Big Cat: Considering JaMarcus Russell

May 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: StripeHype

JaMarcus Russell is down from 315 pounds to 281 in hopes of making an NFL comeback.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Out of the script you just wrote, not 1 mention of what the org did to ensure the success of their investment, & you won't find none! Like I said, I doubt we pick him back up but, it doesn't disguise the fact that he's better than anybody on our roster. Russell's true potential is an unknown but, his ceiling is much higher that all of them & league minimum for that potential is cheap. As far as him quitting, the man was black balled like Iverson plus he had some growing up to do, mentally. Not in football but life in general. As for Woodson & his comeback. It took him to be traded to GB to grow up. Give his best years to the Packers instead of the team that drafted him. Even took a pay cut to go to GB, & he gets a parade & party for coming back. Don't get me wrong I love it but, the double standard is obvious. Russell has his blames as I've said already but, the org is just as much if not more guilty of him not succeeding. That type of incompetence doesn't exist on teams like the Steelers, Patriots... He would've never failed on the Patriots cuz Bill Belichick would've never let it happen! Now I'll STFU if someone can post what the org did to help the success of their investment!
the success of their investment was to give jamarcus russell a JOB! they payed him MILLIONS in guaranteed money. the rest of his success comes with his trainers. if he did not have all the best team around him, it did not mean he had to throw his football career away. everything was on a silver platter for him. football life is not easy. he has to work with the good and the worst. BUT, don't quit?! that was more reason for him to have worked even harder than ever. instead, well, you know the story. and im glad you recognize his blame and growing up mentality. maybe a big part of that played a role for his lack of professionalism in the big man world of the nfl. but okay, he was young and dumbfounded. you say that type of incompetence does not happen in the patriots org? that he would have never failed there? they would have never or will ever give him a chance there. they are more strict then oakland. had he been a patriot, they would not have salvaged his job or seeked him help?. reasons are obvious. they help those who help themselves and if they did help him, he would probably be out faster than ochocinco and randy moss. how come those two outcasts didn't make it with the pats? AND they work a lot harder than jamarcus russell. as a matter of fact, EVERYONE IN THE NFL works harder than russell. EVERYONE! even tim tebow, even ryan leaf! even todd marinovich in the past.one is in football "tebow", one is in jail,'leaf" and one is a family man! marinovich. BUT NO ONE, not one player has done what jamarcus russell did. well, maybe ryal leaf (lol) but
RUSSELL deserves to give himself a chance. he's doing it. a leauge minumum for the potential is cheap as you said. now somebody has to "trust" him.
not oakland as you know.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

OH YEA, charles woodson, it may seem that it was infair that they welcomed charles woodson back with a huuuraahhh but woodson worked for his "throughout". he proved himself. he is trusted. he grew up. he is still playing football and he deserves it. despite his past attitude. despite the pay cut. despite being traded. name one of those things jamarcus russell has done to be trusted? "in other terms" of course. from the time he was in oakland? he NEVER studied hard? or got to work early? or stayed late or stayed fit? or used part of his millions to seek help for training like terrelle pryor? russell today deserves a huuuraaahhh for losing weight and seeking help with what's his name garcia after being out of football for what is it four years or something like that? what happened to that lost time? trouble? that's the kind of thing nfl teams look for today as a warning sign. al davis would have gave him a chance! actually he did by hiring him first overall and paying him millions in "trust" money. just, NOT A SECOND CHANCE =(
all (qb's deseve help from their (wr's) and their (O-line), but russell himself made mistakes. still, no excuse to party with the millions and forget about football. "IF" he really loved football. he probably loves football today cause money is running short. think that's what nfl gm's and coaches are thinking? well besides the falling asleep in class and the money run!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

a lot of blah blah blah from me. i sound like a broken record (lol).
you believe in russell still. so do i. you probably think i hate russell and wish him the worst. nope! I just don't trust him. the main point here of it all is, trust. he may redeem himself. cool. like i said, every man deserves a second chance. good enough. just not here. and if he turns out like a hero or a low budget risk and a potential good player and probably better than what we got here, good enough. he can go elsewhere. if he turns out to be the best in the nfl, good enough. i guarantee you there will be no regret that we did not pick him up again. you know why? for all the reasons we or I have been talking about over and over.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

AND OVER!
and over!

