Raiders showing interest in Mike Jenkins

Raiders showing interest in Mike Jenkins

There are 19 comments on the ESPN story from Mar 24, 2013, titled Raiders showing interest in Mike Jenkins. In it, ESPN reports that:

Mike Jenkins is a player in need of a fresh start and perhaps he will be provided one in Oakland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

NJ raider 1

Arlington, VA

#1 Mar 24, 2013
I personally hope we sign him. Then we could go for a more hybrid type DB in the draft. Someone we can plug in at corner or FS. That way address 2 needs in 1 wop. I wanted him last year. I thought Dallas would've cut him when he ask for release after loosing his starting job. He's a real good corner besides injury. Besides injury!
vote tim brown

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Raider nation go vote for Tim brown 2 be on the cover off Madden .. let's put on of the best recievers in the nfl 2 have played on the cover
OneNation

Chandler, AZ

#3 Mar 24, 2013
Terence newman needs to sign with us also!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#4 Mar 24, 2013
isn't he as good AND as good with injury as bartell and spencer?
RAIDERS 2013!!!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#5 Mar 24, 2013
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
isn't he as good AND as good with injury as bartell and spencer?
RAIDERS 2013!!!
No, he actually started all 16 games & went to the pro bowl as a rookie. Far cry from Spencer & Bartel.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#6 Mar 24, 2013
All I can say about Jenkins and Newman is that they are better than who we currently have.
OneNation

Chandler, AZ

#7 Mar 24, 2013
TexasRaider wrote:
All I can say about Jenkins and Newman is that they are better than who we currently have.
exactly

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#9 Mar 25, 2013
I think its pretty sad when we are looking at former cowboys...especially ones that never amounted to anything
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Mar 25, 2013
Haleys Commet wrote:
I think its pretty sad when we are looking at former cowboys...especially ones that never amounted to anything
It's obvious you don't know football! Look at the stats of his rookie season & as for Newman, he was 1 of the best CBs in the league & despite his age had a very good season for cin last year. I understand your hate for the girls, but that's no excuse got ignorance!
raiderfaith

Four Oaks, NC

#11 Mar 25, 2013
I guessing her comment was mainly on the cowgirls, going after a player that wasn't playing much. I don't know much about this player. That said, new coaches can make all the difference. So taking a project isn't a bad thing. I will say as good as Newman is, we need youth. It would be different if that was the missing piece to be a contender. But we are likely a couple seasons out. He won't be here by then..
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> It's obvious you don't know football! Look at the stats of his rookie season & as for Newman, he was 1 of the best CBs in the league & despite his age had a very good season for cin last year. I understand your hate for the girls, but that's no excuse got ignorance!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#12 Mar 25, 2013
raiderfaith wrote:
I guessing her comment was mainly on the cowgirls, going after a player that wasn't playing much. I don't know much about this player. That said, new coaches can make all the difference. So taking a project isn't a bad thing. I will say as good as Newman is, we need youth. It would be different if that was the missing piece to be a contender. But we are likely a couple seasons out. He won't be here by then..<quoted text>
True, but just like Carson's situation it could buy us time in search for another starting caliber CB. My opinion as far as Mike Jenkins is, if we sign him giving the fact that he's only 28yrs old, we may have found a gem. The guy can flat out play & was a of injury & clashes with the organization. Other than that the girls would've kept him. He didn't want to be the nickel corner, but was exposed the year before a couple times in being to short to compete on long jump balls. He was always in good position just couldn't jump with the likes of 6"5 WRs. As I stated he went yo the pro bowl in his rookie year so he couldn't be too garbage cuz he was picked on over Newman.
David Wilkerson

Yorktown, VA

#13 Mar 25, 2013
And how tall are the starting WR and the AFC west. Dewanye Bowe 6'4 Johathan Baldwin 6'4(chiefs) darrius Thomas and Eric decker both 6'3(Denver). And San Diego all way has tall WR. We ( and I mean the raiders) just need to bit the bullet don't sign any free agents and just draft correctly over the next few years. There's talent on our roster just have to draft more

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#14 Mar 25, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious you don't know football! Look at the stats of his rookie season & as for Newman, he was 1 of the best CBs in the league & despite his age had a very good season for cin last year. I understand your hate for the girls, but that's no excuse got ignorance!
You're really one to criticize after a lot of the dumb things you posted on here...Anyways I never said that I didn't want them. Actually I think it would be pretty neat for both of them to join the Raiders and shine so I can rub it into all the blue star of shame fans (as Tex calls them) that I work with

Oh and don't hate me for being the most appealing fan on here

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#15 Mar 25, 2013
Haleys Commet wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really one to criticize after a lot of the dumb things you posted on here...Anyways I never said that I didn't want them. Actually I think it would be pretty neat for both of them to join the Raiders and shine so I can rub it into all the blue star of shame fans (as Tex calls them) that I work with
ATTA GIRL!(lol) i always said, you are one baddass RAIDER chick!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#16 Mar 25, 2013
Haleys Commet wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't hate. How could I hate someone of the same flesh? Truth is what you call dumb has that probably & most likely been spot on. Why? Cuz I know football in & out & I don't just like uniforms & players. Both Jenkins & Newman would be nice additions. I definitely want Jenkins cuz he has talent & he's young. Newman would be an asset & teaching tool for whatever young guy or guys we bring in. Last but not least, hell of a backside! No you didn't say you didn't want them, but might as well had giving the fact you said it's sad that were looking at former cowboys. Especially ones that didn't amount to anything, & I just dropped you off at school! I'm digging the fact that you're the most appealing one on here.
David Wilkerson

Yorktown, VA

#17 Mar 25, 2013
Champion are won by teams that build through the draft . I love the raiders but I'm tired of the free agents fix that we try out then find ourselves over the cap not being about to pay our younger player
wiscraider

United States

#18 Mar 25, 2013
The NFL is such a crap shoot these days,I hate the talk of giving up a year,I mean with a few additions and a little luck the playoffs are achieveable...thus giving any playoff team a chance...look what balt did..I watched enough of there games to know there prolly not the best team,but they made a run...no reason we can't do the same thing in 2014!!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#19 Mar 25, 2013
wiscraider wrote:
The NFL is such a crap shoot these days,I hate the talk of giving up a year,I mean with a few additions and a little luck the playoffs are achieveable...thus giving any playoff team a chance...look what balt did..I watched enough of there games to know there prolly not the best team,but they made a run...no reason we can't do the same thing in 2014!!!!!
thank you!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#20 Mar 25, 2013
David Wilkerson wrote:
Champion are won by teams that build through the draft . I love the raiders but I'm tired of the free agents fix that we try out then find ourselves over the cap not being about to pay our younger player
There is no 1 specific winning philosophy. Just as there ain't no 1 specific winning style of offense. Everyone would love the luxury of building thru the draft for cap reasons more than anything. Otherwise there is no difference. It takes the luck of the draw to build a championship team thru the draft. Free agency was created for the purpose! The shape this team was in financially, tho I don't agree with some of the moves, the mixture of the draft & free agency is the best & only way to go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AFC West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does PFF's 11-5 prediction amount to Raiders be... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 182
News Oakland Raiders: Top 5 First-Round Draft Options Mar '16 TexasRaider 1
News Chiefs beat Raiders 23-17 to enter playoffs on ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Osweiler, Trevathan lead Broncos to 17-3 win ag... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News Enigmatic Jay Cutler Proves He Cares with Tenac... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 8
News Thursday Night Football Q&A: Tiki Barber "Peyto... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 10
More from around the web