Michael Vick rises again

Michael Vick rises again

There are 136 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jul 13, 2012, titled Michael Vick rises again. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Michael Vick tortured and killed dogs that did not perform up to his expectations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Jun 12

Wayne, NJ

#21 Jul 14, 2012
cantstandhaters wrote:
<quoted text>I think that you are truly missing the point as it relates to the haters on this forum, especially ther person who refers to himself as Vick Hater/ConVickT and a host of other names, you are aware that its the same person, using multiple names. These people have little if any interest in defenseless animals, they are pure racist and their true dislike/hate for Vick has nothing at all to do with their love for animals. Don't take my word for it read some of their earlier posts, you will learn what their real hate is all about . This is coming from the owner of two rescue dogs, I'll bet they don't have any.
Damn, if I was 5 minutes later I wouldn't have had to post at all. Hahahaha. You had this covered to a tee, at the same time I was typing. Great post my friend.
Vick Hater

United States

#22 Jul 14, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to your question is simple.
People that dislike Tiger Woods typically do so because of his infidelity.
People that dislike Mel Gibson do so because of his drunken anti-semitism.
People that dislike M. Vick do so because of his heartless cruelty towards animals.
Polarization affects people differently depending on their personal views and beliefs. Because you may lack compassion and empathy or beliefs in something doesn't mean we should too.
Look within before you lash out.
You make some excellent points..and you being able to forgive since he served his time makes you a better person than me...if Vick were truly sorry for what he did then maybe I could forgive..but never forget..the only thing Vick is sorry about is getting caught...a grown man having the benefit of an education doing what he did for most of his adult life is just unforgivable..only a sociopath could possibly do what he did..and you are right about never forgetting what he did..takes as many people as possible to keep a close watch on him to make sure he doesn't return to dog fighting..he has quite an ego..after all, continuing the killings, and torturing of the dogs for so many years he figured what he was doing was no big deal and he figured he could get away with it..why anyone in their right mind would ever think of doing the sadistic things he did makes him a sociopath by definition..so sure there will always be a watch on him..when his career is over which won't be much longer..then we will see the evil come out..his whole life has been..drugs, dog fighting, illegal guns, knives..etc...hard to imagine he will ever see the light and will end up dead by being murdered or in jail once his football career is over..but thanks for your thoughts you do make a lot of sense!

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#23 Jul 14, 2012
@Cantstandhaters and dogs are not people:
I'm from Tulsa, Ok. I have my location hidden because it's simply my right to inform who I want of my location when I want. I'm not hiding at all, I just don't want to be judged because of where I reside. I also do appreciate the fact that you came at me with some respect and didn't do the opposite.
Now on to the topic. You're right, I haven't gone over what some of these people have said in all other threads in these forums to make a sound case or judgement for or against them but in this specific thread I see no racism. Maybe they have on other threads but this specific conversation doesn't say racism. It says anger and frustration and hostility and yes, some is hate.
That's why in my initial post I wished they'd let go of the negative feelings they have for Vick because harboring it is just no good and it can eventually consume you and forgive his past actions but never forget what he did to keep the spotlight on animal cruelty therefore being a possible deterrent for people that want to go the same way as Vick did.
If some of them are being racist show me and I will have my say on that too because to me, being racist is much worse than being cruel to an animal but doing either is horrible.
I just believe common ground can be found if you both are truly aware and conscious of what Vick has done because I've read people in this specific thread gloating that Vick has $100 million now and he's a winner while they're losers etc etc. I really didn't know being wealthy defined you morally. Remember, Vick was a multimillionaire when he committed those unspeakable acts so maybe it might've been best he didn't get all those millions back?

Lastly, I don't "align" with certain people. I'm a proponent for truth and equality for all people.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#24 Jul 14, 2012
dogs are not people wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you explain that to the haters ? I'm just proving a point, that if you don't narrow down the most hated people to "only athletes" Vick's name doesn't even come up, even though 2 other athletes names do. End of story.
To tackle this statement is also simple. I haven't cared to research, but how many threads are about Mel Gibson and his antisemitism currently? Few to none currently I presume.

