2013 NFL MVP Race: Why Tom Brady Shou...

2013 NFL MVP Race: Why Tom Brady Should Win

There are 457 comments on the BleacherReport story from Dec 14, 2013, titled 2013 NFL MVP Race: Why Tom Brady Should Win. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

For the first several weeks of the NFL season, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning appeared to be a lock for the Most Valuable Player Award.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Palmtardation

Miami, FL

#386 Mar 21, 2014
Actually he's homeschooled. Here's his mom:

They Hate Us

La Palma, CA

#387 Mar 23, 2014
Palmtardation wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sjEK9FHsWfMXX
When idiots and scumbags hate you, it's clear you are doing something right. Only wish they had the determination to get an education and turn from the dark side.
He Hate Me

Denver, CO

#388 Mar 25, 2014
They Hate Us wrote:
<quoted text>
When idiots and scumbags hate you, it's clear you are doing something right. Only wish they had the determination to get an education and turn from the dark side.
Once you go dark you will lose your bark
Principal Morton

Houston, TX

#389 Mar 25, 2014
Palmtardation wrote:
lmao
Freddie

La Palma, CA

#390 Mar 27, 2014
Principal Morton wrote:
<quoted text>
lmao
think you mean laughed your brains outs. That would explain a lot.
Freddie

La Palma, CA

#391 Mar 27, 2014
Palmtardation wrote:
Seems someone is getting too much sun down there in Miami. Don't even recognize your own mother. What did you do get your tapes mixed up? All that partying watching the Heat win, oh wait, they lost, and for the ninth time in what 14 games. No wonder you are on a rampage.
Freddie

La Palma, CA

#392 Mar 27, 2014
Flynnished wrote:
I dont understand what the big deal is? I like the writtings of the guy from La Palma....they are are so good that I took time out of my busy day to read them....btw, am typing this post while dropping a log....thats about how useful they are....
Funny, you guys talking about how "useful" somebody else's comments are. All you do is play troll and spread perversion around thinking its a form of humor which it isn't. The day you say anything of value I will applaud the response. Until then you are just a bunch of wannabes who lack communication skills and the ability to think and analyze. Balls in your court spaz.

Since: Jul 14

Orange, CA

#393 Jul 9, 2014
As a great QB, Tom Brady win the MVP what has no doubt. He had the longest records of winning in NFL history. The question is that Peyton Manning is more excellent. In my opion should Peyton Manning get it.
Mad Max

Cypress, CA

#394 Jul 9, 2014
mycou1992 wrote:
As a great QB, Tom Brady win the MVP what has no doubt. He had the longest records of winning in NFL history. The question is that Peyton Manning is more excellent. In my opion should Peyton Manning get it.
Hey, how about some meat to back up your conclusions. Answer the WHY question.
Why is Peyton better? Raw stats with no context point to Peyton. Swallowing the swill provided by the media point to Peyton, like today's comment by Brian Baldinger on NFL Access that Peyton had the second best TD/INT Ratio of 2.6 when he doesn't. Peyton's is 2.2, Brady's is 2.7. Peyton also isn't second, he is further down the list.
When you don't verify what these guys or any guys tell you, you are just simpletons for the slaughter.
MVPs are Awarded not earned on the field. Peyton may have five to date but at least two of them and possible three were gifts as other players had better stats. Peyton is a media favorite so their reports of him and all reports really should be verified. Too many fans just eat that crap up and take it as the truth when it is anything but.
Peyton is a raw stat leader and a media favorite. Both are facts. Unfortunately the raw stats need to be taken in context before they have any true meaning, and the media seldom does that because 1. Its work, and 2. They have their own agenda which has to deal with money not truth.
Learn to think for yourself by understanding the underlining parameters which determine a proper analytical outcome.
Example...who has the better receivers (Peyton has had HoFers for over a decade Brady had Moss for one year and set the league on fire). Who has had the better RBs (Peyton has had HoFer for over a decade while Brady never had one). Who has the better Oline (Peyton has been sacked over 50% less than Brady). Who got to play in a dome where the elements do not affect your passes so the QBs stats are inflated (Peyton played in a dome while Brady plays in the cold, wind, rain, snow in New England). Who has had stats inflated by playing at altitude (again Peyton has whole Brady plays at near sea level).
Notice all the advantages Peyton has had to inflate his stats while Brady has had none of them. These are all parameters that need to be taken in context to understand why Peyton's stats are higher than others. But analysis shows Peyton's numbers are not nearly as far ahead of Brady playing in bad weather Foxboro as they should be.
And with all his disadvantages how is it that Brady, despite playing more than 3 less years than Manning, has more SBs, AFC Championships, Division Championships, most post season wins, best all-time win percentage, and a better head to head record.
Mannings defense has been 17th to Brady's 15th over the years, and while Peyton is often one of the top Three offenses, Brady is always right next to him and sometimes ahead of him.
If I only watched TV I would think Manning is the best too but when you look a little under the covers it emerges that Peyton isn't anywhere near Brady in quantity or quality. Reason why insiders take Brady over Peyton 10-1.

