Big Cat: Considering JaMarcus Russell

Big Cat: Considering JaMarcus Russell

There are 25 comments on the StripeHype story from May 30, 2013, titled Big Cat: Considering JaMarcus Russell. In it, StripeHype reports that:

JaMarcus Russell is down from 315 pounds to 281 in hopes of making an NFL comeback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at StripeHype.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 May 30, 2013
i wouldn't give jamarcus russell a chance back at the RAIDERS org.! he pissed me off like if it was my money that i lost to him. therefore, i say no to jamarcus russell. BUT WAIT!, there's more. i would prefer he didn't jump start to an nfl team. i would prefer he worked his way back up like he has and and work his way up from canadian football leauge to the nfl. who's to say a man does not deserve a second chance? only, i feel he needs to work hard to deserve it. but if he were to get back in the nfl, so be it! he may get a job probably because of his work efforts. just, not, back, with, oakland! i hope mark davis recognizes that, it was money given to russell in good faith only to be screwed by him and his lazy ass ways. don't throw me these excuses about his family deaths (rest in peace) they had nothing to do with it, russell did this to himself. but i do give him credit for his comeback. the bright side? he could have ended up like ryan leaf right now! IF anything, give him a chance somebody cause i doubt oakland will. he's no longer our problem, he may be yours for good or for BAD!
RAIDERS 2013!!!!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#2 May 31, 2013
JaMarcus Russell is better than any backup quarterback in the league and probably a few starters, including whoever start for our Raiders. I don't hold grudges. It was a two sided affair. He didn't put in the effort &, we surrounded him with crap for weapons, not to mention he never had the same head coach or offense of coordinator for all three years. If Reggie McKenzie wants to upgrade I wouldn't I be against it because, JaMarcus Russell is an upgrade!
The Autumn Wind

Denver, CO

#3 May 31, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
JaMarcus Russell is better than any backup quarterback in the league and probably a few starters, including whoever start for our Raiders. I don't hold grudges. It was a two sided affair. He didn't put in the effort &, we surrounded him with crap for weapons, not to mention he never had the same head coach or offense of coordinator for all three years. If Reggie McKenzie wants to upgrade I wouldn't I be against it because, JaMarcus Russell is an upgrade!
You really sound stupid bro. He's an upgrade? This dude is a horrible play reader,no work ethic. Only reason he doin all this to get back,is cause that money running out. I dont know what you seeing in Jersey,but Northern Cali is cool on JaWalrus.
The Autumn Wind

Denver, CO

#4 May 31, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
You sound stupid bro. Enough said.

Since: Jan 11

Phoenix, AZ

#5 May 31, 2013
Wow man, i can't see that. If anything it was 70/30 Jamarcus being a piece of aged urine cake at the QB position. A mental 5 year old with the personality of a period-sex towel shouldn't be in the league. 6 years later he decides he cares, and now we should too? Where were you when WE cared. Kill yourself Jamarcus and rid us of your stupidity.

Or just go buy a fan boat and live on the Bayou kid. Get fat enough to float and never sink, then you can be your own boat.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#6 May 31, 2013
The Autumn Wind wrote:
<quoted text>You really sound stupid bro. He's an upgrade? This dude is a horrible play reader,no work ethic. Only reason he doin all this to get back,is cause that money running out. I dont know what you seeing in Jersey,but Northern Cali is cool on JaWalrus.
Superstorm Sandy destroyed his corrugated cardboard mansion
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#7 May 31, 2013
JaLardAss

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#8 May 31, 2013
Maybe, just maybe he has learned his lesson and with all the natural ability he posseses, perhaps he might succeed the second time around. There are a few teams who would have little or nothing to lose by giving him a shot.
Mr Raider

United States

#9 May 31, 2013
Go work at mcdonalds lardass!. Disgrace to the nfl!.
The Autumn Wind

Denver, CO

#10 May 31, 2013
Corran Horn wrote:
Wow man, i can't see that. If anything it was 70/30 Jamarcus being a piece of aged urine cake at the QB position. A mental 5 year old with the personality of a period-sex towel shouldn't be in the league. 6 years later he decides he cares, and now we should too? Where were you when WE cared. Kill yourself Jamarcus and rid us of your stupidity.
Or just go buy a fan boat and live on the Bayou kid. Get fat enough to float and never sink, then you can be your own boat.
ROFLMAO!! Totally speechless!!