Tiger Woods' threads on here? Few to none.

Mike Vick has tons of threads currently ranging from clothing lines to how great a guy he is now. It's not just because he's an athlete my friend, it's because he has polarized the world in such a way we've never seen a person of his profession do before. You literally have hundreds of thousands of people defending him just like you have the same against him.

The point is, wrong is wrong is wrong no matter if you're an athlete, a dump truck driver or a doctor.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#25 Jul 14, 2012
Vick Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some excellent points..and you being able to forgive since he served his time makes you a better person than me...if Vick were truly sorry for what he did then maybe I could forgive..but never forget..the only thing Vick is sorry about is getting caught...a grown man having the benefit of an education doing what he did for most of his adult life is just unforgivable..only a sociopath could possibly do what he did..and you are right about never forgetting what he did..takes as many people as possible to keep a close watch on him to make sure he doesn't return to dog fighting..he has quite an ego..after all, continuing the killings, and torturing of the dogs for so many years he figured what he was doing was no big deal and he figured he could get away with it..why anyone in their right mind would ever think of doing the sadistic things he did makes him a sociopath by definition..so sure there will always be a watch on him..when his career is over which won't be much longer..then we will see the evil come out..his whole life has been..drugs, dog fighting, illegal guns, knives..etc...hard to imagine he will ever see the light and will end up dead by being murdered or in jail once his football career is over..but thanks for your thoughts you do make a lot of sense!
Thanks but I'm no better at all. We all get caught up, fixated on something near and dear to us so please don't take it like I'm coming down on you for not forgiving a man who really has done something unforgivable. I just don't want to see good people turning hateful because of a hateful, careless person or cause.

You're right, he is by definition a sociopath and would he have turned himself over for ALL the illegal things he was actually doing and had a hand in also? Doubtful, because his actions don't speak to the contrary. The fruit also doesn't seem to fall far from the tree in his family either so that presents less hope that he has actually learned something and is truly free of all his evil actions.

I hope he has changed and right now, he deserves the benefit of the doubt because he's paid his due according to our "justice system" but if he has not changed, he doesn't need to be extinguished quickly in prison, he just needs to live a looong life of solitary confinement near an animal shelter. Justice then will be served.
Vick Hater

Bellevue, WA

#26 Jul 14, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but I'm no better at all. We all get caught up, fixated on something near and dear to us so please don't take it like I'm coming down on you for not forgiving a man who really has done something unforgivable. I just don't want to see good people turning hateful because of a hateful, careless person or cause.
You're right, he is by definition a sociopath and would he have turned himself over for ALL the illegal things he was actually doing and had a hand in also? Doubtful, because his actions don't speak to the contrary. The fruit also doesn't seem to fall far from the tree in his family either so that presents less hope that he has actually learned something and is truly free of all his evil actions.
I hope he has changed and right now, he deserves the benefit of the doubt because he's paid his due according to our "justice system" but if he has not changed, he doesn't need to be extinguished quickly in prison, he just needs to live a looong life of solitary confinement near an animal shelter. Justice then will be served.
You do sound wise....something we are not used to...haha
cantstandhaters

