Grading the 2012 NFL Draft: Team by Team

Apr 30, 2012 Full story: Rock Hill Herald 9

The Kansas City Star's Randy Covitz hands out grades to the 32 NFL teams for this year's draft.

Full Story

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Apr 30, 2012
OK it's understandable because Tony Bergstrom graded at 58 and we passed on Bobby Massie who graded out at 85.

I didn't think we needed a LB that bad but Miles Burgess was the best available at the time, but with the previous pick we could've taken Ronnell Lewis from OU who graded 83% and his strength is playing the run which is what we need.

I think we could've taken a DT earlier than we did or at some point taken CB Chase Minniefield plus Chris Polk RB from Washington was a top 5 RB prospect and surprisingly went undrafted and I think we should've snagged him instead of the WR. Plus there were better OL, DL, and LBs available to us, we just didn't draft them at the right time.

Can't blame them one bit for the F

Not to mention we dealt 3 picks for 3 different QBs.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#2 May 1, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
OK it's understandable because Tony Bergstrom graded at 58 and we passed on Bobby Massie who graded out at 85.
I didn't think we needed a LB that bad but Miles Burgess was the best available at the time, but with the previous pick we could've taken Ronnell Lewis from OU who graded 83% and his strength is playing the run which is what we need.
I think we could've taken a DT earlier than we did or at some point taken CB Chase Minniefield plus Chris Polk RB from Washington was a top 5 RB prospect and surprisingly went undrafted and I think we should've snagged him instead of the WR. Plus there were better OL, DL, and LBs available to us, we just didn't draft them at the right time.
Can't blame them one bit for the F
Not to mention we dealt 3 picks for 3 different QBs.
i also believe we could have should have started drafting a (cb) or started with a (dt). but we did need that (O) first pick. if he was first "best available" and we needed him, so be it. i mean our (O-line) isn't perfect but we know there are a few week links in there. the rest i'm ok with except for that (wr). and at the same time, you think about it and say, dhb is barely comming around. murphy has been hit and miss, ford just hasn't shown enough and moore may be the only one that has shown great strides but yet still fairly new. these guys have speed but have not been great. this new guy has hands but no speed. hope there is some kind of balance there.
my grade? maybe a c-
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#3 May 1, 2012
Grade is incomplete. You didn't have enough picks to begin with and none of them were early enough to get a true difference maker. That makes bringing Sorgi in all the more questionable. But if you pile enough crap on top of each other sooner or later it turns to compost

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 May 1, 2012
I also think that coaching plays a big impact on how players turn out.

LBF what do you think about the Bears draft?
ezg357

Madera, CA

#5 May 1, 2012
ezg357

Madera, CA

#7 May 1, 2012
I think the Vikings did get a few difference makers We will see this season.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#8 May 2, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
I also think that coaching plays a big impact on how players turn out.
LBF what do you think about the Bears draft?
I thought the DE from Boise State may have been a reach at that pick, but opposite peppers he may work well. I was impressed with WR Jeffries and think that will work well. Marshall on one side, Jeffries on the other lets Hester move into the slot and now you have multiple mismatches on each play in the passing game. Now if Forte gets over being "franchised" (we all should be so lucky) the bears should be able to move the ball

Since: Dec 06

Pinellas Park, FL

#9 May 2, 2012
I can find no bigger word than
IF
in the dictionary.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#10 May 4, 2012
Childress wrote:
I can find no bigger word than
IF
in the dictionary.
How about the word potential?
used in a sentence:
We drafted Ponder in the first round because of our belief in his potnetial

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona Cardinals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manning joins exclusive club in victory Oct 7 Flatulence Fred 7
Manning throws 500th career TD pass in win Oct 6 Flatulence Fred 4
Carson Palmer's shoulder 'regressed,' QB seeks ... Oct 2 2nd Opinion 1
Can Houston Texans QB Ryan Fitzpatrick limit in... Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Bengals' Mike Brown treated for 'minor' problem Aug '14 Mike Brownstain 2
49ers Lose In Game One At Candelstick (Sep '08) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 3
Palmer's short stint perfect, Arizona beats Texans Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 8

Arizona Cardinals People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE