Raiders' Depth at Running Back Remain...

Raiders' Depth at Running Back Remains a Concern

There are 7 comments on the NBC Bay Area story from Sep 1, 2012, titled Raiders' Depth at Running Back Remains a Concern. In it, NBC Bay Area reports that:

If No. 1 Raiders running back Darren McFadden goes down, who will pick up the slack? The Raiders simply seem to win when they have their often-injured but brilliant running back on the field, and struggle without him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Bay Area.

Nj raider 1

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2012
A concern 2 who? I'm not concerned at all. Yea he has a history of fluke injuries but none of them has been serious or the same injury. I have no doubt he'll play the whole season. It's a physical game but if you've watched him play then you'll see he dishes out more punishment then he receives. Mark my word, Mcfadden will lead the league in rushing & possiblly all purpose yards.
Angel Vitty

Irvine, CA

#2 Sep 3, 2012
The Raiders need to boost up and get a veteran RB to help McFADDEN someone such as HIGHTOWER or RYAN GRANT. They also need a MLB to boost up McCLAIN and stop the run.
Nj raider 1

United States

#3 Sep 3, 2012
Angel Vitty wrote:
The Raiders need to boost up and get a veteran RB to help McFADDEN someone such as HIGHTOWER or RYAN GRANT. They also need a MLB to boost up McCLAIN and stop the run.
We don't need either 1 of those injury prone backs. Tawain Jones is a good reliable back up for Mcfadden. He adds another dimension to the offense & you gotta give him the same respect that u give Dmc cuz l of his speed alone. As far as Mcclain, compare his stats to ray lewis & company & then respond. You'll be surprised! Have u been watching this preseason? As long as everybody stays in their gap lanes we good & Mcclain is as he was coming out of college.
raiderfaith

Benson, NC

#4 Sep 3, 2012
I like taiean jones, but we need a bruising back...a mack truck to pick up hard yards. Taiwan is finesse back..good but still need a mack truck even if its a #3back
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need either 1 of those injury prone backs. Tawain Jones is a good reliable back up for Mcfadden. He adds another dimension to the offense & you gotta give him the same respect that u give Dmc cuz l of his speed alone. As far as Mcclain, compare his stats to ray lewis & company & then respond. You'll be surprised! Have u been watching this preseason? As long as everybody stays in their gap lanes we good & Mcclain is as he was coming out of college.
Nj raider 1

United States

#5 Sep 3, 2012
we have marcel Reece and Owen Schmitt for that. that used to be a fullbacks job plus if you watched or no Greg k knapp offense , he runs stretch plays to set up the play action in the red zone. if we need anything we need a tight end and there are a couple good ones in free agency. Chris Cooley, Kellen Winslow are the most impressive ones out there we need to make a move before someone else does.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#6 Sep 3, 2012
I myself was impressed a little with Lonyae Miller. I think what RF is saying is that we need a Running back like Zack Crockett...one who can block and deal with the short yardage. Crockett's upside was he could play FB and TB which is good for a backup.
NJ is right about one thing...We do need to make a move after Chris Cooley or Kellen Winslow before neither is available
Wins-low

Houston, TX

#7 Sep 4, 2012
Kellen Winslow is a joke....avoid that basket case....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AFC West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does PFF's 11-5 prediction amount to Raiders be... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 182
News Oakland Raiders: Top 5 First-Round Draft Options Mar '16 TexasRaider 1
News Chiefs beat Raiders 23-17 to enter playoffs on ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Osweiler, Trevathan lead Broncos to 17-3 win ag... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News Enigmatic Jay Cutler Proves He Cares with Tenac... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 8
News Thursday Night Football Q&A: Tiki Barber "Peyto... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 10
More from around the web