Orange, CA

#395 Jul 17, 2014
Mad Max wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, how about some meat to back up your conclusions. Answer the WHY question.
Why is Peyton better? Raw stats with no context point to Peyton. Swallowing the swill provided by the media point to Peyton, like today's comment by Brian Baldinger on NFL Access that Peyton had the second best TD/INT Ratio of 2.6 when he doesn't. Peyton's is 2.2, Brady's is 2.7. Peyton also isn't second, he is further down the list.
When you don't verify what these guys or any guys tell you, you are just simpletons for the slaughter.
MVPs are Awarded not earned on the field. Peyton may have five to date but at least two of them and possible three were gifts as other players had better stats. Peyton is a media favorite so their reports of him and all reports really should be verified. Too many fans just eat that crap up and take it as the truth when it is anything but.
Peyton is a raw stat leader and a media favorite. Both are facts. Unfortunately the raw stats need to be taken in context before they have any true meaning, and the media seldom does that because 1. Its work, and 2. They have their own agenda which has to deal with money not truth.
Learn to think for yourself by understanding the underlining parameters which determine a proper analytical outcome.
Example...who has the better receivers (Peyton has had HoFers for over a decade Brady had Moss for one year and set the league on fire). Who has had the better RBs (Peyton has had HoFer for over a decade while Brady never had one). Who has the better Oline (Peyton has been sacked over 50% less than Brady). Who got to play in a dome where the elements do not affect your passes so the QBs stats are inflated (Peyton played in a dome while Brady plays in the cold, wind, rain, snow in New England). Who has had stats inflated by playing at altitude (again Peyton has whole Brady plays at near sea level).
Notice all the advantages Peyton has had to inflate his stats while Brady has had none of them. These are all parameters that need to be taken in context to understand why Peyton's stats are higher than others. But analysis shows Peyton's numbers are not nearly as far ahead of Brady playing in bad weather Foxboro as they should be.
And with all his disadvantages how is it that Brady, despite playing more than 3 less years than Manning, has more SBs, AFC Championships, Division Championships, most post season wins, best all-time win percentage, and a better head to head record.
Mannings defense has been 17th to Brady's 15th over the years, and while Peyton is often one of the top Three offenses, Brady is always right next to him and sometimes ahead of him.
If I only watched TV I would think Manning is the best too but when you look a little under the covers it emerges that Peyton isn't anywhere near Brady in quantity or quality. Reason why insiders take Brady over Peyton 10-1.
Just because i like manning more.I said, it is my opinion, don't mind ok? I think, i am not a real fan. You know all of the history about them,but i interest in football since last year. The first game i watched is Broncos', so i like peyton. never mind!!
Mad Max

Cypress, CA

#396 Jul 17, 2014
cara murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because i like manning more.I said, it is my opinion, don't mind ok? I think, i am not a real fan. You know all of the history about them,but i interest in football since last year. The first game i watched is Broncos', so i like peyton. never mind!!
Sound reasoning. One of the few honest folks who chose Peyton. I like Peyton too, just do not like it when media tries to manipulate us to say he is the best when he is very good but not the best. Usually it's a preference so no wrong or right, but occasionally it is clear that someone is better like in the case of Brady, Montans and a few others over Peyton. Peyton is comical and endearing at least when the cameras are rolling and he knows it. Funny guy. We affectionately call him melon head. And we like his dancing feet in the pocket.
Mad Max

Cypress, CA

#397 Jul 17, 2014
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Nobody throws a prettier game ending interception than Brady
True. But nobody throws more of them than Peyton.

