Cardinals sign Burges grad John Skelton

Cardinals sign Burges grad John Skelton

There are 12 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jul 14, 2010, titled Cardinals sign Burges grad John Skelton. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The Arizona Cardinals have signed quarterback John Skelton, their fifth-round draft pick, to a four-year contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Burges grad

El Paso, TX

#1 Jul 14, 2010
.....Now take care of your daughter!!
The Boss

Broomfield, CO

#2 Jul 14, 2010
Burges grad wrote:
Could not agree more. Dont be a dead-beat dad. Make it rught for her!!!!!!
final

El Paso, TX

#4 Jul 14, 2010
don't worry skelton child support is tax deductable. your little girl will appreciate the chance to have a normal life and the ability to go to college. don't wory about visiting her she has a great family.

you have grown into a good football player now come out from behind your mama's skirt and grow up to be a good man.
EPNative

Meridian, ID

#5 Jul 14, 2010
What I would like to know is why it's not reported that he has a child? Is it because it would tarnish his reputation? When it is a young lady who has a child the first thing that is mentioned is that she is "a single mother".

You wanted to dance Johnny-boy now it's time to pay the piper! A fair amount, not some outrageous sum. Oh and maybe you could be a part of her life? You are a FATHER now and have been for several years. Ignoring her won't make her go away. Man up, Skelton.
Petro

El Paso, TX

#7 Jul 15, 2010
EPNative wrote:
What I would like to know is why it's not reported that he has a child? Is it because it would tarnish his reputation? When it is a young lady who has a child the first thing that is mentioned is that she is "a single mother".
You wanted to dance Johnny-boy now it's time to pay the piper! A fair amount, not some outrageous sum. Oh and maybe you could be a part of her life? You are a FATHER now and have been for several years. Ignoring her won't make her go away. Man up, Skelton.
Sounds to me you raised a little gold digger that got screwed. LOL ,
mr r

San Antonio, TX

#8 Jul 15, 2010
they probably didn't mention it because the situation is so typical that it's hardly worth mentioning (ex. recent former player Travis Henry had 10 kids by 10 different women!)
Give you the Bird

El Paso, TX

#9 Jul 15, 2010
EPNative wrote:
It is not relevant to the story. Now, if it was a story on dead-beat dads and Skelton was a willing source, then it would be relevant.

Since: Jul 10

Ashburn, VA

#10 Jul 15, 2010
Burges grad wrote:
woah how do u know huh
hello

United States

#11 Jul 15, 2010
Give you the Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not relevant to the story. Now, if it was a story on dead-beat dads and Skelton was a willing source, then it would be relevant.
It is relevant to the story! Thanks to the baby mama, she didn't interfere while he was making all of his dreams come true!!! He was not there for the middle of the night feedings, doctor visits, and all the other hard work it takes to raise a child. He should be thanking her and her family for not making his life miserable while he was fulfilling his dreams and blowing up his ego. He needs to become a man and step up to the plate and take responsibility for his actions. I guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree.
qboleque

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jul 16, 2010
what can i say, this is a young man that did well in sports and decided to make a wrong decision. he is now the father not a dad to a beautiful young girl. i dont blame him at all, i blame his father!! his father is liviing his dream through his son. skelton senior should be ashamed that he has not shown his son responsibility. i am glad he made it to the nfl because he is very talented and because that little girl will have a great upbringing without him. all i need to ask is to pay up!! SUKA! hahaha
TJJackson

El Paso, TX

#13 Jul 16, 2010
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
It is relevant to the story! Thanks to the baby mama, she didn't interfere while he was making all of his dreams come true!!! He was not there for the middle of the night feedings, doctor visits, and all the other hard work it takes to raise a child. He should be thanking her and her family for not making his life miserable while he was fulfilling his dreams and blowing up his ego. He needs to become a man and step up to the plate and take responsibility for his actions. I guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree.
Wrong.

The story merely said that he'd signed a pro contract. Since he's not a candidate for political office, nor an incumbent, details of his private life are none of our business.
Anonymous

Xiamen, China

#14 Jul 30, 2010
Just contract.
--[url=http://www.cheapjerseys club.com/]Alala'Discount Jerseys[/url]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona Cardinals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nfl song Oct '16 NFL Lady 1
News Arians sees positives in bizarre 6-6 tie with S... Oct '16 The Wheeze of Trump 1
Great Site For Cheap Jerseys (Sep '16) Sep '16 simone 1
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News 'Truth' reflects a year of ups and downs for Gw... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fart news 2
News LISTEN: Kurt Warner Weights In On... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 5
News NFL playoffs: Arizona Cardinals vs. Green Bay P... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
More from around the web