Tim Tebow

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

The strange thing about Peyton Manning and the expectations his arrival in Denver creates is that the quarterback he's replacing, Tim Tebow, just led a mediocre team to an AFC West title, and Tebow threw a gorgeous touchdown strike to Demaryius Thomas on the first play of overtime to beat a legit Super Bowl contender, Pittsburgh, in the playoffs.

Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Apr 5, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mark Tebow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

What most NFL fans will be saying after the Jets fail again...
Peyote

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

J E T S Jets Jets Jets

J ust

E nvision

T ebow

S pirals
clem

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

answerman wrote:
And Tebow's gone to the Jets for a 4th and 6th. Glad that's over...
Grader?
Tim Sanchez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Fireman Ed will be spooning in a #15 jersey.....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

I'm glad Tebow's mom didn't have an abortion.
This way-
We get to watch offensive abortions happen each Sunday in the fall
TEBOW SUCKS

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
I'm glad Tebow's mom didn't have an abortion.
This way-
We get to watch offensive abortions happen each Sunday in the fall
LOL
Really

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

Let's watch what happens in Denver vs what happens with the Jets next year. Manning will take the broncos just far enough to continue to b the qb and suck dollars from Delver. I can already hear the giant sucking sound. They will never succeed though and Denver will turn on buck tooth desk jockey and his broken neck suck buddy. Say all u want but just wait and c.

Tebow will start and win....again
Teclown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
Manning will take the broncos just far enough to continue to b the qb and suck dollars from Delver.
So things will remain as if Teblow was still there....

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2012

Judged:

GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not until he plays. The backup QB is always the most liked player on every team. With Sanchez in front of him, it might not take long. The Jets fans can boo one off the field and then the other several times a game.
The Jets can only hope that Tebow's presence will light a fire under Sanchez's complacent posterior. Otherwize we may see Tebow eventually emerge as a starter. The Jets probably have better personnel overall than the Broncos which may make it easier for Tebow to perform well in NJ.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>The Jets can only hope that Tebow's presence will light a fire under Sanchez's complacent posterior. Otherwize we may see Tebow eventually emerge as a starter. The Jets probably have better personnel overall than the Broncos which may make it easier for Tebow to perform well in NJ.
Get ready for the social media wave to bench sanchez and make tebow the starter. Seriously, I think this is the first time a backup quarterback has held a press conference. It has already started.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Get ready for the social media wave to bench sanchez and make tebow the starter. Seriously, I think this is the first time a backup quarterback has held a press conference. It has already started.
Coach Ryan is too strong willed to be swayed by the fans. His decisions will be in spite of the fans.
Really

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Judged:

It's probably the first time a starting QB who just took his team to it's first post season and won a game in exciting fashion was run out of town by a guy who had a worse first year in the league in every single statistical measure. It is an interesting story.

Kinda like watching a car crash...

The football story is also interesting but that will be played out on the field. Can't wait...

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Really wrote:
It's probably the first time a starting QB who just took his team to it's first post season and won a game in exciting fashion was run out of town by a guy who had a worse first year in the league in every single statistical measure. It is an interesting story.
Kinda like watching a car crash...
The football story is also interesting but that will be played out on the field. Can't wait...
Tebow did lead the Broncos to a palyoff berth in spite of lackluster statistics. It reminds me of a time that a QB named Scott Brunner led the Giants to a playoff birth afterstarter Phil Simms went Down with an injury in 1981. Sims was 5-5 as a starter and Brunner 4-2 in spite of Brunner's lackluster statistics and Brunner got a disproportionate amount of the credit for the Ginats strong finish which earned them their first post season birth since 1963. The fans were won over by Brunner and soured on Simms, but five years later, Brunner would be out of pro football and Simms would be Super Bowl MVP.

It is too early to tell if Tebow will be either a success or bust or something in between. Time will tell.
Really

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

Brunner!!

Holy cr@p. do better than that. He was a div ii QB in college (although he did win div ii championship) who had 11 int for 5 TDs in the 81 season for the giants....not to mention his fumbles. There is no comparison between tebow and brunner in any real accomplishment category.

I do agree that Tebow, like every other QB, will be ultimately judged on his nfl games played, most of which remain in the future...rather than past accomplishments. I think this is what u where actually getting at and I agree with this.

However, I really don't know of any other QB with tebows credentials. He really is in a class of his own....and TD got TD and win for win this includes the greats like Elway and manning. It is true that Tebow made a mistake training with Meyer who didn't really prepare him for the pro style offense. So it will b interesting 2 c what happens over the next year.

What I think is tacky is the Elways of the world who din't give Tebow his due respect. I do think it will come back on them and I will enjoy it emensely if it happens.

We will c.
hoopsnow

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing ever happens without drama for that queen. I hear the JETS are having 'trouble' with his contract verbiage...Translation....COLD FEET...BUYERS REMORSE....for attracting a bigger circus side show to NY than Barnum & Bailey's
Circus side show is liberal speak for a Christian who openly thanks God for all his gifts. It rankles liberals and atheists to no end - you gotta love the audible grinding of teeth.
Tim Tebozo the Clown

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

hoopsnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Circus side show is liberal speak for a Christian who openly thanks God for all his gifts. It rankles liberals and atheists to no end - you gotta love the audible grinding of teeth.
Certaintly you'd be Ok if an atheist player were to get on camera and openly rant and rave about how God is a made-up fairy tale and religion is a crock of chit. Free speech, right? It would rankle Christian conservatives to no end - you gotta love the audible grinding of teeth.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

hoopsnow wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds as if you hope that every atheist hates all people that claim to be Christians. Is that a necessary part of your belief system? Do you even know what an atheist is? Would you get "rankled" if a person openly thanked someone or something you believe doesn't exist? Sorry. I shouldn't ask that question of you. You probably do a lot of things that are illogical.

For your information, atheists may find it amusing that someone openly thanks a nonexistent being, but there is no cause to become "rankled." There are plenty of people that believe things that are not so. Why do you think that would cause anyone to become "rankled"? Are your own beliefs a source of irritation? If so, you should reconsider.

BTW are you living in Colorado? Laughing Bear Fan and I do live in Colorado. "Circus side show" is simply language for the "circus side show" that follows Tim Tebow. A lot of people have noticed it. Many that don't live in Colorado have noticed it, but it was impossible to miss if you are a football fan that lives here. Let me guess -- you are not a football fan, are you?
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

hoopsnow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the definition of a bible thumper who has been drawn into the sports forum by another imaginary diety...teblow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Denver Broncos Forum right now

Search the Denver Broncos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2013 NFL MVP Race: Why Tom Brady Should Win (Dec '13) 1 hr Bob Kraft 446
Broncos owner Pat Bowlen steps down to deal wit... 1 hr Cypervs 6
Peyton Manning can be better (somehow) in 2014,... 1 hr Josh McDaniels 12
Elway insists he's not looking to trade Tebow (Jan '11) 1 hr Janifail 144
Elway wants better balance from Broncos 1 hr Pardon the Janitard 2
Former Broncos QB Tim Tebow Training in Arizona... 1 hr Pastorbater 9
Trending Now: Bowlen hands over ownership of th... 11 hr Patt Bowlen 8
•••
•••