Ypsilanti, MI

#27 Jul 14, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
I'm from Tulsa, Ok. I have my location hidden because it's simply my right to inform who I want of my location when I want. I'm not hiding at all, I just don't want to be judged because of where I reside. I also do appreciate the fact that you came at me with some respect and didn't do the opposite.
Now on to the topic. You're right, I haven't gone over what some of these people have said in all other threads in these forums to make a sound case or judgement for or against them but in this specific thread I see no racism. Maybe they have on other threads but this specific conversation doesn't say racism. It says anger and frustration and hostility and yes, some is hate.
That's why in my initial post I wished they'd let go of the negative feelings they have for Vick because harboring it is just no good and it can eventually consume you and forgive his past actions but never forget what he did to keep the spotlight on animal cruelty therefore being a possible deterrent for people that want to go the same way as Vick did.
If some of them are being racist show me and I will have my say on that too because to me, being racist is much worse than being cruel to an animal but doing either is horrible.
I just believe common ground can be found if you both are truly aware and conscious of what Vick has done because I've read people in this specific thread gloating that Vick has $100 million now and he's a winner while they're losers etc etc. I really didn't know being wealthy defined you morally. Remember, Vick was a multimillionaire when he committed those unspeakable acts so maybe it might've been best he didn't get all those millions back?
Lastly, I don't "align" with certain people. I'm a proponent for truth and equality for all people.
Let me say this, if these people were truly concerned about the welfare of animals that's one thing, however that is not there purpose. I understand what you are saying and to some degree I agree with what you are saying. You are suggesting that people want to keep this subject with Vick alive, simply because they don't want people to forget what occured, well I think that an excuse "keeping it alive is simply a convience", when in fact there are other terrible crimes that have been committed people don't want to talk about because they want it forgotten, really can't have it both was, not just when it suits whoever. However its unfair of you to make a statement like this, when in fact you haven't read their previous comments, which are indeed racist to say the least. ConVictT aka Vick Hater and lot of other names has been on this site since day 1, he has on numerous occassions joined other sites by using multiple names, only to make nasty racist comments, even on this forum he is currently using multiple names and ISP. In fact he has been banned from Topix more than once for doing just that, making nasty racial comments. Yes we have made many references to Vick's contract in addition to him being a winner, I don't see a thing wrong with that not at all, but again that conversation has gone both ways. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to take the time to truly know what you are talking about before you make such a statement. One more thing I have been using the name "cantstandhaters" because I can't stand hate, or people who promote it.
cantstandhaters

Ypsilanti, MI

#28 Jul 15, 2012
Vick Hater wrote:
<quoted text> You do sound wise....something we are not used to...haha
Funny how these comments are written, sounds like you may have found another name and ISP to me.

Wayne, NJ

#29 Jul 15, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
I can't add much to cantstandhaters PERFECT post except to emphasize... Yes it's your right to keep your location private, but you will lose credibility because of it. Sorry. Too many people with too many names on here. Until your location appears in blue (which means you haven't typed it in) you'll have to excuse those of us who have seen too many name changes by others on here to not feel that way. cantstandhaters is dead right on everything else as well. You really need to understand the personality of the people on here . The racism is all over these boards. Anyone can say anything they want when they're under control, but when they get pissed, the true reason for their hate comes out. That's why we rile them up. To show where their hate really lies. They don't have the self control it takes to keep the BS and racism in check when they've been proven wrong. This is also why I warned you about aligning yourself with these people. With your hidden location, and aligning yourself with people who do nothing but make up BS about other people and spew hate,(rarely if ever making a valid point) you're setting yourself up to be considered as the same. You seem fairly intelligent, I'm sure you can understand that.
Guess I added more than I expected.
cantstandhaters

Ypsilanti, MI

#30 Jul 15, 2012
Vick Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to say this, don't gve a sht if you call me a racist or not, take this anyway you want. But you position is in keeping a "close" watch on Vick is the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. Fact is you folks are mad he didn't fail the way you prayed he would. Vick is a public figure he doesn't need you or anyone else to "keep a close watch on him". He has three codefendants are you keeping a "close watch" on them as well......hell no, you only want to keep the "close watch" on Vick because Vick is the one making the millions. You call him a sociopath, well tell me what you call white folks who are are responsible for the deaths of thousands of blacks, by way of torturing, haning, beating, drowning, burning, hanging etc simply because they didn't like the color of their skin. I call them sociopaths, that's what I call them. Please don't get confused with that statement I am not talking about slavery. Funny when this subject is brought up, the first thing that will come out of your mouths is, it happened during slavery, or it happened years ago. And you do that because you don't want anyone to mention your ugly history, but yet you want to continue to bash this man, because you don't want people to forget what he did, well that's the same way I feel about whites and what they did to blacks for years and years, some of those folks who committed those crimes are still walking around here today as if they didn't do a thing. Most were never even brought to justice. I don't want you to forget. Now you can call me a racist I don't give a shit.

