Burges graduate drafted by Cardinals

Full story: El Paso Times 40
John Skelton, a former Burges High School and Fordham University quarterback, was selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the fifth round of the NFL draft on Saturday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
El Flaco

Fort Worth, TX

#33 Apr 24, 2010
Solidarity wrote:
<quoted text>
If you went to Burges, why don't you know how to spell it? There's no way you went there.
That's because he went to Burges. He attended EPISD schools.
HATERS

El Paso, TX

#34 Apr 24, 2010
All you haters out there need to stop! For once someone from El Paso is doing something big with his life. For the guy/girl saying that John is a scumbag, John is gonna make more money in one year than you will in all your lifetime. Stop hating!!! And who are you to get involved in his personal life? All I gotta say is good job John and beat out Matt Leinart for the starting QB spot. MMMMMMUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT TTAAAAANNNNGGGSSSS!!!!!
Chimichanga

United States

#35 Apr 24, 2010
If the paternity finds that he is the father, then he will have to pay child support. If not, then he doesn't .
However, what some posters fail to realize is that nobody can force him to be a parent to the child in question. He will will have to pay but, no judge can force him to be in her life. Society is filled with stories like this.
food fight

United States

#36 Apr 24, 2010
People who seach public records trying to fabricate senarios about an NFL recruit are to get a life. He may or may not be the dad, and she may or may not want him to be. What a bunch of nosy bodies from the peanut gallery.

No diplomas for any of the gossips.
high note

United States

#37 Apr 24, 2010
Dont know whats going on with this guy and child in question but both parties need to have a paternity test to put suspicions to rest.How about it or does one party have more to lose than the other?
high note

United States

#38 Apr 24, 2010
food fight wrote:
People who seach public records trying to fabricate senarios about an NFL recruit are to get a life. He may or may not be the dad, and she may or may not want him to be. What a bunch of nosy bodies from the peanut gallery.
No diplomas for any of the gossips.
Unfortunately thats what happens when a person is in the news just look at the lives of people in hollywood.Its not a secret anymore its public info.
high note

United States

#39 Apr 24, 2010
HATERS wrote:
All you haters out there need to stop! For once someone from El Paso is doing something big with his life. For the guy/girl saying that John is a ****, John is gonna make more money in one year than you will in all your lifetime. Stop hating!!! And who are you to get involved in his personal life? All I gotta say is good job John and beat out Matt Leinart for the starting QB spot. MMMMMMUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT TTAAAAANNNNGGGSSSS!!!!!
MONEY money you talking about money hello he has to make the team first, you talking about money!
Austin Panthers

El Paso, TX

#40 Apr 24, 2010
Solidarity wrote:
<quoted text>
If you went to Burges, why don't you know how to spell it? There's no way you went there.
That's because no one who went to Burges knows how to spell!
enough

El Paso, TX

#41 Apr 24, 2010
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Bryan Young- Andress
Eric Jack- Eastwood
Paul Smith- Andress
Ray Mickens- Andress
Rufus Brown- Austin
Robert Rodriguez- Montwood
I know Eastwood had a a couple of other players make the NFL and I am sure that schools like Bel Air and Coronado must of had a few who got a shot. Of the list above, Young and Mickens are the only ones I know that had were starters. My knowledge of El Pasoans going to the NFL before the mid-80's is fairly limited. Anyone else know about El Paso kids before this time?
Greg German-- Franklin---played for Miami and Buffalo
Solidarity

El Paso, TX

#42 Apr 24, 2010
food fight wrote:
<quoted text>
All you care about is spelling..on a blog about the NFL recruiting someone else from El Paso??? What is up with the "Solidarity" bit?
From someone who calls herself Food Fight, you have no room to ask about my name. And if you went to Burges, you would know why it's important. If you need an explanation, you didn't go there.
Nosey Buttinsky

