Reggie McKenzie Likes Carson Palmer

Full story: NBC Bay Area

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie isn't worried about not having high picks in this year's draft.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

hey, i'm starting to like reggie mckenzie! even if he's a little green. naugh but you gotta agree that it was a hard choice and a right choice by hue jackson to get carson palmer with such high trades. his project didn't work but thats what i loved about hue jackson, was that he would do whatever it took to promise al davis to get his team to the superbowl! like i said, it didn't work! so now we are stuck with carson palmer and set back in the draft! i'm not angry about that. not yet at least. i keep saying over and over that carson palmer needs traing camp with his players. last year he came in rusty and thrown into the lions den. what were you expecting? a miracle win to the superbowl? sh.t, i was?(lol). but i knew it wasn't going to happen. not with all the injured players that we had. anyways, all that is over! glad mckenzie is alright with carson palmer. i know he won't regret him after this year either. carson palmer is one of the top rated (qb's) with a few noticeable smudges (int's) in his record. but hey, i look at the bright side this year. he will have camp training with his (wr's). he's not injury prone, he will still have al saunders and now greg knapp hopefully with a better system to suit palmer. he will now get to have darren mcfadden at his side. we have dhbey,ford,moore,murphy. yea, it's up to carson palmer now. but i'll put it all on the line for him. i'll take all the blame if this guy doesn't do well this season. there won't be any bounty hunting?. he will be in shape and hopefully no attitude! what i like is that he's ready and excited to be here and play AND, to be a RAIDER!
gotta love it!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

terrelle pryor, t pryor is in it for the #2 (qb). thats his role to be a (qb) and not for any other position he was said to be projected for. then you got bohmar as no,3. bohmar? hey, im starting to like this guy just cause reggie mckenzie likes him (lol). if mckenzie keeps that up, i may just start to go a little green, what the hell, why not? like romanowski said, "if you can't beat them, join them" . i was starting to think we should pick up vince young. i "used to" think highly of vince young. now? he's available and i don't have any thoughts of bringing him in. not that i don't think he will benefit being here but more because we don't have the al davis system,"throw the bomb and score" system anymore. i doubt t pryor ever gets the starting role here. but who knows? he may just surprise and be the future (qb) here. shoot, im starting to believe in mckenzie so much that even brett bohmar could be the future starter over pryor(lol). lady's and gentlemen, i'll stick to carson palmer this year or until he starts to make me nervous. he hasn't done that to me yet. i was only a little nervous just for the fact that he was rusty and i knew about his int's in cinci. AND, his reason for his attitude. i personally believe he will be the next rich gannon since rich gannon. and better yet, the next jim plunkette?
RAIDERS of 2012!!!
raiderfaith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

What a load of crap! What is he suppose to say? Of course he is going to support the decision, he doesn't have a choice. Horrible journalism to make this a story.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2012

(lol), well no, he could go on and say he was upset about the deal. there's no reason or deal for him to go on and lie. he,(mckenzie) has been pretty honest on his part in getting ridd of people he felt were way overpaid and or not worthy of keeping around. well, he felt c palmer was overpaid, but worthy of keeping around. how long did he agree on a contract with the RAIDERS? was it one or three years?(i forgot,(lol). but he's giving him that chance to lead the team. to be the starter. why? it's self explained. he just didn't get the chance to train with his team last year. this year he gets to start from scratch. the story sucks, fine. but if he talks good on liking palmer than it is what it is. i mean, we all don't have to like him, thats understandable. basically im just saying i like carson palmer as the starter. and i feel he deserves the chance to be the starter. i feel he deserves it for comming in and suddenly just taking over and doing as good as he did for comming off of what was it retirement?. whatever it was, i'm just glad he's back for one more shot. after all, who would be the starter? pryor or bohmar? or let's say vince young? we couldn't afford manning, and even if we could, we wouldn't have gone after him. who else would or could do the job right now? a rookie?. don't know, but i'm sure glad palmer is back in my own opinion. but? i could be wrong! i've been wrong before you know?(lol).
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
terrelle pryor, t pryor is in it for the #2 (qb). thats his role to be a (qb) and not for any other position he was said to be projected for. then you got bohmar as no,3. bohmar? hey, im starting to like this guy just cause reggie mckenzie likes him (lol). if mckenzie keeps that up, i may just start to go a little green, what the hell, why not? like romanowski said, "if you can't beat them, join them" . i was starting to think we should pick up vince young. i "used to" think highly of vince young. now? he's available and i don't have any thoughts of bringing him in. not that i don't think he will benefit being here but more because we don't have the al davis system,"throw the bomb and score" system anymore. i doubt t pryor ever gets the starting role here. but who knows? he may just surprise and be the future (qb) here. shoot, im starting to believe in mckenzie so much that even brett bohmar could be the future starter over pryor(lol). lady's and gentlemen, i'll stick to carson palmer this year or until he starts to make me nervous. he hasn't done that to me yet. i was only a little nervous just for the fact that he was rusty and i knew about his int's in cinci. AND, his reason for his attitude. i personally believe he will be the next rich gannon since rich gannon. and better yet, the next jim plunkett?
RAIDERS of 2012!!!
mckenzie on terrelle pryor; "hopefully our starting (qb) and offensive cordinator can work him and see if he can get him rolling. mckenzie said it's going to be constant evaluation. but but they need to find out how good he is and how good he can be".
#1 carson palmer
#2 terrelle pryor
#3rhett bomar
if pryor doesn't cut it as no.2 is there a chance we could be looking at a (qb) in the draft or do we go after matt leinert?. i don't even know what rhett bomar plays like!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

nfl.com is reporting that kyle boller may get back with the ravens. he is set to visit baltimore thursday.

RAIDERS 2012!!!
Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
nfl.com is reporting that kyle boller may get back with the ravens. he is set to visit baltimore thursday.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Good news R.M.. The farther he is from being a Raider, the better!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Canada wrote:
<quoted text>Good news R.M.. The farther he is from being a Raider, the better!
(lol), yea, he showed no signs of being a competitor. sometimes when a player has helped your team a lot, you wish him the best of luck when he moves on. kyle boller? didn't help the team for nothing! but regardless the situation, you still want to hope they keep playing in the nfl and help another team out.
NAAAAAAHHHH F'EM! he's outta here!
RAIDERS 2012!!!!
Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Boller had possibly the worst back-up Q.B. outing in the history of the NFL when Campbell went down, and Palmer was left to the wolves as the fans were calling for Boller's head. Brutal. How can a professional athlete be that ill-prepared?
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

Captain Canada wrote:
Boller had possibly the worst back-up Q.B. outing in the history of the NFL when Campbell went down, and Palmer was left to the wolves as the fans were calling for Boller's head. Brutal. How can a professional athlete be that ill-prepared?
My vote is for Billy Jo Hobert against the Saints...and then after the game admitting he had not prepared in case he had to play.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

Freddy wrote:
<quoted text>My vote is for Billy Jo Hobert against the Saints...and then after the game admitting he had not prepared in case he had to play.
I definatly agree with you Freddy on that. What was bad was the Billy Joe Holbert was on a good Raiders team because when Jeff Hostetler was healthy we were rocking but when he went down and Billy Joe came in, it was a whole nother story...
Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Wow, you guys have good memories for the bad! Just when I had forgotten about Billy Jo ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••