Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder?

Full story: BleacherReport

Few young quarterbacks will enter the 2013 NFL season with more individual pressure resting on their shoulders than Andy Dalton of the Cincinnati Bengals and Christian Ponder of the Minnesota Vikings.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Both teams can do special things it all depends on the QB play.

Ponder feels the pressure he knows he's missed games due to injury the last 6 years. 4 college 2 Pro's. We have the nucleus of a great team better than the Packers but for the QB position.

Since Daunte Culpepper we can't find a franchise QB,

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

I would say neither.Plus with all the teams expected to take last in their divisions (I say Chi.)most will draft a Qb.so not much chance at trading up for a top Qb.
Explain the 3 technique,jimmy.Stop with the, can we help you think stuff.

“Expect No Mercy”

Since: Jun 09

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Dalton has nothing to do with the Vikings, so who cares how much pressure he is under.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

If Ponder is good we can be a great team if not we will not win a lot of game. I wonder Ponder's reaction to Cassel who is at least as good if not better according to the one year he had replacing Brady.

4 first round QB's 2014.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Jared Allen telling Ponder...
http://nflspinzone.com/2013/05/03/jared-allen...

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Ponder/ Cassell,Cassell/Ponder.for the foreseeable future.And that's that.And no T.Jackson
HAHAHAHA

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

J.A. doesn't get paid to sit in meetings about personnel.Spielman and company have already decided it's Ponders job at least through the 1st contract.If he stumbles on occasion,they decided to have a capable back up with many year left.I in fact think Cassell is starting material.So Ponder/Cassell or Cassell/Ponder.But it's Ponders job.
Got it Jimmy?????
No Qb is coming in,unless a hell of a talent falls in 2014.
Don't hold your breath though.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

I already said by mid season Cassel will be our QB and the QB of 2014 into the future isn't on the team yet. Hope I'm wrong but you know my QB record.

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

T.Jackson is your Qb record.Top 5 draftee never count.Naming every Qb coming out,never counts.
Your next limb would be Smith now of the Jets.He has TJ written all over him and the mindset that the N.Y.media will eat alive. I see another Ryan Leaf locker room meltdown.
Avant has put himself back in the TJ stratosphere.
HAHAHA here we go again.

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

I won't give credit on Newton because he was projected #1 over all to Carolina.
But if I did,
explain why he can't et his team out of the loser category,Jimmy.
He went in an area of the draft that says elite.Is Suppose to be Super Man.
Bree's works miracles all the time,even without a HC.
I predict right here and now,"the basement" finish for The Jimmy and his non Viking Super Man.And That Smith and TJ will open their own version of BubbaGump.

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Ryan would be wise to hire a news media Guardian for Smith.Otherwise it will e a shorter career than his talent as a NFL starting Qb.At least the Jet's Jetsssssssssssssss
didn't go "ALL STUPID"round 1.
HEHEHEHe

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Avant wrote:
I already said by mid season Cassel will be our QB and the QB of 2014 into the future isn't on the team yet. Hope I'm wrong but you know my QB record.
Sure he's on the team.
It's Ponder,who had a great 2013 start and finish.Regular season.His injuries have always been brief,enter Cassell.His mid season slump was pointed out by Stubby as a lingering injury.As the pass catching players improve,so will Ponder,plus the experience he is getting.
If all works out,the team will be able to spend draft picks wisely on area's of need.
Spielman has been stellar.Spending a #1 on Ponder,why should anybody doubt him????Jimmy wants to go all in and he knows it.Flip flopper.
Where has "The Rick" Spielman failed in drafting Jimmy?Plus he shares my 1st name.And you already gave me credit for drafting Ponder.
2 "The Rick's"
Can't beat that.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Childress wrote:
J.A. doesn't get paid to sit in meetings about personnel.Spielman and company have already decided it's Ponders job at least through the 1st contract.If he stumbles on occasion,they decided to have a capable back up with many year left.I in fact think Cassell is starting material.So Ponder/Cassell or Cassell/Ponder.But it's Ponders job.
Got it Jimmy?????
No Qb is coming in,unless a hell of a talent falls in 2014.
Don't hold your breath though.
Ponder is my QB there's nothing I can do but wait to see if Spielman/Frazier and you are right about our QB. I can't be mad at them THEY have done a superior job rebuilding.

Remember the last time Jared Allen told a QB you have to be the guy? Tarvaris Jackson.

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Ponder is my QB there's nothing I can do but wait to see if Spielman/Frazier and you are right about our QB. I can't be mad at them THEY have done a superior job rebuilding.
Remember the last time Jared Allen told a QB you have to be the guy? Tarvaris Jackson.
Hey Jimmy,
walk over to Pro Football Talk and take a look at another of my guys
Audie Cole.He might emerge as the MLB.It's still wide open,I would like that,I'm building my team,right along side "The Rick".As we all know I had a MLB,Wr,CB,with our top 3 picks.I also stated if a top guy falls in the draft,you have to take him.Thus the flip by Minn.from MLB to DT.Spot on.Ponder and Rudolph the red zone reindeer.Yea,it's like that.
Your Viking guys??????????
NOTHING.
I also predicted Minn.would draft a punter in the 7th,never gave the name though.it was in the other site,with witnesses.
You??????????
Nothing.

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

The fact that so many OT's and linemen went early and often in the draft,certainly benefited the talent that was available to the Vikings late.
Furthermore,
the fact that the Vikings are making MLB a competition,tells me a MLb was in the mix for a early Viking selection.I'm sure it was Te'o.
But with a top DT and CB available,I see the decision.
Now,when they traded back into the 1st,you still had 2 priority needs,MLB and Wr.Obviously they went wr but with the lost picks couldn't get Te'o.To bad,
but you can see the flux at the position is there.
I support Cole,and Urlacher in that order.
I have great Viking depth perception,always have had it.

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

And while I'm carving up being" EXACT".
I would love to see Hodges win the outside,Henderson can be my top guy at backing up all 3 LB positions.
His true worth.

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

A cherry on top?????
Okay,
I'm sure when "The Rick"checks in here to see what I'm thinking,it will play out,just like the way the other "Rick" would like to see it.
Building the team.
Builing the team.

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

I'm turning Spielman into Jim Finks.Another student of mine.
I sense Gonzo in the forum,check your mail Ron.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Avant wrote:
Both teams can do special things it all depends on the QB play.
Ponder feels the pressure he knows he's missed games due to injury the last 6 years. 4 college 2 Pro's. We have the nucleus of a great team better than the Packers but for the QB position.
Since Daunte Culpepper we can't find a franchise QB,
This may be a Vikings thread, but let me tell you it's Dalton by a mile. Back to back playoff appearances, back to back first round losses for a two year pro. The Ravens and Steelers are old and lost a lot of players, the Browns aren't there. AFC North is the Bengals' to grab. Dalton has been ok. But, he either steps up this year and leads this team to a division title and a playoff win, or he becomes the red haired Carson Palmer. He's already got a thing for throwing bad picks like Palmer.

You Vikes fans got it rough. Toughest division in football imho. But you got AP, he's a difference maker. Ponder improves any at all, you can go deep in the postseason.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Childress wrote:
And while I'm carving up being" EXACT".
I would love to see Hodges win the outside,Henderson can be my top guy at backing up all 3 LB positions.
His true worth.
Already said Hodges will start his team mate Michael Mauti has starting midlindbacker talent if he can stay healthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••