Burges High School grad John Skelton finds 'great opportunity' in A...

Full story: El Paso Times 6
John Skelton has gotten used to culture shock over the past half-decade. First, the 2006 Burges High School grad made the jump from El Paso high school football to college football in New York City with Fordham University. Full Story
Texas Football Enthusiast

New York, NY

#1 May 20, 2010
"...This, he knows, will be a different kind of work. As one of the most accomplished quarterbacks in the Football Championship Subdivision and in all of the NCAA last year, he was an established star. Now he's hoping to begin the season as a third-teamer.

"When you're a starter, you get all the reps in practice," Skelton said. "Now I'll get three to five reps per practice. I have to take a lot of mental reps, be focused in meetings. I have to do everything I can to give myself a better chance."....."

It is refreshing to know John recognizes the opportunity he has given himself through all his hard work and realizes that at this point he has to work even harder, taking advantage of every rep he gets in practice.
Go Cards

New York, NY

#2 May 20, 2010
He has the raw skill that NFL teams dream of in their QB prospects and is of hispanic origin from his mother's side of the family from what I've read. As a lifelong Cards fan and proud hispanic. I now have 2 very good reasons to root for this promising young man.
My Two Cents

United States

#3 May 20, 2010
Who knows? He may turn out to be another Tony Romo for the Cards ... Good luck in your career in the NFL John; make El Paso and Burgess proud!
odiglesias

United States

#4 May 21, 2010
Hopefully he can now afford to pay all that child support he ows!!!
pure life

El Paso, TX

#5 May 21, 2010
good luck daddy
ruben rivas

El Paso, TX

#6 May 22, 2010
Child support! You bastards those are not his kids

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona Cardinals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Houston Texans QB Ryan Fitzpatrick limit in... Sep 4 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Bengals' Mike Brown treated for 'minor' problem Aug 25 Mike Brownstain 2
49ers Lose In Game One At Candelstick (Sep '08) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 3
Palmer's short stint perfect, Arizona beats Texans Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 8
Texansa Clowney goes through warmups for presea... Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Texans awful in debut for O'Brien, Fitzpatrick Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Cardinals find gem in 6th-round pick Ellington Jul '14 Drafting Logs 1
•••
•••

Arizona Cardinals People Search