Ponder Throws 3 Interceptions in Viki...

Ponder Throws 3 Interceptions in Vikings Loss

There are 21 comments on the KSTP story from Sep 8, 2013, titled Ponder Throws 3 Interceptions in Vikings Loss. In it, KSTP reports that:

Reggie Bush gave the Detroit Lions exactly what they were looking for when they signed him as a free agent in the offseason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSTP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Sep 8, 2013
Ponder Throws 3 Interceptions and people are blaming others.

Location hidden

#2 Sep 8, 2013
Teddy Bridgewater
Tajh Boyd
Brett Hundley
Johnny Manziel
Marcus Mariota
Stephen Morris
Devin Gardner

One of this guys will be our QB next year.

“Time to look to next year!”

Since: Jan 07

Detroit Lakes, MN

#3 Sep 8, 2013
Avant wrote:
Teddy Bridgewater
Tajh Boyd
Brett Hundley
Johnny Manziel
Marcus Mariota
Stephen Morris
Devin Gardner
One of this guys will be our QB next year.
You nailed it! We need a franchise Quarterback..........
viking nation

Madera, CA

#5 Sep 8, 2013
Once again Aaron Rodgers Choked in a big game :)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 8, 2013
I know my team is better than they were today but its obvious that Ponder should have played every preseason game and Peterson should have played in the third.I absolutely hate Fraziers idea that were a run first team.Every thing goes through Adrian.Thats the exact thing thats gonna keep us from advancing further.Just think how many yards Peterson would get and how hard we would be able to stop with an elite passing attack.How about we build the team around everyone instead of Adrian.Today was an example what happens when youre one dimensional.Simpson was actually the star.I still have faith in my team and were not done by any means but in my opinion we need to open it up and change the game plan.I sure hope Kevin Williams is back next week cause there wasnt much pass rush.We have plenty of talent on this team we just need to use it.
Harry

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Sep 8, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
I know my team is better than they were today but its obvious that Ponder should have played every preseason game and Peterson should have played in the third.I absolutely hate Fraziers idea that were a run first team.Every thing goes through Adrian.Thats the exact thing thats gonna keep us from advancing further.Just think how many yards Peterson would get and how hard we would be able to stop with an elite passing attack.How about we build the team around everyone instead of Adrian.Today was an example what happens when youre one dimensional.Simpson was actually the star.I still have faith in my team and were not done by any means but in my opinion we need to open it up and change the game plan.I sure hope Kevin Williams is back next week cause there wasnt much pass rush.We have plenty of talent on this team we just need to use it.
A run-first team in 2013.

Like bringing knives to a gunfight.

Location hidden

#8 Sep 8, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
Vikings are built around Peterson because after 3 years coaches know we can't build around Ponder he just doesn't have it. He is a turnover machine. When we draft a QB next year the receiving core will almost be set but we will build the rest of the offense around him.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#9 Sep 8, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
There are three other guys up front that didn't get the job done I would hate to think Kevin Williams is the only push the Vikings has but its sure looked that way today. Your right it's the same old game plan. like last season, The Vikes can not change the game plan if it isn't working, Why who knows. everyother team will change the game plan if their first plan isn't working. These coaches are unable. They suck as bad as the secondary.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 8, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
A run-first team in 2013.
Like bringing knives to a gunfight.
Simply put we are a run first team because the coaches watch Ponder daily and conclude he is not a pass first QB.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#11 Sep 8, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Simply put we are a run first team because the coaches watch Ponder daily and conclude he is not a pass first QB.
lol Well to date thats all true I guess all three of the Vikes QBs are bad. Why can't this team find a QB They find good talent but are lost when it comes to finding a Good QB As a fan it's starting to get old. Teddy Bridgewater*, QB, Louisville I guess might be the best QB on your list & if the Vikes play like they did today We might have a chance at getting this guy. Wow I hate to say the Vikes will be that bad.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 8, 2013
viking nation wrote:
<quoted text>lol Well to date thats all true I guess all three of the Vikes QBs are bad. Why can't this team find a QB They find good talent but are lost when it comes to finding a Good QB As a fan it's starting to get old. Teddy Bridgewater*, QB, Louisville I guess might be the best QB on your list & if the Vikes play like they did today We might have a chance at getting this guy. Wow I hate to say the Vikes will be that bad.
Who else do you like Bridgwater is going to a team that wins less than 5 games. We are too talented for that. Who are your top 5 college QB's in the draft next year?

Location hidden

#13 Sep 8, 2013
viking nation wrote:
<quoted text>lol Well to date thats all true I guess all three of the Vikes QBs are bad. Why can't this team find a QB They find good talent but are lost when it comes to finding a Good QB As a fan it's starting to get old. Teddy Bridgewater*, QB, Louisville I guess might be the best QB on your list & if the Vikes play like they did today We might have a chance at getting this guy. Wow I hate to say the Vikes will be that bad.
You think the owners will give Frazier, Spielman another shot at a QB since they blew it leaving Kaepernick on the board for Ponder.
Harry

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Sep 8, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Simply put we are a run first team because the coaches watch Ponder daily and conclude he is not a pass first QB.
Wrong. Childress built a run-first team.

