reasonable.
We have a untested running back. No clear #1 receiver and a old quarterback. If we don't have a blockbuster trade, the viking will be in the bottom tier in offense. You think the defense is that good?
voice of reason

Faribault, MN

#144 Apr 26, 2006
We have made small improvements each year on improving our defense. I remember last year about this time I was real excited about signing Fred Smoot... One of my friends said,"forget about Smoot, Sharper was the better signing." I also wanted to see Derrick Johnson fall to us. Both of those guys didn't have very good year, but I think they'll bounce back. Anyway I think if we had a prolific LB it could make all the difference. I think that is the position we havent taken seriously in a long time.
voice of reason

Faribault, MN

#145 Apr 26, 2006
... my point is with a good LB our defense could be as good as the Bears and you remember how well they did with Kyle Orton!
farside

Miles City, MT

#146 Apr 26, 2006
My God Avant! I have never seen or a heard a Whinner as bad as you! Grow Up or Shut Up
Avant

Las Vegas, NV

#147 Apr 26, 2006
voice of reason wrote:
... my point is with a good LB our defense could be as good as the Bears and you remember how well they did with Kyle Orton!
That was ugly football.
Avant

Las Vegas, NV

#148 Apr 26, 2006
farside wrote:
My God Avant! I have never seen or a heard a Whinner as bad as you! Grow Up or Shut Up
So called whinners, get thinks done. When you talk about the viking, with your friends, don't you feel more educated.
childress

Brentwood, TN

#149 Apr 26, 2006
we are all thinking that your question applies to you.
Gonzo

United States

#150 Apr 26, 2006
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> That was ugly football.
Dear Avant,
I'm being more gentle than every one else here but, you are more concerned with winning being "pretty" or, "flashy" than just "winning." You once said that if the Vikings had a season like the Ravens the year they won, it would be "boring." Real Viking fans, who have never had that sweet taste of seeing their team run around the field with the Lombardi trophy would kill for a 7-3 superbowl win. Your real problem is, you wan't Dante, Moss, Urlacher, Preist Holmes, etc. etc. etc... to all be on the Vikes and win 100-0. I personally and, I hope all the other "football" fans out there, want to see a good "team" play for and, win the big one regardless of the "excitement" level. A superbowl win would make me pee my pants and, I haven't done that since I was in my 20's drinking grain alcohol!
Gonzo

United States

#151 Apr 26, 2006
O.K. I did it a little last week.
Slim

Saint Paul, MN

#152 Apr 27, 2006
A win is a win, they don't give out extra points for winning "pretty".
wmufan3

Wooster, OH

#153 Apr 27, 2006
no matter who they draft they still blow
KPBville

United States

#154 Apr 27, 2006
Gonzo wrote:
O.K. I did it a little last week.
Your honesty is refreshing, Gonzo.
lilsamster24

Toledo, OH

#155 May 16, 2006
Your website sucks balls!!!!!!!!
childress

Brentwood, TN

#156 May 17, 2006
lilsamster24 wrote:
Your website sucks balls!!!!!!!!
i'm sorry did you say you suck balls....YEP YOU DID...so now i'm really sorry for you...so we'll do to you what we do with all the rejects...and that is go to the dolphin forum..
vikings informer

Pomona, CA

#157 Jun 17, 2006
this just in!!! breaking news!!!!!! BEARS SUCK!!!!
vikings informer

Pomona, CA

#158 Jun 17, 2006
this just in!!!! breaking news!!!!!! LIONS SUCK EVEN MORE!!
Viking Dale

Reynoldsburg, OH

#159 Jun 17, 2006
vikings informer wrote:
this just in!!!! breaking news!!!!!! LIONS SUCK EVEN MORE!!
Don't forget the packers they suck too!
harry

Kuraby, Australia

#160 Feb 14, 2007
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> Alright Joey. Jacob would be good maybe in 3 years. The vikings defense is good now, so we need a quarterback now.
So so soooooo right.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#161 Feb 14, 2007
harry wrote:
<quoted text>
So so soooooo right.
That would be unless, we're grooming a young supersar qb. This guy one day will carry this team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Lions Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions fire Caldwell after four seasons Jan '18 Bleeds Purple 1
News Mississippi State names Penn State's Joe Moorhe... Nov '17 Mark Fart Davis 2
News NFL: Packers have lost three straight as Lions ... Nov '17 sniff a fart 2 4
Lions reaction to trumps comments Sep '17 Lindsay Mcdaniel 1
detroit lines... this is what i think of you gu... Sep '17 thomas lol 1
News Lions condemn 'any use' of logo at Charlottesvi... (Aug '17) Aug '17 AnyPharts 2
News Los Angeles Rams sign veteran quarterback Dan O... (Jul '17) Jul '17 RamsPharts 5
More from around the web