Orange, CA

#398 Jul 17, 2014
Mad Max wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound reasoning. One of the few honest folks who chose Peyton. I like Peyton too, just do not like it when media tries to manipulate us to say he is the best when he is very good but not the best. Usually it's a preference so no wrong or right, but occasionally it is clear that someone is better like in the case of Brady, Montans and a few others over Peyton. Peyton is comical and endearing at least when the cameras are rolling and he knows it. Funny guy. We affectionately call him melon head. And we like his dancing feet in the pocket.
yeah, i see
charles

United States

#399 Jul 18, 2014
Mad Max wrote:
<quoted text>True. But nobody throws more of them than Peyton.
Ok, so I guess Eli is better than Brady right? You know because he beat him in 2 Super Bowls. Would some consider Randy Moss to be a hall of fame player? Did he not play with Brady? Didn't Brady always have an Awesome Defense in the Super Bowls?
You #12 pillow biters are making me laugh. Altitude, Dome, great receivers and great Oline? Really?!!! None of that is better than a cheating coach. And I'm pretty sure Brady had something better than a dome. It's called a schedule against Buffalo,Miami, and the New York Jets(sometimes) for 13 years or whatever.
Mensan

Cypress, CA

#400 Jul 18, 2014
charles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so I guess Eli is better than Brady right? You know because he beat him in 2 Super Bowls. Would some consider Randy Moss to be a hall of fame player? Did he not play with Brady? Didn't Brady always have an Awesome Defense in the Super Bowls?
You #12 pillow biters are making me laugh. Altitude, Dome, great receivers and great Oline? Really?!!! None of that is better than a cheating coach. And I'm pretty sure Brady had something better than a dome. It's called a schedule against Buffalo,Miami, and the New York Jets(sometimes) for 13 years or whatever.
Just had to step in and comment on the Division opponent comment. Peyton played against the Jaguars who are perennial cellar dwellers except for a couple years and the Texans who where an expansion team so who are you kidding. You just keep making it easier and easier to find ways that Peyton should have done better but didn't. Thanks.
Mad Max

Cypress, CA

#401 Jul 18, 2014
charles wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need an education. Your ability to think is greatly lacking. Pay attention and learn.
Peyton's advantages were real and significant. Brady had none and you are fooling yourself with comments about cheating, yet still Your comments were wrong and of no consequence. Your position is unattenable.
If all you had was Eli over Brady in two games, I could give the nod to Eli, despite other Pats players causing the losses after Brady marched his team down the field for what should have been the game winning TD (but I would have to research those games thoroughly to make this determination). But when you add in all the other games they have played, Eli drops significantly while Brady excels significantly. Snapshot analysis is used by most who know little about true statistics. One must take the entire data base and interpret it based on context. When you do this the answers become clear. Brady over both Mannings.
Just like Eli had a monster defense against Brady, Brady had a great defense against Warner and the greatest show on turf. While Brady was deliberate and accurate, Eli needed Assante Samuel to drop an easy interception that hit him in the hands, a DE to let go of Eli so he could deliver a pass, and David Tyree making the all-time best one handed helmet catch ever to win. Statisticians see a difference based on the details, you obvious do not.
You also haven't a clue what spygate was about. There are millions of ways to use the word cheat(ing). You use it incorrectly. Taping was allowed, every team taped. Teams had to tape from inside a predesignated room. No one did. All teams were guilty, so all teams where "cheating-your word", but Mangini thought he would mess with Belichick so used a technicality to lodge a complaint, not realizing what the commissioner would do. The commissioner was new and wanted to make it clear he was in charge. End result, commissioner disciplined Belichick for what every other team was doing. He also made changes that angered teams and changed Mangini's future. So what does all this make you? A liar, a cheat a manipulator, an idiot or just someone without integrity for trying to make an issue out of a non issue? At least a jerk either for making something out of nothing, or for repeating a lie having never taken the time to research it. Mancini has never worked in the NFL since. Cardinal rule within the NFL, never turn someone else in for something everyone else is doing.
Obviously you never learned this rule. Time you did, or remain a jerk or worse.
Ben Franklin once said....we are all born idiots, but it takes a lot of work to remain that way.
Hopefully you get the point and make changes.
charles

Columbia, IL

#402 Jul 19, 2014
Mad Max wrote:
<quoted text>You really need an education. Your ability to think is greatly lacking. Pay attention and learn.
Peyton's advantages were real and significant. Brady had none and you are fooling yourself with comments about cheating, yet still Your comments were wrong and of no consequence. Your position is unattenable.
If all you had was Eli over Brady in two games, I could give the nod to Eli, despite other Pats players causing the losses after Brady marched his team down the field for what should have been the game winning TD (but I would have to research those games thoroughly to make this determination). But when you add in all the other games they have played, Eli drops significantly while Brady excels significantly. Snapshot analysis is used by most who know little about true statistics. One must take the entire data base and interpret it based on context. When you do this the answers become clear. Brady over both Mannings.
Just like Eli had a monster defense against Brady, Brady had a great defense against Warner and the greatest show on turf. While Brady was deliberate and accurate, Eli needed Assante Samuel to drop an easy interception that hit him in the hands, a DE to let go of Eli so he could deliver a pass, and David Tyree making the all-time best one handed helmet catch ever to win. Statisticians see a difference based on the details, you obvious do not.
You also haven't a clue what spygate was about. There are millions of ways to use the word cheat(ing). You use it incorrectly. Taping was allowed, every team taped. Teams had to tape from inside a predesignated room. No one did. All teams were guilty, so all teams where "cheating-your word", but Mangini thought he would mess with Belichick so used a technicality to lodge a complaint, not realizing what the commissioner would do. The commissioner was new and wanted to make it clear he was in charge. End result, commissioner disciplined Belichick for what every other team was doing. He also made changes that angered teams and changed Mangini's future. So what does all this make you? A liar, a cheat a manipulator, an idiot or just someone without integrity for trying to make an issue out of a non issue? At least a jerk either for making something out of nothing, or for repeating a lie having never taken the time to research it. Mancini has never worked in the NFL since. Cardinal rule within the NFL, never turn someone else in for1212 something everyone else is doing12.
Obviously you never learned this rule. Time you did, or remain a jerk or worse.
Ben Franklin once said....we are all born idiots, but it takes a lot of work to remain that way.
Hopefully you get the point and make changes.
68-12 at home since 2004 I think they call that a really good home field Advantage for the Patriots. That sounds like a pretty good advantage to me. Kinda like Seattle's 12th man. Hey, but, Brady doesn't play in a dome or at Altitude so he doesn't have an Advantage. So that my friend is a real proof Stat. Not your B.S. Opinion. I told you in another thread I'm ready to get the money out there and down on the table if your willing to Put the Fuk up or Shut The Fuk up. So, quit acting like your impressing somebody by trying to be so smart because you aren't.
charles

Columbia, IL

#403 Jul 19, 2014
Mensan wrote:
<quoted text>Just had to step in and comment on the Division opponent comment. Peyton played against the Jaguars who are perennial cellar dwellers except for a couple years and the Texans who where an expansion team so who are you kidding. You just keep making it easier and easier to find ways that Peyton should have done better but didn't. Thanks.
It was just funny to come in this room and see all you guys with Brady nut on your chin. So, Miami & buffalo haven't been perennial cellar dwellers? Ha ha you sir are a damn fool.
Mad Max

Cypress, CA

#404 Jul 19, 2014
charles wrote:
<quoted text>
68-12 at home since 2004 I think they call that a really good home field Advantage for the Patriots. That sounds like a pretty good advantage to me. Kinda like Seattle's 12th man. Hey, but, Brady doesn't play in a dome or at Altitude so he doesn't have an Advantage. So that my friend is a real proof Stat. Not your B.S. Opinion. I told you in another thread I'm ready to get the money out there and down on the table if your willing to Put the Fuk up or Shut The Fuk up. So, quit acting like your impressing somebody by trying to be so smart because you aren't.
And yet you are still so pigheaded that you don't get it. Jim Brown was the best player in the league every year but there were better teams. Brady is the best player in the league every year, well most every year but there are better teams. Sports writers are dolts and you follow their line of thought. Yours is a fools bet, gee wonder why they call it that. Think it has something to do with the guy who offered it, YOU. And still, despite Manning having the better roster, he still lost last year. And even though it should never happen, it did and could again. Time will tell.
Has it ever dawned on you that the reason the Pats and Brady have such a great record is...
Let me see....is Brady, duh! It certainly isn't the New England dome because there isn't one. It's not his HoF receivers because he doesn't have any, and it certainly isn't his Oline that has given up more than twice as many sacks. Yet Brady is always in the top three offenses without any of these advantages other QBs have. It's not the home field that wins the game it's Brady.
Wise up.
Mad Max

Cypress, CA

#405 Jul 19, 2014
charles wrote:
<quoted text>
It was just funny to come in this room and see all you guys with Brady nut on your chin. So, Miami & buffalo haven't been perennial cellar dwellers? Ha ha you sir are a damn fool.
Yet brilliant compared to you, another cellar dweller.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Broncos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) Nov 30 Raider fart deposit 331
News Finally, a football fight where real punches land Nov 27 Fart a Raider 2
News Brady, Patriots send Broncos to fifth straight ... Nov 14 braddybonersfarts 3
News Broncos Opponent Profile: Broncos Face An Explo... Nov '17 Farts Ball 2
News Five thoughts on where the Cowboys go from here Sep '17 Raiderss Phartts 2
News John Elway agrees to 5-year contract with Denve... Jul '17 AgreesPhartz 2
News Sunday links: NFL Draft redux, an early project... (May '17) May '17 Better Pharts 2
More from around the web