Al Davis: What is best in life?

Al Davis: What is best in life?

There are 6 comments on the Silver And Black Pride story from Jun 29, 2013, titled Al Davis: What is best in life?. In it, Silver And Black Pride reports that:

Al Davis hated the Broncos . Maybe it started in 1978 when an inferior Bronco team finally found a way to beat the Raiders by mugging the receivers, not only at the line of scrimmage, but all of the way down the field, to destroy the vertical passing game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver And Black Pride.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 Jun 29, 2013
this is quoted in response to this article, "our current players need to understand the rivalry and play their hearts out". what a hell of a key phrase! i hate the broncos more than any afc west rivalry and probably more than ay team in the nfl. so i can relate to al davis and those who really hate the broncos. but current players need to be taught what this rivalry means to the RAIDERS. I BETCHA, that hasn't been taught yet! players say they have heard about the rivalry and heard about the RAIDERS and all that stuff. big wooptidoo! but?, they haven't been taught the rivalry the al davis way! "LESSON TO BE LEARNED"!
RAIDERS 2013!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Jul 1, 2013
I distinctly remember this game in 2010. One of Routt's highlights was the pix six off or Orton. Was a great game to watch.
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#3 Jul 2, 2013
Its tough to have to go back 3 years for a highlight boys

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Jul 2, 2013
I remember a game in 1997 when Napolean Kaufman just ran all over the Broncos giving Raider Nation a taste of just how dangerous the team could be when everybody was in the game and had their heads on right. However, that was one of only 4 games we won that year & Denver went onto win the Superbowl plus that was the first year we beat them since Shannahan took over Denver. The second best thing behind seeing your team winning the championship is looking at the champion's losses and being able to say "One of those was to us."

I get a big kick out of seeing the Raiders beat anybody but Denver has been a team I've always enjoyed seeing us defeat. I love wins over KC & SD too.
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#5 Jul 3, 2013
I actually enjoy when the Raiders whip the Bronco's because I am ....wait for it... a Bears Fan
It is hilarious to see how down everybody gets around here.
I thought the whole town was on suicide watch when J-Russ beat them

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#6 Jul 4, 2013
It doesn't matter who we beat. Raiders winning always feels good & the more dominant the win, the merrier I get

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Broncos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sunday links: NFL Draft redux, an early project... May '17 Better Pharts 2
News Ravens Cut Elvis Dumervil May '17 Know phart 4
News Could Brady be best ever? Apr '17 SurePhartz 31
News Report: Jay Cutler still considering retirement Apr '17 Considering Phart 2
News Tony Romo's Cowboys career ends with one of his... Apr '17 CareerPharrts 2
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) Mar '17 Bernies Phartz 192
News With Romo speculation swirling, Broncos coach a... Mar '17 Potato Phart 2
More from around the web