Vikings coach Leslie Frazier says if injured QB Brett Favre can play, he will Sunday

There are 20 comments on the Dec 6, 2010, TwinCities.com story titled Vikings coach Leslie Frazier says if injured QB Brett Favre can play, he will Sunday. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Viking QB Brett Favre after returning to the bench in the second quarter of their victory over the Bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 10

United States

#1 Dec 7, 2010
The drama was only fun while we were winning last season. Now, it's just a soap opera gone out of control. Hell, even I am sick of Viking news seven days a week - mostly because it's bad news. What good ia a QB who can't run or pass? The Giant's defensive linemen are going to murder Favre on Sunday.
Vikings Comedy Hour

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 7, 2010
The Vikings team cares more about getting Favre to 300 starts than getting better as a football team. They are not making the playoffs (can hold out hope but it's not going to happen). Any other coach who's QB was 3rd to last in ratings, with the most picks would bench him for a diffferent direction. Favre is done, he's hurt. He can't/won't take himself out of the game even though he is a shell of his former self. Come on Coach, man up and pull him. Take control of your team if you want the job next year. Otherwise, you are no better than the coach you replaced.
idea

Duluth, MN

#3 Dec 7, 2010
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

it wan't entirely trash so I assumed so

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Dec 7, 2010
CT Viking Fan wrote:
The drama was only fun while we were winning last season. Now, it's just a soap opera gone out of control. Hell, even I am sick of Viking news seven days a week - mostly because it's bad news. What good ia a QB who can't run or pass? The Giant's defensive linemen are going to murder Favre on Sunday.
He doesn't want to extend the streak just to extend the streak, but what else is left?
I've said it for weeks, Favre is gone after this year, his contribution to this team is complete.
The only reason to start him is because Leslie needs some wins to secure his job, so it's actually working against us. Leslie is looking to make an impact this year, the team needs to look to the future.
Put him in for the first series if he wants, but then yank him for a look at what we have to pick from next year.
Beecharmer

United States

#5 Dec 7, 2010
Have you noticed when Favre has an injury we get all the medical latin definition about the injury? Any other player it's a broken ankle, separated shoulder, broken nose, you catch my drift..........
Beecharmer

United States

#6 Dec 7, 2010
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't want to extend the streak just to extend the streak, but what else is left?
I've said it for weeks, Favre is gone after this year, his contribution to this team is complete.
The only reason to start him is because Leslie needs some wins to secure his job, so it's actually working against us. Leslie is looking to make an impact this year, the team needs to look to the future.
Put him in for the first series if he wants, but then yank him for a look at what we have to pick from next year.
Do you really think Brett Favre would tolerate that scene on folding? C'mon on man

Since: May 10

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2010
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you on that. How come nothing is ever simple with this team?
Wayne

Hollywood, FL

#8 Dec 7, 2010
What a display of typical Vikings stupidity. The question is not "whether Favre can play this Sunday", because that is a repetitive weekly question. The real question should be "Can Favre play at a level where he can pass more than 300 yards per game, complete 75% of his passes, score at least 3 TD's and have no fumbles or interceptions?" (Pardon me if I just described Aaron Rodgers!). If you find the answer is "NO,HE CAN'T", then drop the crap and bench him,lest you become known as the Minnesota Favre's, whose only interest was helping him increase his records! Is it not possible tfor the Vikings to think beyond next Sunday?????
bakerquaker

Appleton, WI

#9 Dec 7, 2010
This is why Frasier has never received a head coaching offer despite 7 interviews. He's just another a--wipe queen afraid to put the diva in his place. I'm glad that we in Titletown, USA, had some leadership with the nads to ship Farve's hillbilly butt out of here.
Johnny Utah

River Edge, NJ

#10 Dec 7, 2010
If Leslie wants to win on sunday, he needs to see Favre's in his 16 million dollar street clothes. The dude is washed up...he's proven that after 12 games. Thanks for coming back man, but your done like the dishes.

