McKenzie commits to McFadden in 2013

Running back Darren McFadden is a big part of the Raiders plans moving forward in 2013, general manager Reggie McKenzie said Thursday. Full Story

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#1 Jan 17, 2013
hope you guys are happy. i'm not. i would have traded mcfadden even if we found a new (OC)-coach that opened lanes for him. watch, he will get tackled easy at the trench. and, he will injure his ankle again. but? squeeze what you can out of him!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Freddy

Granger, IN

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Nope. They need to sign him for another two year at least.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#3 Jan 17, 2013
he likes pryor! i think he may have plans for pryor?
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Freddy wrote:
Nope. They need to sign him for another two year at least.
(lol) i think i'm the only one that's against it. but you watch freddy how his season will turn out. prett close to 2012.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#5 Jan 18, 2013
Truthfully, i hope we develop Pryor as a drop back passer. Any kind of wildcat/running the QB shenanigans i really hate. Its so cheesy and just gets guys hurt. Packaging your Qb to do 1 specific thing stunts his development too, and then all you are left with is a big, tall running back instead of a mobile qb.

McFadden has long been my favorite player but is just remarkably injury prone. It's a shame really. Can you imagine what he would be like healthy even most of the time? In the right scheme?

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#6 Jan 18, 2013
i'm done with mcfadden! and i gotta say, it's only fair that he finishes his contract this one more year but if it was my choice? listen, seymour has the right to finish his contract as well. he's been injured and has played injured for the most part. think he's gonna be here one more season? mcfadden has the skills to break loose and make for a big run "when" there is a "big" gap. but i felt that not only this last season but throughout the years here, how many is it, 5?, he has to have someone open holes for him cause he can't find an opening himself.AND? when he gets hit he goes down easy. PLUS? his constant injury! sure, he can run when he breaks open, or when the (O_line) opens a gap for him cause he's fast. but how often does that happen? specially with a new team offense. to be honest? he's better off with another team for his sake. if i was him, i'd say trade me. you're gonna trade me after next season anyways! we need a bo jackson type runner,(hard to find). but mcfadden isn't going to cut it and will probably be a waste of a season here. and don't get me all wrong, i really hope he does great his last season here. and then what? give him another three year contract?
RAIDERS 2013!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#7 Jan 18, 2013
i always felt mcfadden did better running to the sides. mckenzie feels mcfadden is a better straight up runner. but if we do that, his season is gonna look exactly like 2012 season. he's gonna hit a wall!(lol), and mcfadden probably injures more running to the sides?
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Long Time Raider fan

Denver, CO

#8 Jan 18, 2013
Mcfaddens best years are behind him. He has had way too many injuries and he is unstable and inconsistent, The Raiders cannot count on him unless they let him run like he did in 2011 and even so, hes lost a step or two, Time to trade.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#9 Jan 18, 2013
I would still like to bring in a cheap free agent running back. I don't think McFadden will last this season.
raiderfaith

Dallas, TX

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Should trade him, he still has game but only for part of a season. Injury seems to be the standard for him. He will blow up a few games, but not worth resigning.

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#11 Jan 22, 2013
The more I think about this, it probably means maybe he's going for skill players next year. I hear more talk about defense this year than anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tribute: Mara Lynn Washam 'asked for very littl... (Jun '08) 6 min trevor 2
2012 NFL Free Agency: Cleveland Browns Join the... (Mar '12) 2 hr Brittnay Spears 111
For Vikings WR Johnson, there's always room for... 2 hr GBPmies 1
Raiders Really Tried to Blow This Win 2 hr The Fist Pump of ... 1
Rex Ryan: Jets improved "in a zillion ways" in ... 2 hr Morning Woody 1
Adrian Peterson: "I won't ever use a switch again" 2 hr Yo Adrian 1
Derek Carr 2 hr Darth God 2

NFL Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE