It's NFC North title or bust for Jim ...

It's NFC North title or bust for Jim Schwartz and 2013 Lions

There are 36 comments on the Pride of Detroit story from Dec 9, 2013, titled It's NFC North title or bust for Jim Schwartz and 2013 Lions. In it, Pride of Detroit reports that:

The Detroit Lions have two possible paths they can go down to finish the 2013 season: win the NFC North title or complete a colossal collapse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pride of Detroit.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eric

Verona, WI

#23 Dec 12, 2013
For fun,i looked up the stats on ESPN...Total offense..
Green Bay is 5th in the NFL
Chicago is 7th in the NFL
Chicago has thrown for just under 200 yards more
GB has rushed for a bit more
Chicago has more total points, Chi scores 28+ GB scores just under 25 per game but offensively GB is better ( and that is WITHOUT Rodgers and Randall Cobb as well as Finley ( Finley isnt a real big deal) Chicago has not missed any starter in a key spot except Cutler,so i would imagine with Rodgers in there,GB offensive numbers would dwarf Chicago's..
but
most important number is wins..Chi has 7 GB has 6 so far. 3 games left
GBPmies

Finland

#24 Dec 12, 2013
Packers owning the division? I guess it depends on what you mean by “own”. As Packers fans we think we own it because we have won it the past 2 straight years (following a Super Bowl Title). They also have had a beyond great NFC North record over the past 3 years. They have been pretty dominant over the rest of the teams and have had a great deal of success. But they have not won it by a land slide every year and it has been close with different teams but in the end the Pack have come out on top, which is not easy to do.

I can say this I think any of the other NFC North teams would have wanted to have the type of success the Packers have had in the NFC North the past few years instead of what they ended up with... which is about nothing.

I can also say this. If the Pack don’t win the NFC North I hope the bears do. They have played good under a new coach(s), many new players, through major injuries, and they broke Rodgers collarbone.... without them knocking Rodgers out for many weeks I think the Pack would have big lead in the NFC North by now. Besides I don't care much for the lions and thier coach and defense.
GBPmies

Finland

#25 Dec 12, 2013
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> I'll take Brandon Marshall or Ashton Jeffrey over any WR the packers have.
Both those WRs are great.
I think Nelson fits into their category as well, he has had a great year and has made phenomenal catches. Jeffery might be the best right about now the way he is playing in only his 2nd year. J Jones is not as good as them and Cobb is not the same type of WR as those big guys.

Marshal and Jeffery are probably one the best if not the best WR duos in the NFL.

Nelson, Cobb, and Jones are one the best trios though. I hope all five get to play vs each other week 17 for the NFC North title… I hope Rodgers and Cutler are there too.
eric

Verona, WI

#26 Dec 12, 2013
There is no doubt Jordy Nelson deserves to be up in the best WR cat
agory..Not flashy,he does it quiet but he puts up the numbers!Actually Randall Cobb should be up there as well
There is no doubt Marshall is a great WR nad Jaffrey is having a great year,,no one is arguing that but Chicago offense is better then GB was factually incorrect was my only point i had with P.H. and GB is doing it without the best qb in the league,arguably their best WR
and starting TE ( who is seems no one really likes but TT MM and AR and those 3 are the ones who count i guess).
GB WC in 09 and 10 Champs in 10, div winners in 11 and 12,GB has owned the divsion and is by far the most successful over the past recent years,that cant be argued and its their division until someone beats them for it,plain fact.Maybe its this year,maybe its not but winning it 2 years in a row and being the only team in the div to make the playoffs 4 years in a row,seem to me to be the dominate team.That may very well change in the next 3 weeks but until then.
eric