Oh yes btw you're not fooling me with these comments.
Vick Hater

United States

#31 Jul 15, 2012
cantstandhaters wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to say this, don't gve a sht if you call me a racist or not, take this anyway you want. But you position is in keeping a "close" watch on Vick is the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. Fact is you folks are mad he didn't fail the way you prayed he would. Vick is a public figure he doesn't need you or anyone else to "keep a close watch on him". He has three codefendants are you keeping a "close watch" on them as well......hell no, you only want to keep the "close watch" on Vick because Vick is the one making the millions. You call him a sociopath, well tell me what you call white folks who are are responsible for the deaths of thousands of blacks, by way of torturing, haning, beating, drowning, burning, hanging etc simply because they didn't like the color of their skin. I call them sociopaths, that's what I call them. Please don't get confused with that statement I am not talking about slavery. Funny when this subject is brought up, the first thing that will come out of your mouths is, it happened during slavery, or it happened years ago. And you do that because you don't want anyone to mention your ugly history, but yet you want to continue to bash this man, because you don't want people to forget what he did, well that's the same way I feel about whites and what they did to blacks for years and years, some of those folks who committed those crimes are still walking around here today as if they didn't do a thing. Most were never even brought to justice. I don't want you to forget. Now you can call me a racist I don't give a shit.
This whole Vick thing is personal and should not have anything to do with race....maybe because dog fighting is in the black culture it turns into a race thing..but its not just dog fighting..its many things Vick did in his life to this point..torturing the helpless dogs being by far the worst..the money he makes will never change who he is..I can't speak for the others, only myself..and yes, looking up the definition of a sociopath, Vick does meet the requirements of a sociopath..that is not to say he is the only sociopath in the world..sure there are others..plenty of serial killers..the difference being an animal has no voice..we have to speak for them..and what Vick did was unforgivable..and once again that doesn't mean he is the only person who did unforgivable things in this world..but the animal has no voice..so its up to the many concerned good people to be their voice..
So if you are a racist or not, that is up to you and is no concern of mine..and I am Vick Hater..I have always posted only as Vick Hater..way too much trouble to make up new names..you..gaysplat can use as many as you like..I know Jim has used several, but he has admitted using the different names and I recall him explaining the reason for each name..and I also know the realgenevalove has used a few and also admitted it..doesn't really matter how many different names are used, its what one says that counts!

Wayne, NJ

#32 Jul 15, 2012
cantstandhaters wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to say this, don't gve a sht if you call me a racist or not, take this anyway you want. But you position is in keeping a "close" watch on Vick is the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. Fact is you folks are mad he didn't fail the way you prayed he would. Vick is a public figure he doesn't need you or anyone else to "keep a close watch on him". He has three codefendants are you keeping a "close watch" on them as well......hell no, you only want to keep the "close watch" on Vick because Vick is the one making the millions. You call him a sociopath, well tell me what you call white folks who are are responsible for the deaths of thousands of blacks, by way of torturing, haning, beating, drowning, burning, hanging etc simply because they didn't like the color of their skin. I call them sociopaths, that's what I call them. Please don't get confused with that statement I am not talking about slavery. Funny when this subject is brought up, the first thing that will come out of your mouths is, it happened during slavery, or it happened years ago. And you do that because you don't want anyone to mention your ugly history, but yet you want to continue to bash this man, because you don't want people to forget what he did, well that's the same way I feel about whites and what they did to blacks for years and years, some of those folks who committed those crimes are still walking around here today as if they didn't do a thing. Most were never even brought to justice. I don't want you to forget. Now you can call me a racist I don't give a shit.
Ya know, the really sad part is, I think they actually assume we call them haters only because of Vick. Like hating him alone is their worst or only character flaw.
I wish one of them would have the guts to go into one of their "fried chicken and watermelon at Vick's wedding" rants for this latest poster to see. Or call a black woman a "Girlilla" like they've done so many times in the past. It just proves that the racists are still the most gutless pile of turds out there. Always have been... Always will be.
Vick Hater

