First Charly Martin Football Academy ...

First Charly Martin Football Academy a huge success

There are 13 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 7, 2010, titled First Charly Martin Football Academy a huge success. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Somebody may want to remind Carolina Panther and Piedra Vista High School graduate, Charly Martin, that he is a wide reciever in the National Football League.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

dancer

Lubbock, TX

#1 Jul 8, 2010
So proud of you Charly!! Keep up the amazing work you're doing!!! Goodluck in the upcoming season! Can't wait to watch you play!!!
my2cents

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jul 9, 2010
Both of my sons attended this camp as well as Farmington High Schools "Green Machine" football camp a couple of weeks ago. Both boys agreed that the Charly Martin camp was a joke compared to the Farmington camp. They informed that the Farmington camp actually worked them out with drills and physical activity. They stated that the Charly Martin camp was more of Charly telling them if they work hard and dream big they can make it like he did. I am just as proud as anyone that Charly made it to the pros but I expected more from his camp.
Grim Reaper

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jul 9, 2010
IT WAS FREE AND HE GAVE AUTOGRAPHED PHOTO TO EVERYONE! what did you expect with 300 kids in 2 hours a day? 218 zip,fly,over, stop, with z-motion???what a freaking stupid post and an even more shallow observation of the situation! Did you even read the article? he said it was just supposed to be a fun day being on the field with friends and an NFL player. some people....
Yosef

Los Alamos, NM

#4 Jul 9, 2010
my2cents wrote:
Both of my sons attended this camp as well as Farmington High Schools "Green Machine" football camp a couple of weeks ago. Both boys agreed that the Charly Martin camp was a joke compared to the Farmington camp. They informed that the Farmington camp actually worked them out with drills and physical activity. They stated that the Charly Martin camp was more of Charly telling them if they work hard and dream big they can make it like he did. I am just as proud as anyone that Charly made it to the pros but I expected more from his camp.
You are what's wrong with society today. You represent all those whiners we see everyday complaining about "free" services. Charlie did a wonderful thing by coming back to his community and passing on a great message to kids. We don't have many pro athletes from New Mexico so this act by Charlie is amazing. And he did it all for free.

I wouldn't doubt you're on welfare and complaining about those "free" checks.
my2cents

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jul 9, 2010
Wow, didn't mean to offend you the Charly Martin fan club, I guess I grew up in a world, where a camp or a clinic meant you were going to learn not just show worship to someone who did well !!! It is a good thing it was free, because what was taught ( or lets say not) wasn't worth a dime.
Mom

United States

#6 Jul 9, 2010
My son attended both camps and was very happy with the Charly Martin PV camp as he was with the FHS camp. I believe that we should not let our children complain and just be grateful for the things they are able to do. There are too many parents that complain and teach their children the same bad habit. We are very grateful that we were able to attend this camp and have fun. My guess is that we need to focus on ourselves and be more accepting to the people who are here to help us. Lets let everyone who wants to receive blessings do so by not turning them away with negative responses. There are many kids who had fun and would be very happy to see Charly return in the future. Thank You Charly for being such a great role model and for being so open and responsive to all of our children.
dancer

Lubbock, TX

#7 Jul 9, 2010
Ya'll should be thankful that he even put on the clinic! He didn't have to do it but he chose to. He also chose to not charge the kids anything because he loves the game that much and wants other to as well. I agree with Yosef! I wouldn't doubt you are on welfare as well. How often does your kid get a chance to go to a camp with an NFL player? Ummm in Farmpit, that would be NEVER! So just shut up and enjoy the fact that your kid got a chance to go to a camp with an NFL player!

Charly is an excellent role model for the kids of farmington. You should be thankful that your kids look up to such an amazing man and not some pathetic piece of crap who complains like yourself!

So proud of what you're doing and what you continue to do Charly! Don't listen to all the lame people of the town who are hating on you out of jealousy!!!
Cowboy

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jul 9, 2010
Excellent camp, I am very impressed with the organization and the generosity. The best run camp I have witnessed. Kids were going full blast and loving every second of it. Great job everyone involved, and thank you Mr. Martin. My son came home very happy. Thanks
Gdog

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jul 9, 2010
my2cents wrote:
Both of my sons attended this camp as well as Farmington High Schools "Green Machine" football camp a couple of weeks ago. Both boys agreed that the Charly Martin camp was a joke compared to the Farmington camp. They informed that the Farmington camp actually worked them out with drills and physical activity. They stated that the Charly Martin camp was more of Charly telling them if they work hard and dream big they can make it like he did. I am just as proud as anyone that Charly made it to the pros but I expected more from his camp.
I have to say it was quite the opposite. Coming from Aztec, a place that actually knows football, I can say the Martin camp was superior in everyway.
What the French Toast

Tuba City, AZ

#10 Jul 9, 2010
my2cents wrote:
Wow, didn't mean to offend you the Charly Martin fan club, I guess I grew up in a world, where a camp or a clinic meant you were going to learn not just show worship to someone who did well !!! It is a good thing it was free, because what was taught ( or lets say not) wasn't worth a dime.
I bet ya Charlie goes farther than YOUR kids
Coolio

Deming, NM

#11 Jul 9, 2010
my2cents wrote:
Wow, didn't mean to offend you the Charly Martin fan club, I guess I grew up in a world, where a camp or a clinic meant you were going to learn not just show worship to someone who did well !!! It is a good thing it was free, because what was taught ( or lets say not) wasn't worth a dime.
Your name is about all your comment is worth.
Football Fan

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jul 9, 2010
my2cents wrote:
It is a good thing it was free, because what was taught ( or lets say not) wasn't worth a dime.
hmmmm, funny you say this because my son was taught more in 2 days at the Charly Martin Camp than he was in a week of the "green machine" camp. However, my son said he had fun at both camps so I guess I should thank Charly Martin for allowing my son to attend both camps, due to the fact that he put his on for free. If I would've had to pay for both camps, I would have probably made my son choose which one to attend. So again thanks Charly and the entire camp staff, it was an excellent ran clinic for as many kids as you had and my son cannot wait until next years camp. Good Luck to both teams this season and hopefully we can turn out more Charly Martin's from our community in the future. What a class act and humble person. Good Luck Charly this season in Carolina!
Rolyats

Placitas, NM

#13 Jul 10, 2010
my2cents wrote:
Wow, didn't mean to offend you the Charly Martin fan club, I guess I grew up in a world, where a camp or a clinic meant you were going to learn not just show worship to someone who did well !!! It is a good thing it was free, because what was taught ( or lets say not) wasn't worth a dime.
I do not think you offended anyone 'my2cents'......... all you did was to highlight just how ignorant you really are! If Mr. Martin chooses to run the camp again next year, you do not have to send your sons, guess then you will have nothing to complain about!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carolina Panthers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jay Mohr agrees with Adrian Peterson Jun 2 Spielman 1
News Panthers host 100 youth football moms to disc... May '15 Carolina Perverts 1
Carolina Panthers dropped the ball drafting Sha... May '15 lakerman4567 1
News Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy suspended 10 g... Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Since 2012, DE Greg Hardy has 27 sacks in 32 ga... Apr '15 Brady Chub Club 1
Will Cam Newton Win A Title? Apr '15 lakerman4567 1
Byron's Bell named Panthers starting left tackle Apr '15 lakerman4567 1
More from around the web