Frazier hinted last wee that the offense would be simple.

And that could be for our simple QBs.

Ponder totally blew it in January. A boo-boo keeps him out of a playoff game.

HE SHOULD HAVE started, handed off three times, tried to pass, grimaced in pain and limped away........he should have been a leader and not a wuss. Even on the sidelines today, he doesn't study......or consult.....he sits there like a stoned idiot Obama voter.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 8, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Childress built a run-first team.
Frazier hinted last wee that the offense would be simple.
And that could be for our simple QBs.
Ponder totally blew it in January. A boo-boo keeps him out of a playoff game.
HE SHOULD HAVE started, handed off three times, tried to pass, grimaced in pain and limped away........he should have been a leader and not a wuss. Even on the sidelines today, he doesn't study......or consult.....he sits there like a stoned idiot Obama voter.
You think if we drafted Luck, RG3 or Kaepernick we would still be a run first team? NO, with one of those QB's we could mix it up because they are accurate.

4 years of college every years as a Viking Ponder has missed games due to injury. So Fraier, Spielman have attached themselves to a injury prone inaccurate QB to secure their future.

They have done a good job for every position but for the most important position on the team.
Harry

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Sep 8, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>You think if we drafted Luck, RG3 or Kaepernick we would still be a run first team? NO, with one of those QB's we could mix it up because they are accurate.
4 years of college every years as a Viking Ponder has missed games due to injury. So Fraier, Spielman have attached themselves to a injury prone inaccurate QB to secure their future.
They have done a good job for every position but for the most important position on the team.
Can't argue with that. Frazier is safe. Ponder is gone.

Location hidden

#17 Sep 8, 2013
The only good thing that came out of this game is that Simpson is really a pretty good reciever.Awesome catch.Another thing is that usually after a terrible game like this we have a great game the next one.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#18 Sep 8, 2013
Ponder very well could be gone by next season the way he played today. Say the coaches pull Ponder & Cassel plays just as bad & the team ends up with three or less wins on the year.Wouldn't you Now look at last years one winning season under Leslie Frazier? That one year now looks like a fluke doesnt it? Frazier's job is in jeopardy . He hasn't put in a game plan that fits Ponder's strengths & he didn't install a new game plan for the secondary, It's the same one that Chlidress installed. Would you keep a head coach if he didn't do a damm thing from the day he was signed to now? If I was the Owner I wouldn't be to sure of the Vikings future. I wouldn't be to sure if a new quarterback would be the answer. Look at what a new head coach did for the 49ers. Then they got Colin Kaepernick but not until they got Jim Harbaugh. The Vikes owner has got to make some serious decisions If he wants a winning team for his new stadium.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#19 Sep 8, 2013
All of that Is based on a losing season this year.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#20 Sep 9, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
yeah man..........missed Kwill big time..........no rush and no run Defense..........let's look at the glass half full though..........Simpson will possibly give us a bit of a deep threat this season........maybe..........i f that happens then that underneath stuff to the tight ends and Jennings may gain momentum as well..........hey we split the first two games and go 1-1 on the road against Chi. and Det. and were OK..........

Location hidden

#21 Sep 9, 2013
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>yeah man..........missed Kwill big time..........no rush and no run Defense..........let's look at the glass half full though..........Simpson will possibly give us a bit of a deep threat this season........maybe..........i f that happens then that underneath stuff to the tight ends and Jennings may gain momentum as well..........hey we split the first two games and go 1-1 on the road against Chi. and Det. and were OK..........
Poor game all around.From the punter on down.What bothers me about this coaching staff is their content with a run first team.I want an offensive coordinator thats gonna straighten out this passing game while we still have Peterson.I dont know why we would settle for a dink and dunk offense when we could be so much better.I dont want to watch ten years of dink and dunk.If Ponder cant handle it we need to get someone else.Another thing when Peterson was taken out of the game Ponder only threw to Simpson and Jennings and most of his passes were way off.No passes to Rudolph.Ponder can throw the passes but he cant see the field or something.We have to spread the ball around, we have 5 recievers and two tightends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Lions Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should Tim Tebow Have a Job in the NFL? (Nov '13) Mar '16 Fart news 37
News Lions' Calvin Johnson plans to retire, accordin... Feb '16 Fart news 2
News NCAA lifts Penn St. bowl ban (Sep '14) Jan '16 liggtsz 5
News Lions keep coach Jim Caldwell for 3rd year, 1st... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
News Teddy Bridgewater's future debated in ESPN roun... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Fart news 19
News Norv Turner on the shrimp debacle (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Caldwell says Stafford still Lions quarterback (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts bench 1
More from around the web