Raiders sign former Buffalo Bills qua...

Raiders sign former Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards

There are 6 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Jan 2, 2014, titled Raiders sign former Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

The Raiders on Thursday signed veteran quarterback Trent Edwards, though he's obviously not the answer coach Dennis Allen and general manager Reggie McKenzie will be seeking this offseason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

RaiderNation

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2014
Why did we sign him?

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#2 Jan 2, 2014
i believe they are going to trade or look for trade for terrelle pryor. d allen already said mcgloin was in his plans for next season. although neither (qb) showed high expectations, that's just the way it seems thingsd will go. RAIDERS were already planning on bringing in a veteran (qb). that sets the big question will we get a (qb) in the first pick? or trade for hope of landing one of the top pick (qb's) later or on the next pick. i don't think mckenzie is getting too much luck or credit for picking adopting or getting (qb's).
i didn't get wilsons numbers cause he didn't play. but he was what 3rd or 4th rnd? and released three times and last traded?

mat flynn w/ green bay
5 games, 5td's, 1,392yds,, skd 17, 4int's, rtg 86.1

terrelle pryor
11gms, 7td's, 1,798yds, 11int's, skd 31, rtg 69.1

matt mcgloin
7gms, 8td's, 1,547yds, 8int's, skd 6, rtg76.1

would you get a top (qb) pick in the draft?

RAIDERS 2014!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#3 Jan 2, 2014
listen, at this point i wouldn't doubt we kept terrelle pryor. you see his yds passing?, but i didn't write his yds running. no, not the backward ones (lol), but my opinion is, if we get a "head-coach" that has worked with (qb's) and knows the offensive system well, we should be fine with terrelle or mcgloin or whoever he decides to go with. terrelle is not that bad if they can get a "NEW" head-coach and? a nice (qb's-coach) to go with the deal. pryor does not need to run that much but he is gifted with his legs. he is probably capable of learning the pocket more. i mean, you saw him against the chargers? perfect game for pryor. and looked fairly well the last game vs broncos in the end. it's just, he has nobody on the inside to train him. he has outside help but it's not the same! the guy outside tells him one way, and the guy inside tells him another way. he needs somebody on the inside to go with the plans of the game. olson did decently right with mcgloin but mcgloin is still a lil green and i credit him for being as advanced as he is. he too needs extra inside training. im sure he's going to work out decent. right now, he may just be a backup again. so i say, they can do whatever the F they want to do! i already warned them twice. but if you get a new coach? they may just be able to keep terrelle pryor and give him that shot for his last year of his contract through 2014. mark davis believes in terrelle pryor. maybe he can make that call and not have to draft a (qb) and stick with pryor and mcgloin and go with another needed position in the draft.
jan 6th?
RAIDERS 2014!!!
RaiderFaith

Garner, NC

#4 Jan 2, 2014
Not fair adding Flynn's numbers. He played with a different team. Not apples to apples.
Neither qb played stellar. But each had a fair amount of catchable passes dropped. I would imagine mcgloin was favored because he had moored TD's in less games and was a better decision maker. But neither were stellar. I also give a pocket passer an edge.
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
i believe they are going to trade or look for trade for terrelle pryor. d allen already said mcgloin was in his plans for next season. although neither (qb) showed high expectations, that's just the way it seems thingsd will go. RAIDERS were already planning on bringing in a veteran (qb). that sets the big question will we get a (qb) in the first pick? or trade for hope of landing one of the top pick (qb's) later or on the next pick. i don't think mckenzie is getting too much luck or credit for picking adopting or getting (qb's).
i didn't get wilsons numbers cause he didn't play. but he was what 3rd or 4th rnd? and released three times and last traded?
mat flynn w/ green bay
5 games, 5td's, 1,392yds,, skd 17, 4int's, rtg 86.1
terrelle pryor
11gms, 7td's, 1,798yds, 11int's, skd 31, rtg 69.1
matt mcgloin
7gms, 8td's, 1,547yds, 8int's, skd 6, rtg76.1
would you get a top (qb) pick in the draft?
RAIDERS 2014!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#5 Jan 3, 2014
RaiderFaith wrote:
Not fair adding Flynn's numbers. He played with a different team. Not apples to apples.
Neither qb played stellar. But each had a fair amount of catchable passes dropped. I would imagine mcgloin was favored because he had moored TD's in less games and was a better decision maker. But neither were stellar. I also give a pocket passer an edge.<quoted text>
(lol) your right. i just basically was adding him as one of mckenzie's (qb) decisions (lol). but i have to say,? it's interesting what he did in 5 games! a lot of his passes were 50/50, most were lucky. some were there. the part i don't get is, he was able to play!? maybe he is only programed for green bay?
RAIDERS 2014!!!
The Autumn Wind

United States

#6 Jan 3, 2014
Just a future reserve contract.ni big deal.need someone to throw to those 90 or so players that are gonna be on the roster!! Man I hope we really smash these critics and opposing teams next season!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Bills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bills bench QB Taylor in favor of rookie Peterman Thu Gigantic Farts 2
News Bowles says Jets' dancing D couldn't cut it on ... Nov 7 Fart Echo 2
News Marshawn Lynch back with Raiders after suspension Nov 2 Getting Farts 2
News NFL Buffalo Bills acquire Kelvin Benjamin in tr... Nov 1 A Raider Fart 2
News Report says Trump backed a bizarre grassroots c... Oct 28 Fart Jar 2
News Buffalo @ Carolina Tailgate? Sep '17 ThePhartt 2
News Body of former NFL player James Hardy found in ... Jun '17 Former phart 2
More from around the web