Since: Jan 11

Phoenix, AZ

#11 May 31, 2013
Ya, i can lay on the hate when it strikes me. JMarcus deserves every negative thing i can think of and more.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#12 May 31, 2013
You dudes sound real dumb, holding grudges lkie he stole your money. Flynn couldn't beat him out in college & that's our front runner. The other 2I like alot but, all they have is promise & hope. We hope they are but, we don't know. Oakland had no O-Line to speak of, no receivers, & the defense was old as shit. Not to mention the man had a different HC&OC every year. Every year we lost last years best player from Moss to Burgess to Sapp to Woodson. We drafted for the future but wanted Russell to produce immediately with no weapons. He's better than Flynn, Pryor, & Wilson. None of them have been thrown to the wolves on a weekly basis or sacrificed by the media. He has his blames but, it was a partnership & they both failed.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#13 May 31, 2013
OKAY, lets just say back then flynn could not beat out russell, "college". russell has more games played with oak. and flynn has two games nfl experience with g-bay. difference is flynn studies hard and is still in the nfl and hasn't taken money "just because"! so now is the time for flynn to be thrown to the wolves. flynn will have no proven nothing. let's see how he does. flynn will have new (oc's) and he will have an unproven line. now, the grudge is understandable for a fan. i mean, that's part of what a fan is about. we are disgruntled and can't do nothing about anything but to be able to booooo! but ask mckenzie, dennis allen, or better yet, mark davis why we haven't picked him up yet and better yet, thrown interest? it's a grudge! from the top of the ladder all the way to the RAIDER nation. so, i doubt he gets a chance here in oakland. it would be dangerous! "for him! the preferred thing to do for himself is to keep doing what he's doing and? see what happens. if someone strikes gold with him, good enough. if some team fails with him, OR HE FAILS SOMEONE "AGAIN"? good enough. like i said, i doubt he gets a chance, ever, in oakland. he didn't take my money, but it sure feels like he did. i backed him 100% till he proved himself a lazy ass bumm! kurt warner got a job after all the rejections at his position. jamarcus russell never got a job? he was living life to the fullest. and i'm sure he got booo's wherever he went. he got into drugs, got fat from not training. and waited till opportunity came to him. well, money ran out! he said, awwwshiet! and here he is. he's probably going to get a shot from another nfl team, but how come he wants to come in as a back up player? one would think because he wants to learn behind a starting (qb) so he could tune himself right? personally? it's possible that he wants to sit in as a backup so he can get hired, get whatever money he can, so he can sit in the back of the classroom sleeping. kind of like todd marinovich did back in the day. he got back into football for extra cash for drugs. that's fine, he can do that. JUST, NO HERE! he would or should be ashamed of himself.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#14 Jun 1, 2013
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
OKAY, lets just say back then flynn could not beat out russell, "college". russell has more games played with oak. and flynn has two games nfl experience with g-bay. difference is flynn studies hard and is still in the nfl and hasn't taken money "just because"! so now is the time for flynn to be thrown to the wolves. flynn will have no proven nothing. let's see how he does. flynn will have new (oc's) and he will have an unproven line. now, the grudge is understandable for a fan. i mean, that's part of what a fan is about. we are disgruntled and can't do nothing about anything but to be able to booooo! but ask mckenzie, dennis allen, or better yet, mark davis why we haven't picked him up yet and better yet, thrown interest? it's a grudge! from the top of the ladder all the way to the RAIDER nation. so, i doubt he gets a chance here in oakland. it would be dangerous! "for him! the preferred thing to do for himself is to keep doing what he's doing and? see what happens. if someone strikes gold with him, good enough. if some team fails with him, OR HE FAILS SOMEONE "AGAIN"? good enough. like i said, i doubt he gets a chance, ever, in oakland. he didn't take my money, but it sure feels like he did. i backed him 100% till he proved himself a lazy ass bumm! kurt warner got a job after all the rejections at his position. jamarcus russell never got a job? he was living life to the fullest. and i'm sure he got booo's wherever he went. he got into drugs, got fat from not training. and waited till opportunity came to him. well, money ran out! he said, awwwshiet! and here he is. he's probably going to get a shot from another nfl team, but how come he wants to come in as a back up player? one would think because he wants to learn behind a starting (qb) so he could tune himself right? personally? it's possible that he wants to sit in as a backup so he can get hired, get whatever money he can, so he can sit in the back of the classroom sleeping. kind of like todd marinovich did back in the day. he got back into football for extra cash for drugs. that's fine, he can do that. JUST, NO HERE! he would or should be ashamed of himself.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
It's amazing, you dudes welcome Woodson with open arms but throw jabs at Russell. Y'all still choose to lie like the team was any good at all. The difference in Flacco Ryan & Russell is their org invested in them & gave them a chance to grow. Flacco got Bolden, Ryan had white & they brought in Turner, Gonzalez, & drafted Jones. Who did the Raiders org bring in for Russell??? Ryan & flack have been under the same tutelage by the same HC their entire careers, Russell had 3 HC 3 OC in 3 years, a WR with determination & work ethic like the number he was drafted but, the skills of anan UDFA. AD was the man but he was also the man that dug the Raiders grave for a decade from bad personnel decisions. Think about it, why was RM 1st move as GM to bring the org up to date? AD was a decade behind the times. RM next move, gut the org of overpaid under performers. A sign of dysfunction! Pardon, before that he hired a HC to be here & give the org some consistency, something it hasn't had in over 10yrs. Y'all can hold a grudge if y'all want, pride will get you nowhere! Now I doubt Mark Davis will give a 2nd chance to Russell but that doesn't negate the fact that Russel is better than our QBs & if we can bring back Woodson for an upgrade, then RM should consider Russell.