AOL

#43 Apr 24, 2010
John is a skilled player, not a quality player. The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the ol man's tree. The teacher at BHS should ask his dad about this. All the money he will make will never make him a decent human. Skilled v quality.
El Paso Basketball a joke

Keller, TX

#44 Apr 24, 2010
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Bryan Young- Andress
Eric Jack- Eastwood
Paul Smith- Andress
Ray Mickens- Andress
Rufus Brown- Austin
Robert Rodriguez- Montwood
I know Eastwood had a a couple of other players make the NFL and I am sure that schools like Bel Air and Coronado must of had a few who got a shot. Of the list above, Young and Mickens are the only ones I know that had were starters. My knowledge of El Pasoans going to the NFL before the mid-80's is fairly limited. Anyone else know about El Paso kids before this time?
These are all Fort Bliss kids from other parts of the country. They did not grow up in EP
great number

Plano, TX

#46 Apr 24, 2010
99.9% is the father. DNA results are in! That why he begged girl not to take it to the courts. Hey, that be a great number for his jersey.
Parent

El Paso, TX

#47 Apr 24, 2010
For those of you who have no lives and like putting people down, GET A LIFE! I am the mother and I would like to defened my daughter, myself, and John. This is a personal issue and none of you guys should be involed! Just congratulate John for what he has accomplished and leave my daughter and my name out of it! No one knows my daughter, John, nor I personally. SO stop all of this drama. I dont't have to justify crap to no one, nor does John. However, when I see my daughter's name or our case number that is when I draw the line. As I said before just congratulate John and move on!
Nope

El Paso, TX

#48 Apr 24, 2010
El Paso Basketball a joke wrote:
<quoted text>These are all Fort Bliss kids from other parts of the country. They did not grow up in EP
No, I know Eric Jack spent a great part of his schooling in El Paso. Rodriguez is definitely a local. As far as the Andress kids are concerned, I do not know, but both Young and Mickens identify with El Paso. If Fort Bliss brought them here, so what?
The reason that very few locals make the NFL, is that very few are given an opportunity to develop and showcase their skills at the D-1 level. It has more to do with perception than with actual potential skill of El Paso football players. The day an El Paso high school produces more than a couple of linemen over 6 ft tall and 250 lbs, then you might see local skill players get more than a cursory look by big programs.
really

United States

#49 Apr 24, 2010
John, congratulations, the opportunity does not come to many people. I don't understand all of the stone throwing and judgement by people who know nothing of what is going on. I am glad he got the opportunity and he has made the best of what he has so far. See the positive in people for none is the perfect person.
lhj vljhv

El Paso, TX

#52 Apr 24, 2010
El Paso Basketball a joke wrote:
<quoted text>These are all Fort Bliss kids from other parts of the country. They did not grow up in EP
I am pretty sure Robert Rodriguez and Greg German both grew up in El Paso
unknown

Monterey Park, CA

#53 Apr 24, 2010
Lou james-philadelphia eagles parkland graduate
HATERS

El Paso, TX

#54 Apr 25, 2010
Yo high note!! Educate yourself in the game of sports. Hes gotta sign a contract before he straps on that helmet! Yeah it is about money, money, money. The same way you whine about wanting a .25 cent increase to put you at $8.50 an hour! Good job John and do chuco town proud!!!!
NYer

Washington, DC

#55 Apr 26, 2010
Proud of the mother for coming on here and holding her ground. Lets hope it all ends here. Make your city proud John. It is in your hands. Best of luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona Cardinals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Houston Texans QB Ryan Fitzpatrick limit in... Sep 4 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Bengals' Mike Brown treated for 'minor' problem Aug 25 Mike Brownstain 2
49ers Lose In Game One At Candelstick (Sep '08) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 3
Palmer's short stint perfect, Arizona beats Texans Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 8
Texansa Clowney goes through warmups for presea... Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Texans awful in debut for O'Brien, Fitzpatrick Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Cardinals find gem in 6th-round pick Ellington Jul '14 Drafting Logs 1
•••
•••

Arizona Cardinals People Search