Verona, WI

#27 Dec 12, 2013
They are different type WR..Marshall and Jaffrey are bigger more physical type..
Nelson is tall but not real physical,Cobb is a smaller type deep threat type but as a whole there is no comparison,GB offense is better. Look at the injuries on Chi and GB offense and GB offense is still a better higher ranked team. Chicago offense is improved no doubt and they have done a real nice job but the old defense with the injuries and no depth have cost them.Chicago like GB have to improve the defense in spots for sure..Chicago lacks depth GB lacks starting caliber talent
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#28 Dec 12, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
Packers owning the division? I guess it depends on what you mean by “own”. As Packers fans we think we own it because we have won it the past 2 straight years (following a Super Bowl Title). They also have had a beyond great NFC North record over the past 3 years. They have been pretty dominant over the rest of the teams and have had a great deal of success. But they have not won it by a land slide every year and it has been close with different teams but in the end the Pack have come out on top, which is not easy to do.
I can say this I think any of the other NFC North teams would have wanted to have the type of success the Packers have had in the NFC North the past few years instead of what they ended up with... which is about nothing.
I can also say this. If the Pack don’t win the NFC North I hope the bears do. They have played good under a new coach(s), many new players, through major injuries, and they broke Rodgers collarbone.... without them knocking Rodgers out for many weeks I think the Pack would have big lead in the NFC North by now. Besides I don't care much for the lions and thier coach and defense.
I can't stand the lions either. I think if both teams were healthy the bears might have the lead in the division, with the new offense and if we had the defense heathy like last year... It would be a hell of a team. Packers defense is always been carried by the offense.. Who knows, next year if packers and bears stay healthy we might have some tight races for the division. Packers are not out of it this year yet,the bears diminished defense is horrible and might cost us the division. It will be a hell of a story if the packers make it to the playoffs.
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#29 Dec 12, 2013
eric wrote:
They are different type WR..Marshall and Jaffrey are bigger more physical type..
Nelson is tall but not real physical,Cobb is a smaller type deep threat type but as a whole there is no comparison,GB offense is better. Look at the injuries on Chi and GB offense and GB offense is still a better higher ranked team. Chicago offense is improved no doubt and they have done a real nice job but the old defense with the injuries and no depth have cost them.Chicago like GB have to improve the defense in spots for sure..Chicago lacks depth GB lacks starting caliber talent
bears are the second highest scoring team in the nfl. Our back up QB just won the offensive player of the week.
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#30 Dec 12, 2013
eric wrote:
There is no doubt Jordy Nelson deserves to be up in the best WR cat
agory..Not flashy,he does it quiet but he puts up the numbers!Actually Randall Cobb should be up there as well
There is no doubt Marshall is a great WR nad Jaffrey is having a great year,,no one is arguing that but Chicago offense is better then GB was factually incorrect was my only point i had with P.H. and GB is doing it without the best qb in the league,arguably their best WR
and starting TE ( who is seems no one really likes but TT MM and AR and those 3 are the ones who count i guess).
GB WC in 09 and 10 Champs in 10, div winners in 11 and 12,GB has owned the divsion and is by far the most successful over the past recent years,that cant be argued and its their division until someone beats them for it,plain fact.Maybe its this year,maybe its not but winning it 2 years in a row and being the only team in the div to make the playoffs 4 years in a row,seem to me to be the dominate team.That may very well change in the next 3 weeks but until then.
greenbay was the dominate team, those days seem to be over.
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#31 Dec 12, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Both those WRs are great.
I think Nelson fits into their category as well, he has had a great year and has made phenomenal catches. Jeffery might be the best right about now the way he is playing in only his 2nd year. J Jones is not as good as them and Cobb is not the same type of WR as those big guys.
Marshal and Jeffery are probably one the best if not the best WR duos in the NFL.
Nelson, Cobb, and Jones are one the best trios though. I hope all five get to play vs each other week 17 for the NFC North title… I hope Rodgers and Cutler are there too.
looks like fun the next few years, packers and the bears having great offenses!!! Nice to see the mandate to catch the packers is working!
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

#32 Dec 13, 2013
Packer hacker wrote:
<quoted text> looks like fun the next few years, packers and the bears having great offenses!!! Nice to see the mandate to catch the packers is working!
Catch the Packers? The Bears haven't caught anything since 1985! You Bears' fans crack me up. Until the Bears win a Super Bowl in the new millennium they haven't caught anybody, let alone the Packers. We can debate all day about this team or that team but, simply put, the Bears haven't "caught" anybody in 28 years.
eric

Verona, WI

#33 Dec 13, 2013
Hey PBWK!!!! How was your Thanksgiving!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#34 Dec 13, 2013
eric wrote:
Hey PBWK!!!! How was your Thanksgiving!
Eric,
What is the over/under on Cutler turnovers this weekend?

3?
eric

Verona, WI

#35 Dec 13, 2013
I think 3 sounds right or fair..I imagine Cutler will have some rust AND Cleveland has a pretty solid defense.
The Bears have done pretty well with McGown...I wonder if the Bears Lose and Cutler plays badly,how much Shit Tressman will take..
It seems to be a very unpopular move to play Cutler instead of McGown.
ESPN Nationwide poll favored McGown by a huge margin ( including Illinois) Brian Urlacher mentioned that..Jim Rome on his show,the guys on the Chicago station talked about fans favoring McGown..
McGown to his credit said hes the backup and when Cutler is ready,hes the qb so the 3 of them are on board ( Tressman,Cutler and McGown) but nearly 70% OF THE 45K or so think otherwise.
I think Cutler will have yards,TD ect but Cutler forces throws and with the rust,I can see a few INTs..
Packer hacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#36 Dec 13, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
I can understand packluv’s enthusiasm over the bears new offense. It looks pretty damn good. New oline, great RB, 2 very good very HUGE WRs, new TE. They are much improved over last year. They are tough to stop once they get rolling and it has been impressive to watch at times. Then there is the QB situation. Cutler was having a good year, McCown came in and did a great job putting up good numbers. He has the “hot hand” but now it goes back to Cutler who is the #1. Some say it is right to go back to Cutler some say stick with McCown… either way I think the offense is the last thing they need to worry about. Either QB should be able to do more than enough to win the game when/if the defense does it's part.
agreed
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

#37 Dec 14, 2013
eric wrote:
Hey PBWK!!!! How was your Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving was great except for that damn game!
eric

Verona, WI

#38 Dec 14, 2013
Yea, They sucked on Thanksgiving but maybe they will get their heads out of their asses and play..They are now in Playoff mode,( win out or go home,starting last week vs ATL,and the next few games).
They did it in 10 so there is proof it can happen,NOW, will it? Who knows, the odds are against it for sure,but, as long as you have a chance its not over

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Lions Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nate Burleson replacing Bart Scott on 'NFL Today' May '17 Scott phartz 4
News The good, bad and weird of 2013 NFL season (Dec '13) Feb '17 Big Guy Phart 9
News Airport security mix-up sends NFL player to Uta... (Mar '15) Feb '17 Oh That Phart 4
News Profiles in ineptitude: 4 teams that have yet t... Feb '17 TeamsPharts 2
News Judge: Lawsuit linked to House sex scandal can ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kev 1
News Jahvid Best and the Biggest Risk/Reward Picks o... (Jul '12) Aug '16 Stubby 13
News Should Tim Tebow Have a Job in the NFL? (Nov '13) Mar '16 Fart news 37
More from around the web