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#15 Jun 1, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>...Russell had 3 HC 3 OC in 3 years...
Jason Campbell had 4 or 5 HC & OC in 4 or 5 years but managed to bring this team together and lead it and win games. The reason Russell did not succeed was not the organization, it was Russell.

Having said that......I believed Jamarcus was going to be our future right until the end.. I supported him right to the end (not so much on this forum but among friends). I was surprised when they let him go (a little) because I thought he had so much potential. Unfortunately, that potential never developed into NFL success.......and it's not because of the organization or Al Davis or the coaches. I blamed the coaches the first few years for not playing him and giving him a chance but I was wrong.

If Russell has truly turned himself into an NFL QB, I think that's great. I have no problem giving him another chance...BUT....he has to prove it to the Raiders FIRST. I would not even have him in for a tryout until he proves that he really is ready for the NFL. Physical conditioning and mental maturity are 2 things Russell always lacked and he needs to prove himself to the world before the world should even look at him.

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#16 Jun 1, 2013
and as far as Russell beating Flynn in college....well that was college. College and the NFL are 2 very different things.

Flynn may have lost out to Russell at LSU but look who has the NFL career now.

Some people peak in High School, others College, others later in life when they find their "calling". The ones who peak last, usually have the last laugh.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#17 Jun 1, 2013
Zild0405 wrote:
and as far as Russell beating Flynn in college....well that was college. College and the NFL are 2 very different things.
Some people peak in High School, others College, others later in life when they find their "calling". The ones who peak last, usually have the last laugh.
Bad comparison with Russell & Campbell. Campbell was Russell for those 4 or 5 yrs you speak of. You could see his potential but, he was trash & he had a big play WR in Santana Moss, someone he could depend on & it still didn't work. He had Clinton Portis, it still didn't work. He came to Oakland & they dumbed down the playbook to give him something he could handle. You tell me, what did the org do or give to Russell to give him a chance to succeed. That's right nothing. You're talking about an org that's been secretly rebuilding for over a decade. Now look at any QB drafted around that time. Their org supplied them with talent from the beginning besides Sam Bradford & look what he's done, nothing! I don't know if cuz I'm from Jersey y'all think I was sleep or if y'all were but, the org was a joke back then. Like I said tell me what the org did to help Russell out. Okay Zach Miller, McFadden but he sat the bench his 1st 2 years so that don't count. Someone please name or WRs at that time. I know them but I wasn't to see if y'all know. I'll give you a hint, they were trash!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#18 Jun 1, 2013
yeah don't feel like we just hold grudges against jamarcus russell cause he took the money and ran? while he was still with oakland, he could have stayed awake in class and studied hard, he could have stayed after practice OR, get to training camp early. OR? tried keeping his weight down! he could have asked for extra help like terrelle pryor is doing today! AS A MATTER OF FACT, there you go right there! perfect example! pryor may or may not "win" the position, cause "they are not going to just "give" it to him" and let's say he does win it? and later loses out,"pretend",. i very much doubt terrelle pryor gives up! i very much doubt he will go out and get fat and get into trouble with drugs because he was released. why? probably because you can see his great work ethics. we can't predict that he will be a good kid after but at least you see his demeanor. about russell, gm's and coaches know he has potential, THEY JUST DON'T TRUST HIM! or else he would have had early and fast response to getting picked up again "by any team".
he may be better than any (qb) we have here today, but that's just "per-say". nobody really trusts him. oakland definitely don't trust him. oh, and about charles woodson getting a second chance, charles woodson just had attitude problem early in his career. plus, he is a hard working football player. something j russell is not. or "has not been". it's not really up to us to hire or re-hire jamarcus russell, but it's up to the RAIDERS org. to do that. AND YOU WELL KNOW THAT AIN'T HAPPENIN'!