Tavaris might never be Favre, but I would take him on my football anyday before the old man at this point, let the kid audition for the next team who will actually give him a shot. Otherwise put in Webb and see what he can do.
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 7, 2010
News flash: Headline has been changed to:

"Brett Favre Tells Frazier He Will Be The Starter Sunday"
Johnny Utah

River Edge, NJ

#12 Dec 7, 2010
Leslie is doing this entire team an injustice if he puts the ole#4 out there this Sunday.
paris

Brookfield, WI

#13 Dec 7, 2010
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>

If Leslie (cute name) wants to impress, he needs to win games WITHOUT the Legend. Leslie will get nada credit if Favre wins the game(s). Leslie needs to get some gonads and sit Favre down.
Greg

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Dec 7, 2010
This is just hear say but i'm hearing that Frasier is on the short list for the Denver Job, again just a rumor but if that's the case Frasier will probably get the job sooner rather than later. As far as Bret playing sunday i think he starts to keep the streak going but he's pulled early on and TJack plays most of the way. Like it or not this will start to give the vikings a clear opportunity to see whether or not they should keep him going forward or cut him and focus on getting a franchise QB. Remember the guy doesn't have to be the starter but he is a better than average backup and you know what you have. Identify the guy you need and if he flops you still have TJack and Joe Webb, with the rookie salary cap coming into play it's not like the vikes are going to be on the hook for 40 or 50 mil. and they still have 2 QBs, maybe not elite ones but a bridge untill they can get the guy they need.Just saying
expacker fan

Beckley, WV

#15 Dec 7, 2010
leave brett favre alone he's done nothing to be rediculed about, he has been the best quaterback bar none over the last 20 years. ALL THE RECORDS HE HOLDS AND TO BASH HIM IS TOTALLY IRREASPONIBLE AND STUPID. go vikings.
Joe Harmon

Green Bay, WI

#16 Dec 7, 2010
..we get that already - try new news for a change.
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Dec 7, 2010
expacker fan wrote:
leave brett favre alone he's done nothing to be rediculed about, he has been the best quaterback bar none over the last 20 years. ALL THE RECORDS HE HOLDS AND TO BASH HIM IS TOTALLY IRREASPONIBLE AND STUPID. go vikings.
'rediculed''quaterback''IRREAS PONIBLE' I swear to god, you mudducks are soooooo dumb....
chilly4prez

Middleton, WI

#18 Dec 7, 2010
expacker fan wrote:
Pretending that 41-year-old Brett is still an elite quarterback is irresponsible. Playing him just to pad his stats and extend his streak is stupid. Letting him start no matter how badly he hurts the team or himself is totally irresponsible and stupid. Playoff meltdowns aside, Brett's had a hell of a career, but running him out to get rag-dolled and cough up the ball week after week isn't good for anyone but the opposition and the Favre haters. And recalling how good he was last year, last decade, or last century isn't going to help the Vikings win games or prepare for next year.
Clancy

Klamath Falls, OR

#19 Dec 7, 2010
I thought the soap opera was over for this year. Now, another chapter of "Who's the Boss?" When does any QB tell his coach whether or not he will play. I don't understand that. In Favre's case I think it would be to his benefit, and the team's to sit this one and the next three out. The Giants will absolutely demolish him.I remember seeing a movie or hearing of an old soldier with all his medals from the service, he needed help, but could get only a few dollars for them. It might be different playing in 300 consecutive games, the media and advertising would eat this up. The soldier risked his life and limbs for our country. The pay and accomodations were not great.He didn't have a choice, he couldn't sit that one out
pars

Neenah, WI

#20 Dec 7, 2010
Frazier has been Favred. Counting on Brett to be honest about anything is naive. Leslie--you make the decision--not him. Quit playing these Favre games--who in the hell is the boss--YOU. People are sick of his BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Bills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Richie Incognito excited for his second chance ... Apr 8 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Bills' Rex Ryan: 'We're coming after' the Patriots Apr 3 Too late 35
News Buffalo Bills owner not opposed to franchise in... Mar 31 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Businessman who staved off blackouts applauds N... Mar '15 The Chub Shave Club 1
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News New York Jets' Jeremy Kerley - What's In Store ... Mar '15 Johnsons Wood 2
News McCoy pleased to be in Buffalo, where he feels ... Mar '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web