Since: Jan 11

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

I'm afraid we will just have to disagree NJ Raider. I feel like JaMarcus was given a number of chances to succeed, and because of his poor work ethic and general malaise he got a number of coaches fired. Those are families that lost jobs, incomes, had to move, etc.

I can agree that we didn't have much around him, but he really didn't try much at all. It's difficult for me NOT to hate a kid who has all the physical ability in the world, is given millions of dollars then doesn't care enough to try. Doesn't care enough to care.

I just can't do it. JaMarcus is a failure as a human being in my eyes.
NJ raider 1 wrote:
You dudes sound real dumb, holding grudges lkie he stole your money. Flynn couldn't beat him out in college & that's our front runner. The other 2I like alot but, all they have is promise & hope. We hope they are but, we don't know. Oakland had no O-Line to speak of, no receivers, & the defense was old as shit. Not to mention the man had a different HC&OC every year. Every year we lost last years best player from Moss to Burgess to Sapp to Woodson. We drafted for the future but wanted Russell to produce immediately with no weapons. He's better than Flynn, Pryor, & Wilson. None of them have been thrown to the wolves on a weekly basis or sacrificed by the media. He has his blames but, it was a partnership & they both failed.

Since: Jan 11

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

It wasn't one thing, and i don't think anyone is arguing that Russel had much around him to help. But I mean, David Carr sucked, his team sucked, coaching sucked, but he tried his heart out, throwing for over 4 K yards even though he never really got better.

Alex Smith tried really hard despite the same handicaps and with even less talent.

Peyton had enough talent to take his 2 or 3 win Colts and make them a dynasty.

JaMarcus was never a leader, gained 10-20 pounds a year, fell asleep in meetings. He just didn't care man. No respect for a man who is given everything in life and doesn't deem it worth the effort to try.

I've said this before, i worked out 6 days a week for 2 and 1/2 hours for friggin high school volleyball, inbetween working 30-40 hours at a produce mart and school.

College was 50 at a lumber mill, bike to class and still get 3.0.

Work was move halfway across the country and do 50 and 60 hour weeks because i wanted to succeed, because i wanted to care, wanted to build something i could care about.

So, given Jamarcus never exuded any of those qualities, and has 5000 times the amount of talent i ever had, no, i don't give a fat poopy what he does from now on. He just shouldn't be in the NFL.
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> It's amazing, you dudes welcome Woodson with open arms but throw jabs at Russell. Y'all still choose to lie like the team was any good at all. The difference in Flacco Ryan & Russell is their org invested in them & gave them a chance to grow. Flacco got Bolden, Ryan had white & they brought in Turner, Gonzalez, & drafted Jones. Who did the Raiders org bring in for Russell??? Ryan & flack have been under the same tutelage by the same HC their entire careers, Russell had 3 HC 3 OC in 3 years, a WR with determination & work ethic like the number he was drafted but, the skills of anan UDFA. AD was the man but he was also the man that dug the Raiders grave for a decade from bad personnel decisions. Think about it, why was RM 1st move as GM to bring the org up to date? AD was a decade behind the times. RM next move, gut the org of overpaid under performers. A sign of dysfunction! Pardon, before that he hired a HC to be here & give the org some consistency, something it hasn't had in over 10yrs. Y'all can hold a grudge if y'all want, pride will get you nowhere! Now I doubt Mark Davis will give a 2nd chance to Russell but that doesn't negate the fact that Russel is better than our QBs & if we can bring back Woodson for an upgrade, then RM should consider Russell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••