look, i give russell credit for losing weight and wnting back in, but, C'MON MAN!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jun 1, 2013
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
yeah don't feel like we just hold grudges against jamarcus russell cause he took the money and ran? while he was still with oakland, he could have stayed awake in class and studied hard, he could have stayed after practice OR, get to training camp early. OR? tried keeping his weight down! he could have asked for extra help like terrelle pryor is doing today! AS A MATTER OF FACT, there you go right there! perfect example! pryor may or may not "win" the position, cause "they are not going to just "give" it to him" and let's say he does win it? and later loses out,"pretend",. i very much doubt terrelle pryor gives up! i very much doubt he will go out and get fat and get into trouble with drugs because he was released. why? probably because you can see his great work ethics. we can't predict that he will be a good kid after but at least you see his demeanor. about russell, gm's and coaches know he has potential, THEY JUST DON'T TRUST HIM! or else he would have had early and fast response to getting picked up again "by any team".
he may be better than any (qb) we have here today, but that's just "per-say". nobody really trusts him. oakland definitely don't trust him. oh, and about charles woodson getting a second chance, charles woodson just had attitude problem early in his career. plus, he is a hard working football player. something j russell is not. or "has not been". it's not really up to us to hire or re-hire jamarcus russell, but it's up to the RAIDERS org. to do that. AND YOU WELL KNOW THAT AIN'T HAPPENIN'!
look, i give russell credit for losing weight and wnting back in, but, C'MON MAN!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Out of the script you just wrote, not 1 mention of what the org did to ensure the success of their investment, & you won't find none! Like I said, I doubt we pick him back up but, it doesn't disguise the fact that he's better than anybody on our roster. Russell's true potential is an unknown but, his ceiling is much higher that all of them & league minimum for that potential is cheap. As far as him quitting, the man was black balled like Iverson plus he had some growing up to do, mentally. Not in football but life in general. As for Woodson & his comeback. It took him to be traded to GB to grow up. Give his best years to the Packers instead of the team that drafted him. Even took a pay cut to go to GB, & he gets a parade & party for coming back. Don't get me wrong I love it but, the double standard is obvious. Russell has his blames as I've said already but, the org is just as much if not more guilty of him not succeeding. That type of incompetence doesn't exist on teams like the Steelers, Patriots... He would've never failed on the Patriots cuz Bill Belichick would've never let it happen! Now I'll STFU if someone can post what the org did to help the success of their investment!

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#20 Jun 1, 2013
Zild0405 wrote:
Frank Ryan, the former Browns QB was a backup to the former Eagle King Hill in college at Rice University. However, nobody is going to even think of comparing Hill's career to Ryan in the NFL. Hill was better known for his punting than his passing and was a career backup at QB. Ryan was drafted in round five vs. Hill being the first man drafted in 1958. Ryan was a starter for most of his career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cincinnati Bengals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where will Colin Kaepernick land in 2016? (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy D... (May '13) Feb '16 Fart news 38
News A look at some memorable Super Bowl meltdowns (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Vontaze Burfict highlights Cincinnati Bengals' ... (Dec '15) Jan '16 Fart news 15
News Bengals coaching staff undergoes significant ch... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
News Steelers' young linebackers on rise (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Concussion? Pittsburgh Steelers' Martavis Bryan... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
More from around the web