Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage To The Politician Who Is Offended By An NFL Player Supporting It

Sep 7, 2012 | Posted by: Gay And Proud | Full story: deadspin.com

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo has spoken out in favor of a Maryland ballot initiative that would legalize gay marriage. Yahoo has published a letter that Maryland state delegate Emmett C. Burns Jr. wrote last week to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, urging him to "inhibit such expressions from your employee." This is Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe's response to Burns.

Comments
1 - 20 of 137 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Way to go Kluwe! Now get the rest of your teammates to fight the marriage ban on the ballot in Minnesota!!

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Why does it seem like the only ones who get magically turned into lustful cockmonsters are the ones who repress their sexuality and won't let it out so that it doesn't become an obsession.
david traversa

Tucuman, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Sei wrote:
Why does it seem like the only ones who get magically turned into lustful cockmonsters are the ones who repress their sexuality and won't let it out so that it doesn't become an obsession.
They can't reason that far..

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

You make "Lustful Cockmonster" sound like a negative thing.

:(

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

I commend both of these men for stepping out and standing up for something they believe in........now, if more folks took this action instead of remain quiet on this issue......MAYBE, just maybe....this ISSUE would not be taking center stage all of the time!!!

We, as a nation do have better issues tot deal with.....and though this issue is extremely important........the Republicans are just using it as a diversionary tactic because THEY AIN'T GOT SQUAT ON HOW TO FIX THE ECONOMY OR ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

Politicians NEED to be held accountable for NOT doing their jobs and not fulfilling their promises in 2010 when they got elected in a sweeping manner!!!

I listened to 2 politicians today, one running for reelection.....the other wanting his shot at making promises about doing something he DIDN'T do while the Governor of Massachusetts!!!

President Obama has made some mistakes......no doubt about that......however Romney wants to seriously break the middle class American family, wants to continue to give tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans all while spitting on the poor, the elderly and our children's education......and DRAIN OUR NATURAL RESOURCES, which will basically ruin our environment!!!!

I may not totally agree with what the President has done, but I do believe he is being realistic about what needs to be done........Romney promises 12 million jobs......KNOWING that there are roughly 23 million Americans out of work.........so, in his speech today in Iowa, he basically stated that 11 million Americans aren't worth having jobs or being able to support their families.

Clinton/Rice 2016!!!!

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

This man has colourful language down packed and he uses it extremely well in that email. Man I would have loved to see the bigot's face when he got it.
John e

Geneseo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Bravo, well written and I hope it gets a lot of people off their soap boxes.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

FaFoxy wrote:
You make "Lustful Cockmonster" sound like a negative thing.
:(
On some things we can agree. This is one of them.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

I especially LOVED:

" ...(the Russian judge gives you a 10 for "beautiful oppressionism")... "

Coffee EVERYWHERE!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Followup on the piece:

http://deadspin.com/5941541/heres-chris-kluwe...

Chris is sure a cutie!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

LOL
We need Chris here in the TOPIX chat room
His first assignment: David the Troll
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Before I read a single response complaining that he should *never* have dared to send this and *never* have dared to speak as he did, I am going to APPLAUD this man for doing what I wish were happening exponentially more often: brutal, even vicious (where warranted) honesty, rather than all this pussyfooting around and this *TERROR* that the "antigay will hate us more!" They will always hate you and will never stop attempting to destroy you. B-R-A-V-O to this letter. More, please. Much more.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

OH GOOD, LOL! Everyone loved it.

I loved it.

Nothing is being accomplished by people squelching their emotions. The trick is not to get out of hand; be as acidic and uncompromising as you want. Be colorful. Express your *right to be you* and your *right to be free in this country*. Period.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

One final point:

Whatever anyone may think of it,*this* is the type of action that will get the younger generations to think being pro-gay is cool. I wouldn't advocate it exclusively in this context, but *this* will make them sit up and take notice and actually HEAR ABOUT this.(Numerous younger-generation people are exceedingly pro-gay, as it is. This can only help.)
Omni Impotent

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

hi hi wrote:
One final point:
Whatever anyone may think of it,*this* is the type of action that will get the younger generations to think being pro-gay is cool. I wouldn't advocate it exclusively in this context, but *this* will make them sit up and take notice and actually HEAR ABOUT this.(Numerous younger-generation people are exceedingly pro-gay, as it is. This can only help.)
You just posted separately and consecutively three apparently related messages. Are you incapable of consolidating your thoughts into one cohesive post? Or are you just nuts?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Omni Impotent wrote:
<quoted text>
You just posted separately and consecutively three apparently related messages. Are you incapable of consolidating your thoughts into one cohesive post? Or are you just nuts?
It's called having additional thoughts after posting.
The first one was before reading any of the posts, therefore he only made two consecutive posts that could have been one. Although again, he may have not thought of the point in his second post until he had already made his first.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Omni Impotent wrote:
<quoted text>
You post, separately and daily, multiple messages of homophobic drivel. Are you incapable of consolidating your bigotry into one cohesive post? Or are you just nuts?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Omni Impotent wrote:
<quoted text>
hi hi is a pro. He outlined his actions before he began:
1. He expressed his thoughts before he read the news article
2. He expressed his thoughts after he read the news article
3. He commented on the positive affect the news article will have on gay rights

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

hi hi wrote:
Before I read a single response complaining that he should *never* have dared to send this and *never* have dared to speak as he did, I am going to APPLAUD this man for doing what I wish were happening exponentially more often: brutal, even vicious (where warranted) honesty, rather than all this pussyfooting around and this *TERROR* that the "antigay will hate us more!" They will always hate you and will never stop attempting to destroy you. B-R-A-V-O to this letter. More, please. Much more.
Expecting the LGBT community to accommodate the anti-gay makes as much sense as expecting the African-American community to accommodate the KKK's concerns.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Omni Impotent wrote:
<quoted text>
I will post as I please at all times, end of discussion.

I *p-r-o-m-i-s-e* that I am not affected by internet trolls attempting to *FORCE* me to change my behavior, except to come rapidly to a conclusion that they are the problem. You will gain *nnnnothing* more than that, mark my words.

I'm. Not. Interested.

Take your vomit elsewhere.

Am I clear?

Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••