49ers' Third-Game Pattern Worries Fans

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Bay Area

The 49ers lost in Seattle after beating the Pats impressively the week before. How can a team as strong as the 49ers not have more than a two-game winning streak? Why have the Niners failed to win every third game they've played? And the biggest question of all: Will the third-game curse be in effect this Sunday when the 49ers travel to Atlanta to ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I'm going big with the 49ers.....think they are a better team and better coached, than the Falcons.....as they lost the NFC Championship game last year, this is what they have been focused on.....

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I'm going big with the 49ers.....think they are a better team and better coached, than the Falcons.....as they lost the NFC Championship game last year, this is what they have been focused on.....
The latest open line out of Vegas has them at -3.

Don't underestimate the Falcons - although their fan base isn't sh*t, they do match up well with the 9ers better than my Packers did last week :(

That being said - this game will be a score fest.

I'm going with Atlanta - 45-42 (in overtime).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't underestimate the Falcons - although their fan base isn't sh*t, they do match up well with the 9ers better than my Packers did last week :(
I think the Niners pass rush get's to Ryan....I'll go 49ers 31 Falcons 17.....and, Pats 34 Ravens 21.....Brady's too much for an aging and wounded, Baltimore D....
nfl fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

atlanta's fan base isn't shit ?? are you seriously delusional
Birds of pray

Hollidaysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

nfl fan wrote:
atlanta's fan base isn't shit ?? are you seriously delusional
Long time fan this clown don't know his ass from a hole in the ground
Carol Sutherland

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

All I can say, Go Niners!!!! I have been a fan for more than 40 yrs. I will be watching Sunday.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

49ers all the way, Atlanta is too soft. They made a good comeback against Seattle, but thats not the norm for this team.

“I know where you are,”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Welp, that didn't work out the way I thought it would - GO RAVENS!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

49er's were lucky they got Atlanta, instead of Seattle.....so, brother vs brother...that's kinda classic, eh? What an interesting family....

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
ha!!! falcons did not even belong on the same field as the 9ers, atlanta could have used their smaller faster rushing offense better in a lot of different ways including killing time, the first two touchdowns in the first quarter for the falcons???--- those were push off offensive pass interference by jones and in my mind did not count, the same ref made other bad calls and mistakes thoughout the day-- falcons had the official in pocket so to speak!!,-- a too easy of a schedule for the falcons this year combined with illegal drugs and bad coaching whose alcohol habit got in way of a victory with the 9ers.

“I know where you are,”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

ZOMBIE COMMUNIST wrote:
<quoted text>ha!!! falcons did not even belong on the same field as the 9ers, atlanta could have used their smaller faster rushing offense better in a lot of different ways including killing time, the first two touchdowns in the first quarter for the falcons???--- those were push off offensive pass interference by jones and in my mind did not count, the same ref made other bad calls and mistakes thoughout the day-- falcons had the official in pocket so to speak!!,-- a too easy of a schedule for the falcons this year combined with illegal drugs and bad coaching whose alcohol habit got in way of a victory with the 9ers.
I suppose you believe in Bigfoot, flying saucers and the Easter Bunny too, huh?

The 40-whiners ran over the Falcons. A feat that will not be repeated against the Ravens - they have a much more physical defense than Green Bay or Atlanta.

Ravens by 10.

“Just a lil' humor there.....”

Since: Sep 12

OR NOT .... <[;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
49er's were lucky they got Atlanta, instead of Seattle.....so, brother vs brother...that's kinda classic, eh? What an interesting family....
That is terrific. Someone told me yesterday that these men's father, who was a quarterback, was a terrific player and he said he watched him in a game run 60 yards to gain ten. Haha - Dodging back and forth, but he got the down. What a play and apparently they did win that game. Can't remember what team he played on and obviously before my time watching.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

PESCreate wrote:
<quoted text>
That is terrific. Someone told me yesterday that these men's father, who was a quarterback, was a terrific player and he said he watched him in a game run 60 yards to gain ten. Haha - Dodging back and forth, but he got the down. What a play and apparently they did win that game. Can't remember what team he played on and obviously before my time watching.
I know the dad coached at my father's alma matter, Western Michigan and he won a National Championship at Western Kentucky....They showed a photo of the family when the boys were kids, and they look just like him, when he was younger....the sister is even married to Tom Crean, the basketball coach at, Indiana......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

BTW, Sports Illustrated had a great article about the Harbaugh family, last year.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you believe in Bigfoot, flying saucers and the Easter Bunny too, huh?
The 40-whiners ran over the Falcons. A feat that will not be repeated against the Ravens - they have a much more physical defense than Green Bay or Atlanta.
Ravens by 10.
The falcons next season will be a top team for sure, the 9ers are aging, but juilo jones pushed off so bad off whitner, whitner might have payed juilo for the personal time. The 9ers overcame a bad ref with skill and determination, they deserve the win and juilo deserves two pass interference calls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I'd say, Seahawks are gonna be HUGE, next season....

“I know where you are,”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

The Falcons can't win the big game in Atlanta. Green Bay owns their ass in the Georgia Dome. So does New York, San Francisco and Tampa Bay among others.

When was the last time a "run and shoot" quarterback survived two full seasons in the NFL, injury-free?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I'd say, Seahawks are gonna be HUGE, next season....
seahawks don't have the coaching, they led the nfl in a lot of team categories and could not pull it together.
DaveMC in the Grey

Coronado, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I gotta go with the 9ers in the superbowl...on top Ravens offense being no match for 9ers defense I think Jim is a much better coach than John.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
The Falcons can't win the big game in Atlanta. Green Bay owns their ass in the Georgia Dome. So does New York, San Francisco and Tampa Bay among others.
When was the last time a "run and shoot" quarterback survived two full seasons in the NFL, injury-free?
That theory only works till they win out, in the next coupla years....if i was Gonzalez, i might stay one more year....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atlanta Falcons Forum right now

Search the Atlanta Falcons Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Oakland Raiders: Michael Vick or Tim Tebow? Mar 26 Da Bible 20
Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace ... agreed to... (Sep '07) Mar 24 For Unlawful Carnal Knowl 24
Agent: Jon Asamoah Took Less Money To Go To Atl... Mar '14 KC MasterPOS 2
Dogfighter tied to Michael Vick gets 13-plus years (Jun '08) Mar '14 Appalchia Dog Lover 307
Oakland Raiders: Michael Vick or Tim Tebow? Mar '14 Just the Facts 11
Aaron Donald, Falcons Draft Pick? Feb '14 pablo 1
Potential Falcons Free Agent Target Profile: Br... Feb '14 A Town 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••