United States

#33 Jul 15, 2012
dogs are not people wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, the really sad part is, I think they actually assume we call them haters only because of Vick. Like hating him alone is their worst or only character flaw.
I wish one of them would have the guts to go into one of their "fried chicken and watermelon at Vick's wedding" rants for this latest poster to see. Or call a black woman a "Girlilla" like they've done so many times in the past. It just proves that the racists are still the most gutless pile of turds out there. Always have been... Always will be.
I am a Hater..a Vick hater and proud of it..the other comments about the girlilla, you being gay etc. are just retaliations to your comments..and they are stickly personal to you two..doesn't mean I hate other gay's or other black people..I just hate you..very simple..don't make it more complicated than it is..hahaha!
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

#34 Jul 15, 2012
cantstandhaters wrote:
LMGDAO

I just knew I had you pegged to a "t". Your inability to let go of a past of which you had "NO PART IN" merely illustrates your ignorance and lack of sense. Things aren't like that anymore, "Miss Poor, poor, me because I'm black". We have a black president who wouldn't be there but for the millions upon millions of WHITE people who voted for him. No, racism isn't gone. It will exist forever. Some whites will always not get along with blacks and vice versa, for whatever their reasons, but the prevalence of the ignorant and hateful characteristic is slowly but surely lessening.

I, and many others, initially appeared on this forum simply to express our contempt and disgust for an aberration who had millions of dollars, a dream career, and in his own words had the "world in his hands" and instead chose to take part in savaging innocent, voiceless animals. We also said it didn't matter that vick was black, white, green, blue, or purple because we would be saying the same thing about him. And that's still the truth. The racial bantering didn't exist until the vick apologists came here and started the baseless accusations of racism. I, myself, tired of defending myself and simply said that you accusers and your baseless racism could kiss my ass and that, in fact, it is YOU who are the racists. Which is still true to this day. Your little diatribe above proves that I was right about you all along. Thanks for owning up to what you really are.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#35 Jul 15, 2012
Ok, where to begin...? Location is revealed. I hope that helps you guys with my credibility issues?

I understand where all of you are coming from and yes, I have personally experienced racism, bigotry and total hate on these Topix forums numerous times. When someone found out where I lived he/she went on to comment saying "the Murrah building(OKC bombing)coming down wasn't necessarily a bad thing, those people deserved to die" amongst 10's of other bigoted and racist comments from that same person and many many others.

That was one of the reasons I kept my location hidden because I feel where you come from doesn't necessarily define you it's what you do and say that does and a hidden location also eliminates the possibility of being prejudged as I am not the typical bible belt resident.

So, to be honest I was a fan of M. Vick before what he was doing was revealed and while I'm not a major supporter of him now I do want him to succeed and do a 180 and never revert back to his old ways. He is outspoken now on animal cruelty and he does it all now, on his own. Meaning he's no longer being made to by the NFL and animal rights groups which is a positive step IMO.

I know I'm going to take it from both sides here now but from what I have actually read on this thread and other Vick threads both sides have resorted to juvenile tactics and name calling all outside the topic. It has turned very personal and the true message has become clouded.

I can honestly see where the "anti-Vick" side is coming from but it's harder to see where the "Vick supporters" are coming from.

Ok so, you Vick supporters are trying to say that you maintain a strong dislike for the people that hate Vick due to Vick doing what he did to helpless animals because they feel he can't be trusted yet?

I really think that you Vick supporters if you truly feel Vick has changed and are really anti-hate should be a little more empathetic and maintain a "wait and see" approach because Vick's actions say animal killer. His words now say he's reformed. Actions speak louder than words and none of of here are able to see the future right? Fighting hate with basically hate only gets you more hate. If those people are being racist we'll see it one day or you can link me to it directly. Both sides just need to take a step back and see that neither side has committed those atrocious acts to those animals. Only one guy did that.
cantstandhaters

