BONSIGNORE: Former USC superstar Lein...

BONSIGNORE: Former USC superstar Leinart's NFL career still a w...

There are 28 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 19, 2010, titled BONSIGNORE: Former USC superstar Leinart's NFL career still a w.... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Matt Leinart will be the undisputed No. 1 starting quarterback going into this season for the Arizona Cardinals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#23 Mar 22, 2010
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me get this straight:
1) Manhattan Beach is a great place to live;
2) There are more USC fans/alumni in Manhattan Beach than there are UCLA fans/alumni;
That leads me to:
3) USC fans and alumni make Manhattan Beach a great place to live!
now THATS some twisted logic :)

PS you miss a nice get together sat with the Topix gang, of course I was the ONLY Giant fan there, Man Montebello is really Doyar country.
HardHat

Arnold, MO

#24 Mar 22, 2010
As a lifelong Arizona Cardinal fan, I once had high hopes for Matt Leinart. But I can say now with absolute certainty that he is going to go down in history as the biggest first-round QB bust since Ryan Leaf.

And so much of this article, I'm afraid, is revisionist history.

This is not Leinart's "first" time as the starter going into camp. He was the starter going in to 2007 (his 2nd season). He responded by not studying the playbook and stinking up the joint. In that year, he posted the worst avg passer rating in the NFL (61.9), threw for the fewest YPG in the league (129), and went 5 games without a TD pass to Larry Fitzgerald The Great. And when Warner was brought in to jump-start the offense, Leinart complained to the press in his now-infamous "Ride or Die With Me" interview with Michael Silver.

After Leinart's 2007 injury, Warner saved the season, throwing almost 3 TD's per game with his left arm held together in that giant brace. But still, Leinart was once again named the starter going into 2008.

But he responded this time by hosting an interception fest versus the Oakland Raiders in preseason, and the Cardinal wide receivers approached Coach Whisenhunt and demanded that Warner be named the starter. That season, Warner carried the Cards to the Super Bowl on his shoulders, and broke all the Cardinal season-single QB records.

Did Leinart learn anything from Warner? Doubtful. He openly pouted on the bench during their Super Bowl year... His worst pouting took place at a home game when Warner pitched a perfect passer rating versus the Miami Dolphins.

And in 2009, his last season, he was put into games in the 2nd half with big leads and almost blew every one of them (the Rams, Bears, and Jaguars -- the dregs of the NFL).

I just don't see a future for Leinart in the NFL. Based upon his draft position and contract, he was favored over Warner, but couldn't hold onto the job.

Frankly, I think he lacks both the physical and mental tools to be successful... especially the mental tools.
Kelly

United States

#25 Mar 22, 2010
Bambi Devore sounds like someone Tiger is banging

“'RESPECT"”

East L.A.

#27 Mar 22, 2010
manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
now THATS some twisted logic :)
PS you miss a nice get together sat with the Topix gang, of course I was the ONLY Giant fan there, Man Montebello is really Doyar country.
Go DOYERS!!!

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#28 Mar 22, 2010
Montebello Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Go DOYERS!!!
why am I not surprised ?

Giants will win da west this year.
Sack Him

Fullerton, CA

#29 Mar 22, 2010
Can't wait to see those big hungry linemen smash Matt right into the ground. His skills are limited. As a slow a?? QB he better grow eyes in the back of his head. Corners can't wait to pick him off. I rather see old Farve play than this stiff.
waldobinney

Santa Ana, CA

#30 Mar 24, 2010
Valley Tribe wrote:
Bad boy. It's much to early to be in this bad of a mood. Also try spell check now and then.
Bad Boy is right, sir. What has happened to merit pay?
This highly touted Lienart kid is collecting a monstrous paycheck for non performance.
(oh, I forgot my hyphen, sir).
Anyway, it's just a sport..........who the hell cares, but folks like you.
slinggren

AOL

#31 Mar 24, 2010
I have watched this kid since he was a 10 year old.Always a coaches dream,he will learn from sitting and shut the big mouths up.His dad was the best coach I ever coached against.I will say im not sure Arizona is the right fit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona Cardinals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nfl song Oct '16 NFL Lady 1
News Arians sees positives in bizarre 6-6 tie with S... Oct '16 The Wheeze of Trump 1
Great Site For Cheap Jerseys Sep '16 simone 1
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News 'Truth' reflects a year of ups and downs for Gw... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fart news 2
News LISTEN: Kurt Warner Weights In On... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 5
News NFL playoffs: Arizona Cardinals vs. Green Bay P... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
More from around the web