Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eurek...

Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eureka native cut by Cincinnati

There are 28 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Aug 31, 2008, titled Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eureka native cut by Cincinnati. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Maurice Purify's hopes of playing in the NFL took a hit on Saturday. The Cincinnati Bengals waived the Eureka native and former Nebraska stand out to get their roster to the league mandated 53.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
C-lo

United States

#21 Oct 11, 2008
We were all proud of Mo when he played youth football, basketball & baseball. He went on and played 2 sports in high school. Everyone was proud. Mo then went on to play both basketball and football at City College. As a student athlete he broke school records. Everyone was proud of our local boy. Next, Mo went to Nebraska, started and played football for a D-1 College as a STUDENT ATHLETE. From there he gets a shot in the NFL. Wow!!! That is one heck of an accomplishment.
Now, it seems you jerk-offs can only think of the negatives, like it's his fault and that he let you down personally. Leave it alone if you can't applaud this gentleman for trying to fullfill his dream. I'm sure all of you were little angels during your school days.
Footballer

Newark, CA

#22 Oct 12, 2008
GO MO keep it up brother! Dont listen to the AT HOME haters they are all jealous and would love just being able to catch a TD pass!
ehs fan

United States

#23 Oct 12, 2008
Haters everywhere- Remember we are talking about the NFL. Do you think its easy to make it, of course not. Congrats to both Mo's and Rey for being superb athletes and putting Humboldt Co on the map. All will make it if they continue to stay focus. The next two stars from Humboldt I c are Soma V and Greg A- def d-1 players
Dot

Arcata, CA

#24 Apr 13, 2009
gbenga aleru was just a few years ago on the soccer team, the nonsense and horrible things people say about mo is redic, come on.....
nope

Vista, CA

#25 Feb 4, 2010
McCain Says wrote:
Time to move to Canada or Arena ball.He was a hell of a good basketball player too.
he was athletic, that's about it when it comes to hoops. he got shut down whenever he played half decent teams. humboldt just doesn't have any hoop talent to test him
im from humboldt

Eureka, CA

#26 Dec 9, 2012
Hes from eureka their mascot is the loggers and ive never heard of the humboldt eagles so i think you guys got the wrong place
Floyd Black

Hayward, CA

#27 Dec 9, 2012
im from humboldt wrote:
Hes from eureka their mascot is the loggers and ive never heard of the humboldt eagles so i think you guys got the wrong place
Get the hell out of this forum Arcata pothead. Go snort some meth.
ryan kerker

El Mirage, AZ

#28 Jul 11, 2014
Mack high soccer dominated in the late 90's and early 2000's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cincinnati Bengals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andy Dalton is Jon kitna in disguise Sep 25 Rick from Atown 1
News Where will Colin Kaepernick land in 2016? (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy D... (May '13) Feb '16 Fart news 38
News A look at some memorable Super Bowl meltdowns (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Vontaze Burfict highlights Cincinnati Bengals' ... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Fart news 15
News Bengals coaching staff undergoes significant ch... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
News Steelers' young linebackers on rise (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
More from around the web