Ypsilanti, MI

#36 Jul 15, 2012
Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
LMGDAO
I just knew I had you pegged to a "t". Your inability to let go of a past of which you had "NO PART IN" merely illustrates your ignorance and lack of sense. Things aren't like that anymore, "Miss Poor, poor, me because I'm black". We have a black president who wouldn't be there but for the millions upon millions of WHITE people who voted for him. No, racism isn't gone. It will exist forever. Some whites will always not get along with blacks and vice versa, for whatever their reasons, but the prevalence of the ignorant and hateful characteristic is slowly but surely lessening.
I, and many others, initially appeared on this forum simply to express our contempt and disgust for an aberration who had millions of dollars, a dream career, and in his own words had the "world in his hands" and instead chose to take part in savaging innocent, voiceless animals. We also said it didn't matter that vick was black, white, green, blue, or purple because we would be saying the same thing about him. And that's still the truth. The racial bantering didn't exist until the vick apologists came here and started the baseless accusations of racism. I, myself, tired of defending myself and simply said that you accusers and your baseless racism could kiss my ass and that, in fact, it is YOU who are the racists. Which is still true to this day. Your little diatribe above proves that I was right about you all along. Thanks for owning up to what you really are.
First of all lets get this straight I am a long long way from being poor of anything, and another thing I don't believe I have ever NOT ONCE, told you or anyone else my race, thirdly I never once said all whites are racist NOT ONCE. I am well aware racism still exist, it was just last year a black man was found hanging in a tree right there in Missippi, it hasn't been that long ago when a black man was dragged behind the truck of a white man, and even less time than that when a group of white teenagers set out to find someone black to beat and kill (those are just a few) so yes I am well aware that racism still exists. You appear to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. You accuse blacks of being "ignorant' because of their failure to move beyond what happened in the past, but on the same note you refuse to move on as it relates to Vick and what happened in his past, actually you sound like the ignorant one. So in other words its ok for you to continue to dwell on the past but its wrong for others, which is pretty much what I was saying in the first place. Really do you think I care even a little bit about how you feel about me, or what you think.....do you really, sorry to disappoint you I DON'T. As far as kissing asses, that also goes both ways. Again I am not a racist, however I do know racism when I see it, and I see it when it comes the the subject of Michael Vick.
cantstandhaters

Ypsilanti, MI

#37 Jul 15, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
Ok, where to begin...? Location is revealed. I hope that helps you guys with my credibility issues?
I understand where all of you are coming from and yes, I have personally experienced racism, bigotry and total hate on these Topix forums numerous times. When someone found out where I lived he/she went on to comment saying "the Murrah building(OKC bombing)coming down wasn't necessarily a bad thing, those people deserved to die" amongst 10's of other bigoted and racist comments from that same person and many many others.
That was one of the reasons I kept my location hidden because I feel where you come from doesn't necessarily define you it's what you do and say that does and a hidden location also eliminates the possibility of being prejudged as I am not the typical bible belt resident.
So, to be honest I was a fan of M. Vick before what he was doing was revealed and while I'm not a major supporter of him now I do want him to succeed and do a 180 and never revert back to his old ways. He is outspoken now on animal cruelty and he does it all now, on his own. Meaning he's no longer being made to by the NFL and animal rights groups which is a positive step IMO.
I know I'm going to take it from both sides here now but from what I have actually read on this thread and other Vick threads both sides have resorted to juvenile tactics and name calling all outside the topic. It has turned very personal and the true message has become clouded.
I can honestly see where the "anti-Vick" side is coming from but it's harder to see where the "Vick supporters" are coming from.
Ok so, you Vick supporters are trying to say that you maintain a strong dislike for the people that hate Vick due to Vick doing what he did to helpless animals because they feel he can't be trusted yet?
I really think that you Vick supporters if you truly feel Vick has changed and are really anti-hate should be a little more empathetic and maintain a "wait and see" approach because Vick's actions say animal killer. His words now say he's reformed. Actions speak louder than words and none of of here are able to see the future right? Fighting hate with basically hate only gets you more hate. If those people are being racist we'll see it one day or you can link me to it directly. Both sides just need to take a step back and see that neither side has committed those atrocious acts to those animals. Only one guy did that.
Exactly what is your point, it might be a good idea if you followed your own advice. Make no mistake about it I have never used the word hate towards anyone on this forum EVER. You came on this site just yesterday passing judegment on comments made by those who support Vick, without knowing why such comments were made. So far his actions says he has reformed and done so in a very big way. You're wrong it wasn't just one guy who mistreated animals, I guess you forgot about the two codefendants, not to mention the numerous other cases of animal cruelty, stop trying to act like this is the first time in history that animals have been abused, stop pretending that Vick is the only person who has committed these crimes against animals, when in fact there are thousands upon thousands of cases involving animal cruelty, long before the Vick, and since the Vick case. Vick just happens to the only case folks want to talk about.
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

