NFL Rumors: Green Bay Packers Will Release Offensive Starter After the Season

Dec 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rant Sports

It's being rumored that Green Bay Packers and tight end Jermichael Finley will cut ties after the 2012 season.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
eric

Pittsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Not bad at all,that will free up 7-9M per season and help sign AR,Raji or Mathews.All the talent,High ceiling and potential,but, his mouth,opinions nad his act and complaints about not being on the same page as AR is getting old.Hopefully,we can trade him and get a pick for him,but, why would someone trade for him,if we are going to cut him anyway ( if the story is true)
BeatDaBears

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Nobody trades for guys they know will be free agents, especially Finley. He is gone, will probably end up in Miami or Oakland....where he belongs. What a waste of potential talent!
Reggie10-4

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Put finley on the jets- he'd be perfect there with the rest of the island of misfit toys!! ho ho ho
eric

Pittsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

BeatDaBears wrote:
Nobody trades for guys they know will be free agents, especially Finley. He is gone, will probably end up in Miami or Oakland....where he belongs. What a waste of potential talent!
Maybe not in Finley's case but if someone is released,someone may trade to be assured they p/u that player. Hawk may be asked to take a pay cut to help out or be released/traded as Brad Jones has done enough inside and is quicker and can play outside which Hawk doesnt.
Erik Walden is a FA as well so GB may kick the tires on that one as well.
They want to sign Rodgers,Mathews,Raji ( at least 2 of them this off season)so thats a ton of cash right there,which is why Jennings is gone,Finley is gone and prob. Hawk ( or a pay cut)as again Brad Jones is there plus Desmond Bishop and DJ Smith will be back so its strickly money on that one.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

They already paid Hawk a huge amount in 2011, what almost 11 million with his signing bonuses or something?
I think he made close to 5mil this year and here is what the rest looks like.
----------
FROM PFT
“In 2013, he’ll make $5.45 million. That includes $4.9 million in base salary, a $300,000 roster bonus and a $250,000 workout bonus.
In 2014, he’ll make $5.95 million. That includes $4.9 million in base salary, an $800,000 roster bonus and a $250,000 workout bonus.
In 2015, he’ll make $6.45 million. That includes $5.4 million in base salary, an $800,000 roster bonus and a $250,000 workout bonus.
Hawk could be vulnerable to being released after 2013 depending on his play. His cap number that year will be $7.55 million, and the team would only take a $3.2 cap hit to release him.
A league source tells PFT that Hawk’s cap numbers are as follows: 2011:$4.55 million, 2012:$6.55 million, 2013:$7.05 million, 2014:$7.55 million, 2015:$8.05 million.”

----------
They may keep Hawk around for another year it seems, and I hope they do, he has had good year. Much better than last year anyway. At least they will bring him to camp and see if one of the young guys can unseat him, I doubt they can. Who is behind him on the depth chart? DJ Smith backs up Bishop.

-Walden has been solid and provides good depth. I could see him play another year in GB

- Jennings gone, wants too much money and was injured. Cobb is on the way.
- Finley – who knows, I think it depends on the rest of the year. He has played much better as of late and made some nice catches on 3rd down.
eric

Pittsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Finley is as good as gone,I just wish they could have traded him and got something for him.
I like Hawk as well,Solid,dependable and although he doenst make to many highlight films,he makes his share and he calls the defensive plays.
The one thing,With Bishop and Smith coming back from injuries,i would think Hawk has to stay but if TT and Co. are abs. sure Bishop and Smith are healthy,i think Hawk is gone.
Desmond Moses is Hawks backup and he has played ok at LB in his rookie season and id imagine he played a lot of S.T. coverage.
THing is Brad Jones is a FA next year and hes been solid,supposed to play outside,but has played a bit inside and did well,so that may be another reason Hawk is gone.Jones can play Outside and inside,Hawk,just inst quick enough to play Outside,hes very solid inside,but,its money that can be freed up and every penny counts now,A.Rodgers,Clay Mathews and BJ Raji are going to cost the Packers a ton of cash! I just hope Ted can extend 1 of them by the end of this season and use left over cap money from this season,( front load a new deal with left over money this year,,5-6M or so left)as the cap isnt expected to go up to much per year over the next few years.IT would seem Raji would be the easiest to resign but sometimes,things are not what they seem right?
Coach Regis Philbin

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

BeatDaBears wrote:
Miami already has a TE with stone hands. Finley has played for Philbin before but ask Matt Flynn how much weight that really carries.
normallylikeyell ow

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Who's gonna tackle somebody without A.J. Hawk? I admit he makes a lot, but it's not exactly a tackling exhibition out there every week, you might have noticed. And he's tough. Rarely misses a game, which is more than you can say for any of our other backers except for Walden. I think we're talking Woodson, to be honest (our other tackler). They've won without him. It could be time... just saying...
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

I dont think Woodson will be back,unless he takes a huge paycut.Jaron McMillan proved hes ready to start,Burnett has done better this year then most years,MD Jennings is solid,Bush is ok,and Richardson will be back next year
At Corner,Williams and Hayward,Shields or Devon House at the other and the other 2 are backups

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••