#38 Jul 15, 2012
cantstandhaters wrote:
<quoted text>First of all lets get this straight I am a long long way from being poor of anything, and another thing I don't believe I have ever NOT ONCE, told you or anyone else my race, thirdly I never once said all whites are racist NOT ONCE. I am well aware racism still exist, it was just last year a black man was found hanging in a tree right there in Missippi, it hasn't been that long ago when a black man was dragged behind the truck of a white man, and even less time than that when a group of white teenagers set out to find someone black to beat and kill (those are just a few) so yes I am well aware that racism still exists.
How very interesting that EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE of racism you choose to use as an example depicts white people as being racist. LMAO
cantstandhaters wrote:
<quoted text> You accuse blacks of being "ignorant' because of their failure to move beyond what happened in the past, but on the same note you refuse to move on as it relates to Vick and what happened in his past, actually you sound like the ignorant one.
Blacks? Sweetie, that implies I mean all blacks. That's your problem, you see and infer what you want. That severely limits you. ALL blacks don't dwell on the past and are able to see it for what it was and move on. YOU, however, don't have that ability and probably never will.
cantstandhaters wrote:
<quoted text> Again I am not a racist, however I do know racism when I see it, and I see it when it comes the the subject of Michael Vick.
Yes, you are and no, you don't. Your own hatred and racism blind you.

A white person expressing disgust and contempt for vick doesn't necessarily imply racism. You are not able to accept that..........and you never will.
cantstandhaters

Ypsilanti, MI

#39 Jul 15, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
Here's a good example for you, this man sits on national tv, admits to killing more than 200 dogs, has no problem with fighting and killing them, he got 6mos in jail, and admits this his how he makes his living. What I want to know is where is the outcry/outrage
There isn't any.

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1464/
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

#40 Jul 15, 2012
_Jusayin_ wrote:
He is outspoken now on animal cruelty and he does it all now, on his own. Meaning he's no longer being made to by the NFL and animal rights groups which is a positive step IMO.
Animal rights groups never had any hand in making vick denounce animal fighting/cruelty, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell did. His prerequisite for allowing vick back into the league was that vick show change and genuine remorse for his past actions. Now that he is back in the league, vick only periodically gives lip service to messages against animal cruelty/dog fighting. And, if you were a felon, convicted of dog fighting, wanting to improve your public image, wouldn't you at a minimum do the same thing? There is no record of him donating to any animal welfare association, no record of him volunteering or donating his time to benefit any type of animal welfare. IMHO, he now has what he wants and is only minimally doing what it takes to continue to "appear" remorseful for the simple purpose of trying to improve his public image. Why? What is associated with an improved public persona........more endorsements, more contracts, etc.

Again, IMHO, you don't do the perverted and horrific things vick did for most of his life to innocent animals, for fun and amusement no less, and suddenly do a 180* turn around after spending 18 months in prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Falcons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Falcons Cut Shembo Following Dog Abuse May '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Falcons Owner Arthur Blank Doesn't Take Robert ... May '15 stewart scott 6
News Atlanta Falcons: Schedule Not As Easy As It Looks May '15 tom wingo 2
News Bell: Patriots could be next team to be hammere... Apr '15 Back at you 28
News NFL fines Atlanta Falcons $350,000, takes away ... Mar '15 Noisy Losers 1
News NFL mock draft: Jameis Winston and Marcus Mario... Mar '15 Sports Morons 1
News Falcons re-sign 2014 sacks leader Kroy Biermann Mar '15 Flacontards 1
More from around the web